Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Some rules are stupid and need to be broken in order…

• This topic has 14 voices and 114 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

WOW who is g-mac???????

gmac

sorry i meant to sign my post.
    linda vanderhoff

Macdaddy

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

bmiddaugh

Good then I expect no current people “volunteering” for BMX in NJ will drop the f-bomb all over me at the next state meeting nor stick their hand in my girlfriends face.
    Using words like some racers should be disqualified could be easily misconstrued as getting stepped on. Just because one is attempting to do something different.
    BMX racing has degressed and some of it has happened, at least in my opinion and if I remember some of the conversations I had with Linda last summer her opinion as well, directly because of actions that have been taken by the nbl. And as I keep saying, the only way to affect change is, unfortunately to buck the system so bad that it makes some people agitated.
    I look forward to the time when people like whoever is doing the state clerking job for the nbl say to someone like Dave when they want to make things different, is
    yea, that does suck, we all need to figure out a way to make the nbl do what the guys riding want done.
    The sanctions would not exist without us.
    BMX will and always exist with or without the sanctions.

I expect everyone will be at the next track or state meeting looking to do their part.

gmac

brett are you addicted to caffine?? you are bouncing all over the place. you always talk about how you respected bob warnicke, well i can tell you
    first hand what he would tell you about making things change. ranting and raving doesn’t get it done. all it does as you have experienced is throw up brick walls around those you are trying to get to listen. if you calmly discuss an idea or subject without giving the impression that you are “attacking” people will listen.
    i agree that there are things the NBL does that has hurt the local programs. but i don’t believe it was their intent, it is the fallout of changes that were made for other reasons. the bottom line is, each track is their own business and it is their responsiblity to get their customers and once they get them they need to keep them. the nbl rules or the aba rules are not going to gain or lose riders. the tracks create their own destiny.

Macdaddy

You mean that the tracks are completely autonomous? That new. Every time there is a problem, the local tracks – AND I AM NOT JUST SPEAKING ABOUT NJ OR NBL- it can’t be fixed here that is something that needs to be handled at the State meeting, oh sorry that can’t be handled here that is a (insert santioning body here) rule.

this is me banging my head against the wall.

XMotoXchick

If I remember at the last meeting I was at, It wasn’t Brett yelling or attacking anyone. It was the members of the organization doing that to Brett. Jeff Morgan screamed and told people to f off.. Got in my face when I said nothing to him. Matt Danick told Brett he was stupid several times. When he didn’t have a fuken clue what he was talking about in regards to 501c3 organization. I also remember Janeen being extremely confrontational. I also remember her making a statement about Brett using the jersey devil logo as taking someones intellectual property. First off it was Pete Wohlgemuth who had the Idea for the Jersey Devil logo. Not Janeen so someone should be asking her where she got off taking someone else’s intellectual property. Also what is Jeff Morgans explanation for taking the website that Brett was asked to create for the state .. Where is it when is he going to return Bretts intellectual property. Learn to Practice what you preach before you Sit on your pulpit.
    You are all hypocrites

sincerely
    Christine Blake

bmiddaugh

I step up everywhere.
    I have been to more than ….well a lot of meetings.
    And the only person who seems to remain calm and collected at these meetings is me.
    If some people can’t handle people voicing their opinions on message boards, well as Ellie Stack would have said to me, that is their problem.
    A “rant’ usually never has a point.
    My “rants” have gotten us,
    ~$5,000 dollars.
    ~It had gotten us a new and improved site, till someone decided that if a person asks for a discount that it is better to tell them to f-off and I am raising the price on you.
    ~A crop of riders that are actually interested in doing for the sport.
    The status quo got us to where we were at up to two years ago.
    And as I continue to say, because I respect someone does not mean I need to follow exactly what they do.
    I’m not sure Bob would respect what BMX has devolved into at the local level.
    Bob had vision, that is what I see as sorely lacking, until the riders had a fire lit under their butt by someone who said, you don’t have to have someone tell you how things are done.

Man, I gotta tell you from what I have seen at state meetings, the words “calmly discussed” are something a lot of people need a lesson on.
    Dang, maybe we can get into another discussion of which track is taking which other tracks riders? oh, no hold on, let’s talk about how the state can’t accept grants?
    LOL, you guys are funny, caffeine, yea….caffeine…

XMotoXchick

If Brett can do all he has on caffeine. What are all the chain smokers excuses. By the way the chain smoking sets such a great example to all the young riders. What a role model… 😀

Macdaddy

No offense linda, but you can’t just come on and get away with this. Throwing a blanket over this all and saying that the answer to all problems is volounteerism and poking the people here, who volounteer all the time is wrong. The bmx racing scene in NJ was putrid just 3 years ago, now you have seen all sorts of change for the better. While i have problems with some of what Brett says and does, I don’t think it is a coicendence that a lot of the changes occurred after Brett showed up. The days of hiding everything from the riders is over and if brett leaves bmx tomorrow it is too late. You need to either accept that change is inevitable or just step aside and let other people lead. I’m sorry, I have a real problem with this. I happen to speak with 3 of the four current track directors and i happen to think that they are really trying to improve things in NJ. That wasn’t always the case. I could really go into details but i won’t. I am not saying that there is 1 td that doesn’t just that i don’t speak to him . All four tracks are improving, dispite the actions of a few(dwindling) people. If you need to know I vol at egg harbor and flemington.

XMotoXchick

The days of hiding everything from the riders is over

Well said Macdaddy

Macdaddy

I cant forget, there is also a state director who is genuinely interested in making the state a better one to race in. That is also something that wasn’t always so. The bottom line is that the state as a whole is 1000% better now than it was just a few years ago and it should continue to get better with the participation of guys like brett, the cramners, the people at cj, the whole crew at flemington, the new crew at egg harbor, and the knappers.

GOD i need duct tape to keep my head from exploding.

RaidenHayden

Yeah I know how ya feel, I finally gave up, there is a better way that is my path

CrazyCraig

Hey y’all. Good morning. Yes, its 5am.

I just want to say thank you to Linda for coming on this site and talking with us and expressing your opinion. From what I see, not everyone is in total agreement, but we can’t have a true conversation unless everyone involved in NJ BMX throws in.

Linda – you have been around this thing for a long time. I will admit, I was gone from the sport since 1990 before showing up again in 2006. I have alot of respect for you staying with it as long as you have.

I believe alot of the BS that has happened could have been avoided, but Linda, you have to respect this group for what it is. We may not look it, but we are a rebel group. When all our friends were playing baseball or football, all we wanted to do was ride and race our bikes. Now here we all are in, or approaching, our 40’s, and guess what, we’re still rebels. How many 39 old dads do you think there are in my town that will throw down at the local jumps?

That said, yes, we may have approached things wrong at times. And maybe Bob W. would not appreciate all the tactics, but I know he would totally respect the passion.

I have to agree with XmotoXchick that Brett was not getting the respect he deserved at the meeting, but maybe because we all know his passion and maybe the other people there did not. Personally, I want to know why didn’t anyone on the board censor Jeff Morgan? His actions were clearly uncalled for and showed that he may not be right for NJ BMX anymore. His fee may not seem like alot at $250, but I believe $250 can be spent alot better elsewhere, especially when we can get hosting virtually free, etc. But I digress.

Right now it appears we have four passionate TOs. These TOs need help building their respective programs. I know we hear about Foothills BMX in CT pulling big local moto counts, etc, and we need to learn a thing or two from them, but I feel here in NJ the tracks will flourish when EVERYONE involved is passionate about bringing about change, and change that positively influences racing and making the newest BMX family feel like they joined something special. If they come here and feel like they joined a dysfunctional organization, they won’t stick around long.

That’s my 3 cents on the subject. Now where is my coffee?

BIGANT-DOG

Also remember morgan clled me out insulted me and wanted to fight, Personally I am glad he does not come around anymore. Hey he may have did alot in the past, but from waht i saw the past does not matter. 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.