Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Some rules are stupid and need to be broken in order…

• This topic has 14 voices and 114 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

i really hate that i know so much about the “politics”

time to drink beer and say FUK it

Macdaddy

Ok, this may not be the thread to do this but I will anyway. Sinse this site has been up and running one of the common rants (besides clips) is sandbagging. Everyone agrees that it is not in the best interest of the sport to do this. If there is a teenage novice that puts his brakes on in a main so he doesn’t get moveup points, then he is deemed to have CHEATED and the rules state that he should be stripped of any points and given the moveup points anyway. Fair, right? Yet this very thing happens in NJ all the time and no track director(the person with the athority to enforce the rules) does anything about it. I don’t hear anyone saying that the rules should be changed for the kid who now has to accept the moveup points. No, instead we say that sandbagging should stop. Not racing your class to gain an advantage is also a form of sandbagging. Why is there a call to change the rules in this case? I hope you are not telling me that the 2 racers that sandbagged and by the way ruined the race for other riders made their chances of winning MONEY any better? The last time I checked there are a lot of people that race 2 classes all the time with no problem. It sounds like these 2 riders were not there for the fun of cometition but there to win money. So what about what that tell your rookie riders? Hey I don’t have to follow any rules. I’ll just cheat if it gives me a better chance to win money. This sounds like just the thing this site would want to stop, or maybe it isn’t interested in that sort of thing. Lets just change the rules just to aggitate the powers that be.(or not be in this case). Well, that is just plain baloney.

The real call should have been how these 2 greedy riders ruined the day of a fellow rider for their own benefit, without regard for the sport.

you all can kill me now.

bmxmom156

many others had to race class also… i assume unless you are on a team sheet when you race open you will bag your class race( unless you are gunning for a #1 nj plate) danny had to go out in class cause he was on the team sheet. i am willing to bet if he wasnt on in class he would have coasted in class also. on sat he had semis and mains( 17-24x)…so 9 motos to race in a 2 hr period is a big much wouldnt you say? when is the last time you had to go all out in that short period of time?? i dont agree that they should have to race class either but its not a nj rule its nbl so take it up with bt.

hey ant why not give your buddy bob a call and find out why this rule exists? not a bad idea…

not everyone who coasts in class is sandbagging. experts dont bag they are just conserving energy.

4130forlife

yep, beer is tasting good.. macdaddy is on point..

the riders who want the money.. sh1t. let them race for money, get rid of the you have to race class to race open.. that way you wont have that crap..

i think the two riders didnt even make the main anyways

i hate money by the way

but i LOVE beer<3

Macdaddy

Sorry for that, it must have been something I ate. I didn’t even ask Brett which rule is stupid. Is it that they won’t combine motos, or that ams need to race class to race open. By the way craig, we had Jeremy in his class on the moto sheet on Sat and he went 1-1-1 he also went 1-1-1 on sun in class. If these 2 riders did the same thing and went 1-1-1 and 2-2-2 there wouldn’t be a problem. there really isn’t a comparason there. sorry

BIGANT-DOG

hey ant why not give your buddy bob a call and find out why this rule exists? not a bad idea…
    I already called it is an nbl rule.[/quote]

bmxmom156

this is really betw s4lnj and the 2 other riders when you come down to it. i dont know who they are -craig knows as he is their tm( so i heard) so really what we say dosnt mean a rats ass. its betw them… they will have to race the season together so they will ultimately have to work something out to make sure he gets a class.maybe there are more of them and they will show up at the next state race who knows… like i said it was prob just a communication prob i would hope they didnt opt out on him on purpose…

dont think sandbagging has anything to do with it( are they novs?)

its the riders choice if he wants to coast/ race or really try. if he coasts and isnt in it for the competition thats his choice

bmiddaugh

The point of every one of my rants is this.
    The riders should be allowed to vote and decide what works best for them.
    Not people who do not race.

Hence the head people of the n b l.

I’m sorry that is my opinion and it will never change.

Sandbagging occurs when one races obviously out of class to improve ones chances of “winning”, if you can call it that when you are racing people that you obviously outclass.

There is obviously a rift someplace at local races.
    Our state qualifier at an excellent facility drew 35 motos.
    Not stacked 8.. sorry 6 man motos but small motos.
    Either people start to think outside the box, or let it go.
    If you’re over 16 and ain’t racing, I’m sorry and this will sound very harsh but you should really have no opinion on this.

If freestyle BMX riders can control their sport, so can BMX racers.
    Trust me, and I AM GOING TO HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN.

4130forlife

i trust brittles.. and so should all of you

bmiddaugh

lol, hey Dave, how many times can I use the word “obviously” in a rant, LMAO!

signed,
    brittle spagittles.

“he who’s ego is not easily bruised”

Macdaddy

sandbagging is also losing on purpose for whatever reason you have. but fine I dont race so my opinion doesnt count

4130forlife

not YET you dont.. i stress the word YET

bmiddaugh

oh and everyone should know this.
    These guys aren’t just “racing for the money”.
    They are racing because they are racing the fastest guys in the area, they want the challenge, that is what motivates them.

Would you wade through 16 men, who are badazz, risk your life, for a possible shot at a wopping…
    $150.00 bucks?
    And trust me, they are risking it all. Anyone on here who has crashed and gotten run the heck over on a track can tell you how risky this is.

Macdaddy

sorry but i have NO opinion about that

4130forlife

eh, they are racing for money..more fast guys race nationals.. not saying the guys who race the pro am arent the fastest fukers around.. but they want the money

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.