Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Presidents Cup-Christmas Classic

• This topic has 12 voices and 60 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I offered my help in anyway I could back in july. I was told that they didnt need any help that they had everything covered.

Who said this, do you remember?
    I am very curious.

bmiddaugh

PM me if you want instead of saying it here.

BMXspectator

I agree with you 100% bmxer. The problem could have been avoided if you would have followed the very simple rules just like everyone else did. But we know that is hard for you to do. Why is it that 30 + riders were at that race and you are the only one that had a problem? Make you think.

bmxmom156

years ago somoene did hand the jerseys out before the trip and you are correct that causes too many complications like who forgot theirs, who didnt pay etc.. then they went to the system of handing them out at the race to make sure everyone that got one actually raced!

i think one year ahead of time they made announcements of team nj meeting later at such and such time ( i know its hectic to get a time thats good for everyone with practice sched so crazy) at the spot where the nj banner was posted( did we even have the banner up this yr? was there a nj section?) i think they had a 2 hr window to pick up the jerseys and maybe 1-2 kids who got there late picked theirs up the next day..back then they had over 70 riders from nj. i remember as this yr it was cotton jerseys and our first year going. i think linda luden did it if my memory serves me correctly. let me tell you those jerseys were picked up on time or there was hell to pay. i wouldnt want to have to do it the next day… haha parents ( for the little guys) and riders have to be responsible for something and stop whining. and back then we had parents state t-shirts to boot to hand out as well ( they matched the jerseys and were all paid for in advance) i had to fill in for her just checking off the list while she went back to her room for maybe an hr..believe me its a nightmare!!!

how did she do it alone? ORGANIZATION ahead of time and something like this is not easy to do esp dumped on someone the last minute.

tuffneck

organization is key also communication with out these two things you will always have problems with a non profit org like njbmx you need to have commities ie trophys /jackets / presdident cup with people in charge of these and people under them for support with out this type of organization you wont get any were just my 2 cents

bmxer901

First the only problems I had was a whole in the arm pit area of the jersey. Thats where my problems ended when rich said it was my prob. The major problem could have been avoided, the jersey had no CUFF on it. Why would you give a kid a jersey w/o a cuff on it. there was two other families that had problems with there jerseys but said it wasnt worth the argrivation since it was only minor.
    Bottom line would any rider here wear a nj state jersey at the presidents cup w/o a cuff?? Or any jersey for that matter. No i dont think anyone would. The problem only got as bad as it did becuase rich didnt wanna simply give him a new one. Yes there were extras so thats not an excuse. It took Mr. Crammer to handle it and replace the ripped jersey. So why is everyone taking rich’s side. it wouldnt be becuase who he is would it. I feel bad he got stuck with the job since he didnt wanna do it. But like it was already said communication and organization is the key. Ok well no one at the race knew where farside was, no one at the race knew when he was going to hand them out. Like rich said 2pm he had them announce that he was there and handing them out. Ok I was sitting practically right next to him and no one picked up a jersey. Why do you think no one else came to him if they had a problem, becuase not only would he not do anything about but he would make a big seen.
    Back bfore the pres. cup went to florida janeen and nancy were in charge of handing out the jerseys. They did an fantastic job. Everyone that was going knew what time to get there jerseys and where. Hey we even used to have a big banner the said New Jersey. This year a parent out of there own pocket had to have own made. ok it just said NJ on it but did he get any credit or a thanks, NO. Why couldnt we even have a banner this year. Why is everyone defending rich when at the race everyone with this matter was against him for what he was doing.

bmxmom156

where the heck is the banner that chris moore made for the state a few years back?

what happens to this stuff??? it was a pic of nj and it had the 4 tracks on it..now mind you mullica is gone but whats wrong with that one?

this is what i am talking about… really makes me mad that a parent had to put out from his pocket to have one made? a state banner should be traveling with the state team manager who does the team sheets and hands out the jerseys…. just like the way it was done in the past.

i know most people will say well you do it then… if we went i would have hung it gladly it gives people a home base and place for new pres cup families to go for help..it can be especially confusing with parade lap and all that and the kids worked hard for the chance to go and represent… they deserve better for sure.

BMXspectator

This iz oveusley not bmxer901 in diz last post. It wuld look to mee like sume one iz veery gelus.

bmxer901

jelous no. pissed that he actually has the nerve to come on here and thrash other riders and make it seem like he did nothing wrong. Its obvious that he works hard at what he has accomplished, but thats not the problem. Giving ripped jerseys and saying deal with it is the problem.

BMXspectator

Sorry but I don’t see that he mentioned any names in the beginning. It wasn’t till you or the other person that post under Carl’s name mentioned them. It would look to me that you two are the ones with the problem. You should take the advice that is mentioned on here and go to the upcoming state meeting. Tell them you would like to do the jerseys for next year. You can do it better then Farside did. Or you could go with my suggestion

Why don’t you go infect another state with your problems.

bmxer901

Trust me ill be trying to make it to th emeating. I never said he did a bad job getting the jerseys, now did I. If you would listen you would have seen that I said he did the best to his ability beeing stuck handing them out. How many times do I have to say it coulda been avoided if he woulda just took the jersey back that was in no shape to even be given out and just replace it like anyone else would have.
    Ive made my suggestions in the past at meatings they dont listen. Their answer is always this is how its been done in th epast so were sticking with it. If its how it has always been done then why do they always change things every year when it comes down to the last min.
    Theres no reason why they cant be done by the state championship, and chaseing down deposites is not an answer. Just about every single state that goes to this race hands their jerseys out before they even leave for the race.
    BMXspectator, how about if you go to another state with your lame excuseing and b.s answers. Where as you could be trying to help come up with new ideas or even just ways to fix the old ones you just keep going with dumb replies. Maybe if you would have looked at these points you would think about it.
    1. there is no jelousy problem.
    2. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED
    3. Rich is making a big deal about the rider not wearing his jersey.
    4. The cuff was ripped off when it was received.
    5. The ripped jersey got cought in the brake lever almost cuasing a crash

Like I have said in the past if whoever is buddy buddy with the top officials in nj they will never have problems. They can do just about w.e they want and everyone will be on there side. no wounder why nj bmx is going down hill. Mind you for the first 2 yrs we raced we had a great state program and an even better pres. cup program. SO WHATS SO DIFFERANT NOW!!!!

BMXspectator

@bmxer901 wrote:

Like I have said in the past if whoever is buddy buddy with the top officials in nj they will never have problems.

Could you please explain in more detail what you are trying to say?

And could you please tell all of us what bmxer901 has done for njbmx or any of the 3 tracks in the last two years?

bmxbum1

I heard through the grapevine that Guess Who is the one who ripped the cuff off of Carl’s jersey? Personally, I think it was Red-A!

Kudos to Rich for stepping up and taking the job on. Shit happens everyone. Relax. It’s a freaking jersey for god’s sake!

bmiddaugh

barring all the state jersey drama.
    Of which, this will be rememdied for the 07 season, if I am around, guaranteed…

Can ANYONE tell me why when I check the nbl results for the pres cup I only get the standings for
    35 over nov and 35 over x?

WTF is up man?

BobTedesco
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.