Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Presidents Cup-Christmas Classic

• This topic has 12 voices and 60 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    RFarside

There were 34 riders who represented NJ in the Presidents cup race. There were some problems that will need to be looked at so we can make a better showing for next year. It doesn’t look good for NJ when you have 2 riders that decided they were not going to run the NJ jerseys and just take them off. And to top the day off we had 2 NJ parents cursing at the top of there lungs at me around the staging lanes where there were all the 12 and under kids/parents waiting to get on the gate. This made New Jersey look real good.

bmxer901

Just thought this should get cleared up before the famous rich farside trys to make it worse. The origonal jersey that was taken off was given to him w/o a cuff on the sleave. When rich was confronted about it, instead of helping with it or offering a new jersey he just made the problem worse causeing the arguement. the jersey was taken off after the first moto due to the fryed sleave getting cought in the brake lever. This is a major safty problem. The second rider took off his jersey out of protest. After all hid jersey was damaged as well. After the origonal jersey problem was fixed by mr. crammer the second rider put his state jersey back on. This could go farther with what was said by Mr. Farside, but instead I would like to end it with a thank you to Mr. Crammer for handling the problem like it should have from the begining.

RFarside

Carl I would watch what you say until you know all the facts, but that’s up to you. Please feel free to call me and I can fill you in. Better yet why don’t you and your family come to the state meeting and tell them your problems.

BIGANT-DOG

I was not there but i am gonna go out on a limb for rich, He went through major headaches to even get those jersey’s Yeah rich bust’s my balls ALL THE DAMN TIME. But i think there is alot more to this 901, I have seen rich do nothing but try to help people (including me) So as far as im concerned i am gonna be biased on this one. BTw carl have you been to a state meeting this year, forgive me but if you have a problem come join us on the 20th, cuase it will be one big party!!!!! Oh and if you are gonna bag on pepople use spell check :wink:!

After all hid jersey was damaged as well
    “his”

BIGANT-DOG

My job was to order the 2006 NJ state jerseys. THAT’S IT. Not collect the money or be in charge of passing them out. That is what Janeen, Nancy or Scott should have done. Like I have said in the other post, watch what you say until you know your facts.

BIGANT-DOG

double post

bmxer901

Rich this could have all been avoided if you would have handled the jerseys alittle better. You didnt have the right to say we didnt give the deposite, you know for a fact we gave the deposite after all you posted it on the forum that we gave it. It was real nice for you to tell us that victor shouldnt have even goten a jersey in the first place. I understand he got stuck with the job, someone else could have been put in charge or offer to. Rich why did you tell victors mom that it was her mistake for giving the deposite to janeen?? It was still on you list that both were paid in full.
    Also just remember rich I was there for everything I mentioned. Yes some of it I was not there for and for those moments I will say only what i know.
    Ant I type fast, the D is right next to the S simple mistake. Was that the only spelling error???

RFarside

I will try this again.

@bmxer901 wrote:

Rich this could have all been avoided if you would have handled the jerseys alittle better.

If someone didn’t help themselves to the jersey box and take whatever they wanted why I was gone there wouldn’t have been a problem. No one else had this problem like you did.

@bmxer901 wrote:

You didnt have the right to say we didnt give the deposite, you know for a fact we gave the deposite after all you posted it on the forum that we gave it.

This was posted on the front page of this site.
    “Important State Jersey Message
    If you did not give your deposit for your state jersey this weekend, your jersey is now up for grabs. I.E.: We have approx. 40 jersies that are UNCLAIMED with no deposit money. PM Rich Farside if you would like a jersey. The unclaimed ones will be up for sale throughout the yearâ€ÂÂ￾

It was also announced at the Old school race, Veterans Day race, Iron man race, and the State banquet that if you didn’t have your deposit in for your jersey that your jersey would be up for grabs. If you go to here Post #1 you will see that on October 26th Victors name was on the list. Then a month later on November 27th Post #2 his name was still on the list with all the information needed to take care of it. The deposit that was given to me at the Veterans Day race by Janeen was on a piece of paper with your name and you paid $20.00 cash. If you would like to see this let me know because I have it.

@bmxer901 wrote:

Rich why did you tell victors mom that it was her mistake for giving the deposite to janeen?? It was still on you list that both were paid in full.

I never said that and both deposits were not paid. I told her the only deposit that I received was from Janeen at the Veterans Day race and it was for you (Carl Risley) not Victor behm. And if you go back and check the 2 post you will see Victor never paid his deposit.

@bmxer901 wrote:

Also just remember rich I was there for everything I mentioned. Yes some of it I was not there for and for those moments I will say only what i know.

Like I said before Carl. If you would like me to show you all my paper work that I have for the jersey list feel free to call me. I would be glad to show you and anyone else who would like to see it. I did not do this for money or anything else. I did this because I wanted to help out the NJ riders. But I can see that you and your parents just don’t understand that.

BIGANT-DOG

farside wrote

I did not do this for money or anything else. I did this because I wanted to help out the NJ riders

We need more people like this people who do not care about the money or “getting paid” to do a volunteer sport.

bmxer901

This can all be avoided next year. Unfortunitly we learned the hard way. Maybe next year we can possible get everyone their jerseys before the race so if theres any probs it can be settled before they leave for the race

RaidenHayden

Yep, but again that’s not Rich’s fault this year

LeadSled1

Then you will get the “oh, I forgot my Jersey at home” gimick.

I nominate Carl to be the Jersey Jockey next year. Have fun. I did it 3 times before. You will never make everyone happy.

Good job Rich, at least you stood up and put some heart into it.

bmiddaugh

I was gonna come on here and go on this diatribe about Rich and being responsible.
    Teen, the way things were run in the 80’s, grades, out of trouble.
    Family man, so he holds true to the same values now.

Most importantly I was about to go on about, how OUT OF EVERYONE, the fastest rider who rode for one of the biggest companies BITD, comes back and only expects to be treated,
    LIKE EVERY OTHER RIDER.

Dammit, some of you just don’t get it,…
    let me put it this way.
    This would be like Mike Day PERSONALLY worrying about whether or not everyone gets their jersey and trying to make Elite #1 at the same time.
    Above and beyond, that is what racing in the 80’s taught us.
    Look, I KNOW you guys aren’t lazy and you care about this sport, well dammit, do what the freestyle guys have done and
    TAKE CONTROL OF RACING.

bmiddaugh

Carl,
    This is specifically for you.
    If by some strange chance of circumstance I somehow get in a position to be in charge of things…
    I will be expecting your input into state jerseys, whether it’s designs or keeping track of names and deposits, it’ll be something.

Usually in my mind, he who speaks the most, cares the most, and you seem to really care about this.
    You tell all your friends out there in your late teens and early 20’s that you HAVE TO TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY for this sport.
    Otherwise people will ALWAYS tell you HOW BMX racing should be.

The only mistake Rich made was helping out and that is never a mistake.

bmxer901

I offered my help in anyway I could back in july. I was told that they didnt need any help that they had everything covered. I already pmed rich and told him that besides this everything was done above and beyond what he was called on to do. I understand he was stuck with the position of handing them out last minute and yes he did it to his best ability for him also racing and trying to spend some time with the family.
    I never said it was easy, but what i am saying is that the problam that was caused could have been avoided simply by just giving victor a jersey that atleast had a cuff on it. There is no rider on this forum let alone in NJ that would race a jersey that could cause him to get hurt. That is what no one is understanding. If it wasnt for mr. crammer the problem would have probably been worse.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.