Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old NO SMALL KIDS BEGINERS OR NOVICES ON FIRST TWO STAIGHTS @EHT

• This topic has 17 voices and 48 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

im sure les will tone it down or when they start riding it the lips usually round out.. if you dont like it get a shovel and meet whoever is in charge and make a suggestion to improve it…

bmiddaugh

I have to sorta disagree with that whole ideaology of ,”if you don’t like it, grab a shovel and fix it”.

We should always remember that we are PAYING to do this.
    Be respectful and bring problems to the attention of those who can fix them, like the T.O.’s.

RaidenHayden

Actually Brett I diagree with you on this, bring it to the TO, and then ask if you can help, and go fix it

RaidenHayden

And I gotta say,I don’t think Les knew till probably this thread, cause when I went to the old track, nothing to lippy, but yet you could get air, perfect mix. Always a fun track to ride

BIGANT-DOG

I geuss i will be getting there early to get a feel for the track.

Flattire

Lippy you have to be kidding me.

@bmxmom156 wrote:

if you dont like it get a shovel and meet whoever is in charge and make a suggestion to improve it…

What is this, the Sopranos?
    Remind me to be nice to you 🙂

RaidenHayden

She didn’t have her coffee

bmiddaugh

Well…
    if you are holding a shovel and asking for improvements…
    If I was T.O….
    I’d get my ass improving, LOL!!!

bmxer901

So far every time ive either went to the eht track to talk to people or to just check on it when I drive by after work ive either heard that someone has had to gone to the hospital or ive had to call for a medic. Out of what i have heard my riders count for haveing to go to the hospital is 23. and thats just since the rebuild. The rebuild is great but it just needs to be toned down alittle bit. its alittle to extreme considering its an open track. This is starting to scare alot of people that want to come into the sport.

bmiddaugh

Instead of focusing energy on that which we do not like.

Perhaps we should begin to focus energy on that which we do.

bmxer

23 riders have gone to the hospital?????? That’s odd because when I was there w/ my 10 year old and several other younger children were there also…including a four year old racer….I did not see one injury!

RaidenHayden

Chris, I thought that sounded odd too!!! Because any municipality would have called the TO (Les), and said “hey we have a problem”, and I’m sure it would have been fixed as not to jeopordize the track. That ofr it would be closed by now

The Track is fine, there were some experienced riders there giving input on the layout and helping out along with a few fathers of smaller riders. All ages and skill levels were taken in to consideration with the layout, I helped a few days and there were many discussions while i was there as to the different ages and skill levels. There is nothing on the track that you will not see on other tracks. In fact the day we finished the 1st straight we had a local racer mayber around 5- 6 years old having no problem with the first straight. If things need to be tweaked then I am sure they will be tweaked over time. I stopped by the track Sunday afternoon and there were at least 3 over 30 cruiser riders out there enjoying themselves, some locals in their teens jumping the doubles and many smaller younger riders having no problems maneuvering around the track. Give the track a chance before you bash it, there hasn’t even been a single race held on it yet. Its a fun track, ride it and enjoy it!

bmiddaugh

Instead of complaining about current tracks.

It’s time to build new ones.
    And who cares if they are sanctioned or not, kids…riders need places..
    to ride.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.