Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill speed seminar log.

• This topic has 16 voices and 147 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    CrazyCraig

Raced last night in the furnace fest @ EHT (Janeen coined that one), today will be recovery ride and such, back on sprints tomorrow. With the heat I will definitely shoot for an AM workout. Wanna be strong at Trumbull so we can rumble!!

bmiddaugh

Furnace Fest
    Rumble at Trumbull….
    man, seems like all the best marketing people are here as well.
    Can we break off from the nbl and do our own thing?

CrazyCraig

I have been out to do sprints several times this past week, mostly at night. I can also do three sets of 10 Vert leaps without feeling like I gotta hurl. I did those twice this last week. Time to step those up.

I raced EHT tonight. Had to chase an 18x all night and didn’t relax just cause there were only two 35+ Novs. It made for some good training as I only rode class tonight. Afterwards I did 4 pump laps. I am starting to manual without trying over some jumps, and had fun stylin the second straight. I’m finally feeling much more comfortable on the 20″. The only problem is when I get on the cruiser it feels like a bus after all the work on the 20″.

recovery ride tomorrow, some sprints Thursday and then off to Trumbull for the weekend. I will only race 20 there as well, I have my 5 nats in on cruiser.

GregHill

I figured I would jump in and add to this list:

Yesterday I did verticle leap jumps..

set 1 = 45lbs dumbbells just did 10 squats (no jump) for warm up.

sets 2-5 = 45lbs dumbbells 20 reps each with 4 minutes rest between sets.

Legs are coming back to life…

GH

LeadSled1

Still training. I have moved to 50 sprints every other day with 4 X 25 leaps on the alternating days.

CrazyCraig

@GregHill wrote:

I figured I would jump in and add to this list:

Yesterday I did verticle leap jumps..

set 1 = 45lbs dumbbells just did 10 squats (no jump) for warm up.

sets 2-5 = 45lbs dumbbells 20 reps each with 4 minutes rest between sets.

Legs are coming back to life…

GH

4 sets of 20 with 45lb dumbbells?? 😯 Boy, I got a loooong way to go!!

FYI: I didn’t ride ANY bike for 10 years, and back racing for the first time after 16 years. Greg, your seminar / clinic definitely has made a HUGE difference, and Richie Rich has been coaching me the last few weeks. No, he has not advised shaving, but he has me working hard!

I turn 39 next week and since January went from 256 to 230 while dropping 4 inches off my waist. After the clinic my overall weight has not changed but I have been putting on muscle from the work. I need to step it up with the goal being to get closer to 200.

s4lnj

hmmm— i’ve been away from the computer for a little while and kinda lost track of what went down latelly– here’s what i know–

sunday– 5 pump laps- 2 min rest bewteen
    about 45 minutes of skill work
    followed by 2 more pump laps

monday– ab work
    three sets of verticle leaps– 15 per set

tuesday– some skilll work

wed — took off

today thursday– will probablly do some more skill work

you may have noticed no sprints– my need for more bike skills and better handling FAR outweighs my need to be any faster. not saying that i’m the fastes guy out there– but i’m average speed wise and below average skill wise

CrazyCraig

Dave, I have been using the races to work on my skills. You learn a lot when you are chasing a guy 20 years younger than you! (18x’ers)

Keep doing those pump laps. What I am finding as I do more pump laps is its getting harder to keep the bike down over certain parts of EHT and its forcing me to learn manuals. I actually manualled the jump coming out of turn two very smoothly one time Tuesday night without trying. For me this a major advancement. I only rolled/pumped it in one moto and manualled the other two times.

Still, sprints wouldn’t be a bad thing. Being faster can make up for the lack of some skills. Keep up the good work!

CrazyCraig

Just felt the need to publically thank Rich Carolan who has been helping me set up my training and then reviewing the progress. I have not always stuck perfectly to plan (usually due to family time conflicts) but were getting there slowly but surely.

I raced Trumbull this past weekend but only on 20″. For the first time at a big race I went total ballzout every moto because I was not concerned with saving it for cruiser. All the sprints & pump laps paid off cause I pulled 1-2-2-2 and 2-1-1-1 this weekend. Every moto was all out, no easy ones or free-passes. A couple even came down to the finish line and yet I was never “gassed” after any motos. I was able to recover and go back fresh every moto and go ballzout again.

Thanks Rich!

rider1

Craig,thank you,keep up the good work.

Rich

s4lnj

i have no clue what i’m doing— i know i raced sunday— felt slow– but better on the skill end, not where i want to be yet, but better— been soooo busy with work and such i can’t remember what i have been doing training wise– but i have been making a real effort to do something every day– my dad used to yell at me “do something, even if its wrong, just do somthing ya bum”–

after the state race i’m actually cutting my season short as i need the extra time to get ready for child #2 coming soon– -and i will be sitting down and creating a workout schedule on paper — this way i have a little more structure to my training—

so watch out next season fools!!!!!

CWCCRIDER

Great job keeping your head on straight!!! It’s hard enough with work and family, no time left for training/ riding
    Do what you can when you can and keep looking forward to next year

RFarside

Ok I thought I would bring this back up to see how many of you have stuck with your program? Did you meet your goals you set for yourself? I know I came close but that isn’t good enough for me. That is why I made up my mind that I will race the National scene one more year. I will chalk this year up to my first full year back and now I know what has to be done.

For me I have had some great results from what Greg had me doing. I stayed with my program up until the Connecticut National. I rode all year with out a crash until Connecticut. That was a big set back for me and I didn’t know what to do. I talked to Greg and we changed a couple of things that made it possible for me to race at the Grand’s. If it wasn’t for Greg I would have never been able to do as good as I had. I will say this that after the Grand’s it took me 2 weeks till I could walk around with out too much pain.

This past week I called him again and we set up a new program for the 07 season. I am starting my training early this year because I want to hit the ABA Grand’s. So I am back in the gym and on my bikes.

I think it would be good to get Greg to come back at the beginning of our season to do another clinic. There are a couple of ideas he ran by me that we could do. What I would like to see is how many of you want to step it up for the 07 season?

Macdaddy

I wanted to wait until after the redline cup but… We would like to thank greg. Right after the clinic zach wrote down his goal, to make the main at the grands and win the redline cup. well he went 4th in the main and ended up 3 overall. I’ll let you know how he does on the 2nd part of his goal next week.

Thanks again Greg, we hope to see you next year as an expert.

s4lnj

i have stayed up with my training– but without much orginization as you might tell by my last post– but i have talked to Rich Carolin (sp)a couple of times and he has helped my try to figure some things out as far as setting up an “actual” program. so as of today i have finished my second week of orginized 07 training. looking fowrward to staying on pace and being a friggin rocket ship next season.

i’m in for greg coming again, me and rich farside had talked about this a couple of times before he got hurt, and i think it’s a good idea. and i will be getting in touch with rich farside pretty soon about hitting the track here and there since we live fairlly close to each other.

i would like to thank greg for coming out, farside for getting him to come , and Rich Carolin for helping give me some dirrection.

good luck to everyone next season— i know it’s far off, but i can’t wait till the jack frost race!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.