Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill speed seminar log.

• This topic has 16 voices and 147 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    rider1

Craig, you have to recover on Wensday again,like 40 mins. 60 to 70 rpm. Nothing on Thursday, practice Friday,race the weekend.

Rich

CrazyCraig

I will probably only race Saturday at New Paltz.

So, when you say “practice” on Friday, can you be more specific?

Thanks for the help!!

PS: I’ll be at EHT again Tuesday, so let me know what Sunday & Monday should look like, and what I should focus on Tuesday if I get to the track early enough.

Thanks again.

rider1

Friday practice at the regional. Then race on Saturday. When you have a week with no nationals then we will get your sprints together. You have plenty of time before the grands. Oh if you are not racing on Sunday,then do some recovery then. Really easy, then start sprints next week.

Rich

CrazyCraig

My only challenge is getting there on Friday, but I am going to look into how early practice will start, maybe take off early from work, go up there, practice, and then come back home. I know it sounds crazy, but this is what I might have to do (family).

If I can go Friday and stay, should I just practice, or should I try to race also?

I plan on racing cruiser and class.

My office# is 201-221-0146 if you have two minutes to discuss.

Thanks!!

CrazyCraig

got my recovery ride in yesterday, plus a 15 minute chair massage and a visit to my chiropractor. Feeling good today, except the hammys are a little sore from the 4 (yes, only 4) pump laps I did after the races Tuesday.

On Rich’s advice, resting today, but will get in some ab work, he said thats okay as long as I dont over do it. I think I can get to New Paltz for practice tomorrow, come back, and then head up Saturday to race (track is only 75 miles from my house – EHT is 135, so this is no big deal)

LeadSled1

Sore as hell. Ate poop in the rhythm section at Bensalem. Ice last night and tonight. Hopefully good for the weekend and then flying out Sunday for Brazil.

CWCCRIDER

Good luck sled ( time to get the lead out ) keep us all posted and don’t forget to have fun!!! 😀 😀

CrazyCraig

Twenty 50yd sprints last night. #11 kicked my butt. I got back on it with #12, but then the last three were tough. First time I did 50 yarders.

With family issues, work, AND racing Tues & Sat., keeping a training schedule has been tough, but Richie Rich is helping me get it back on track. We have set some goals for two big races (Trumbull & the Grands), so we are going to incorporate the locals into the schedule. Pump laps & gates will be priority on Tuesday nights.

Twenty 75 Yarders are on the schedule for today, not to mention the vert leaps!

tuffneck

nice very nice!!!! 😆

RFarside

@CrazyCraig wrote:

Twenty 75 Yarders are on the schedule for today

Graig this is BMX man. Where in the world are you going to find a track that has a 75 yard first straight?

CrazyCraig

Just doing what my coach told me!

Tomorrow he has me doing rolling 100’s!

Next he’ll be telling me to shave!!

rider1

Your not going to find a track with a 75 yard first straight. But you have to have the fitness to make it around the whole track. A 75 yard sprint is like going almost to the second turn at most tracks. In Craigs case,he needs to do some longer sprints to build both some fitnes but also leg speed. He will also do some shorter sprints to improve his first straight.

Rich

s4lnj

i’m a bum— work has been kicking my but— just a little skill work this week— but i’ll be getting down to the track tomorrow

bmiddaugh

Hardcore:
    Definition~
    Working ones ass off all day at a job but still making time to get out and do some riding. Whether it is training, jumping curbs or just getting to the track once a week.

No bums here… 😉

s4lnj

ok sunday— down the track for some pump laps and skill work

monday– verticle leaps, some ab work and wieght training

tues — between the heat and a hard day at work in the heat, i substituted my sprints for some street riding—

today wed— i will be hitting the track for some more pump laps

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.