Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Greg Hill speed seminar log.

• This topic has 16 voices and 147 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    s4lnj

yesterday–wed–15 verticle leaps at work– later at night— 3 sets of 15

today — friday— work from 7 am to 9:30 pm— no training

rider1

Dont forget the recovery rides.

LeadSled1

All I can say is that I am completely amazed at how this has worked for me.

I went to Athens TN this weekend for the ABA national. It looked like I wouldn’t have a class. Well moto post time on Saturday showed that guys flew in from all over the place. The track was long and fast with an uphill first straight then went downhill after the first corner. Two of the three guys who beat me just back at the Atlanta national were there. Hubert Jackson showed up, he is in the running for the National #1 am Cruiser title and seems to be unstopable. I gave him a good run on Saturday from gate 8. I got stuck outside in last into the first corner, passed everyone and was next to him on the last two straights. He got away from me on the last jump as I bobbled. Sunday he shows up on clips (he was on flats Saturday) and I was on him in the main but had some battling to get past guys in order to get near him. 2nd both days and I am super happy about it. The two guys that beat me in Atlanta? I smoked them. I had track speed that I could use to just blow by guys without having to worry about it and then be able to pull Jackson to get next to him was awesome.

This puts me right up in the middle of the NAG race with only 6 races. 4-4-2-2-2-2.

THANKS GREG!!!!!

CrazyCraig

Awesome Jess. Not sure if I want to move up after hearing that. 😀

I will admit I fell off the wagon a little last week. I ended up going to SouthPark and not Woodbridge (had to move my schedule around) and got slammed in the main, tweaked the shoulder. I used this as an excuse to do almost nothing last week, and even put some weight on (no joke).

I have had some trouble staying on a schedule. Partly due to work and the last 3 weeks due to a health situation with my father-in-law, but I have still kept going as best as I can. I raced Saturday at Flemington, and when I got home I did 20 short sprints. With the tweaked shouler, I had to go easy on the gate. I did notice I had gotten back to going too hard out of the gate (why else was I snapping everyone at SouthPark but getting pulled down the straight?) so the tweaked shoulder kind of helped “slow” me down, if that makes sense.

I took a good recovery ride on my mountain bike yesterday (a rather old Stumpjumper with no shocks, no clips, etc.) and a short one today. Also did 3×12 vertical leaps this morning, but need to rest cause I am racing tomorrow at EHT. I will almost use tomorrow like a practice night and work on gates, etc to prepare for state qualifiers later in the week.

s4lnj

man what a difference a couple of days makes— tough days friday and saturday with no training– sunday when i went to train i felt like crap—

sunday— verticle leaps 20-15-5… right calf knotted up ending my session short–

tonight monday— 25 sprints—

way to go Jess— remember to shut the door on those passes!!!!

LeadSled1

I didn’t just shut it, I slammed it on Sunday. BMXTV direct did some video so I might be able to post it up. Had the outside pedal low and as soon as I took the line I squared the corner and checked out.

I changed up the routine a little. I am now getting up at 4:30 and sprinting for an hour in the morning. I started this morning and stopped counting at 50, just to make sure I can get at least that amount in. I did it with plenty of time left over to continue.

Although we all have large land lots here the one far off neighbors dogs did not like me zooming up and down the driveway. I hope the stop barking at 4:30am, I can’t hear it with the helmet on but I don’t want to get shot with rocksalt either.

I have not been stretching at all (bad on me) so this will leave me time to do this after work each day and still spend time with the family as I can stretch in the livingroom. Plus I can do a recovery ride in the afternoon now too.

CrazyCraig

4:30??? Up with the chickens, huh?

I need to start doing the same. My goal is to do sprints at 6am. In my neighborhood, I’ll just have to dodge the early morning commuters.

LeadSled1

I’ll just have to dodge the early morning commuters.

BONUS! 😆

LeadSled1

Cut my foot pretty good Tuesday evening (walking barefoot in the garage) so I skipped Wednesday morning sprints and shot for Wednesday evening vert jumps. Decided to do them with 3lbs jogging dumbells. Went to do 4 X 25 but in the 4th set I had muscle failure on the 17th rep. I ended up tweaking the right knee, something directly on the backside center of the knee so I will be taking it easy tonight. Maybe a stationary light recovery ride.

CrazyCraig

easy Jess! I know you want to start taking some firsts, they will come!! Dont kill yerself trying to get there. 😀

s4lnj

tuesday— 5 pump laps-2 min recovery between, some track time then raced

wed– recovery ride- ab roller

thursday friday– nothing–

saturday and sunday– state races

LeadSled1

Yeah Craig, I took it easy on Friday and Saturday between the storms and the knee acting up again. I did 50 sprints yesterday. It was the first time JD has done all of them with me. He usually doesn’t get past 12 before taking off and hitting his ramps. It was fun having him ride the whole time. I’ll probably hit 50 tonight and then drop back to 30 tomorrow to get ready for the weekend ABA national in Bensalem and then Brazil.

CrazyCraig

Raced the State Qualifier on Saturday. Sunday was just plain recovery, for some reason I was pretty sore. Today, 30 min recovery ride and 2 sets of 20 sit-ups cause I’m racing tomorrow.

Rich C. told me on this kind of schedule, after racing tomorrow (Tues @ EHT), then Wed is recovery ride, Thursday sprints, then recovery & rest on Friday. I am looking to possibly hit the Regional in New Paltz on Saturday, maybe Friday night, we’ll see. It is coming together little by little.

LeadSled1

Did my 30 this morning and that will be that last of them. Practice at Bensalem tomorrow night and then racing for the weekend before flying to the UCIs.

Craig, good luck in New Paltz if you go.

s4lnj

raced sat and sunday—
    monday night— some interval training and ab roller
    tonight–tuesday– verticle leaps

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.