Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events Greetings from Kentucky!!

• This topic has 20 voices and 166 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

woodward.. SKATEPARK.. the hell with the bmx track.. haha

LeadSled1

Hey Craig, if you go to Woodward and race Novice this is exactly where those points and the skills you could have picked up there are going:

Woodward was my first NBL race back. You need to hit the races immediately after the Grands as hard as you can. Trust me, if not you will be wishing you did come next April.

RFarside

I can 2nd that.

4130forlife

we should ease up on him.. hell move when he wants to.. but he KNOWS nov is not the place for him

RFarside

They are offering a $250.00 reward if you turn in anyone you know who was sandbagging at the Grands.

I just got a check for $250.00 for turning a guy in the 35 novice class in.

Legend do you know how many PBR you could buy with that?

bmiddaugh

Who’s commisioner of that task force? Upshaws dad?

CWCCRIDER

WOW that is some good work there Rich 😆

RaidenHayden

Who’d ya nail Rich??? And when can I get mine!!!

paulc

The plot thickens:

Quote: Yeah, I turned up at the end of ’89 when they announced the new Superclass, but I didn’t hang long enough to hit any ABA races as an A Pro. Wish I had.

Pro to Novice, makes sense?

CrazyCraig

Paul,

In 1989 I was 22yrs old, had a 33″ waist, weighed 193 pounds and late ’88 is when I finally started getting mad skills. Ask Frank Young, I did not have mad skills in 1985, just determination and a good gate start.

Now I am 39, 38″ waist, 229 pounds and the skills are slowly finding their way back. But remember, in Jan of this year I was 256 with a 42″ waist and huffed & puffed around EHT at the Jack Frost. I got a wife, two kids, and a career. I did not even ride a bike for 10+ years prior to 2006 (unless you count a few trips around the block on the cruiser in 2005).

So, I really do not feel it is fair to compare. Yes, I ran Superclass after the State Championship in 1989 after a #3 State Plate, but that was then this is now, and I got enough busted up body parts this year to validate my novice classification.

But don’t worry, I’ll be up in Expert soon enough.

And for what its worth guys, I really appreciate all the “congratulations” I am getting for taking this as far as I did this year. Unlike alot of the guys at the Nats, I did not sandbag. I got on a 20″ in June and almost have my move-up points in less than 3 months. How did some of those guys “race” since last September and not get 20 move-ups even though several of them came in with 800+ points? I know Kent Gordy is one of the exceptions, he rode cruiser all year and built the 20″ just a couple of months ago, but what about the rest? For crying out loud, give me some freaking props here.

The only guy that truly beat me the whole weekend at the Grands was Rodney Rice. I beat everyone else in the top 20 and kept several of them out of the show on Sunday. Yes, this probably validates the fact that I need to move up to improve my game now, but it also shows you where true sandbaggin will get ya in the long run. I think Gordy and me did as well as we did because of our late mad charge to the Grands, where alot of the others had to coast so they didn’t move up to expert. Well, at least that is my opinion.

imwatchin

@CrazyCraig wrote:

I got on a 20″ in June and almost have my move-up points in less than 3 months.

Now you are going to brag about it. This is what every person on here is trying to tell you. But I guess you just don’t get it.

CrazyCraig

I’m not braggin about it. Yes, I DO get what everyone is saying.

Its one thing when you are a 14yr old movin up and being 39 and coming back. Different set of priorities.

I’m just trying to point out that I have not sandbagged my way to where I am at in the standings, etc. I worked my butt off to qualify for the state champ race, the Grands and now the Regional Championship coming up. In other words, I know whether I turn up voluntarily or not, I’m gonna be expert soon enough. I want to be expert. If not, I would have sandbagged. But its MY decision, nobody elses.

But, y’all seem to think you know whats best for me, when its me out there on the track, not you. I am playing by the rules and have never held back in a race, I race hard and to win everytime. But y’all seem to think its okay to rip me about it instead of maybe saying “hey, wow, Craig’s doing all right for an out-of-shape desk jockey coming back into a sport he hadn’t participated in for almost 17 years”. Yes, to many of you, if I have done what I have done in a relatively short period of time, then yes, that validates what everyone is saying. It tells me when I make the decision to turn expert, that I can feel confident in my ability to compete and learn at the next level.

But c’mon guys, I gotta believe we all have waaaay more important stuff to worry about in our lives than debating if Craig should turn expert. Sheesh!

bmiddaugh

It’s ruthless out here…
    I dunno, I think someone else said it here, but if people didn’t like ya, they wouldn’t even care about saying anything to ya.
    (plus isn’t it more fun now that we have some controversy like the old days?)
    Really, can everyone lay off, ’cause I don’t need another guy beating me out here, jeesh!

RaidenHayden

WOW, can I go back to rookie for a year cause of my back, or at least novice!!!!!!! Craig, at one of the schools I went to you WOULD be ringing the bell

CrazyCraig

Yeah, I know its mostly fun, and it makes for good talk at the track, and we need some of that. People love soap opera, right?

35X is gonna be fun for sure. 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 168 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.