Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used Why THe NBL and NJ BMX need to Evolve.

• This topic has 11 voices and 54 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Anonomys

First since many people see my comments as putting things or people down. Please NOTE: That is not the way this is meant to be taken. In my opinion and this is my opinion the WORDS “EVOLVE ” or dissappear is what is going to happen… The sport needs a boost and to be honest with you the NBL or shall I say BMX in general missed tha band wagon. Does that mean that there is no HOPE for BMX .. NO…. Its a great sport with strong roots but BMX missed the wave with the emergence of the X games generation. Bob tedesco a great man and a freind of mine did what he could but he didn’t want to pass the torch on. He enlisted many good crew members and many questionable members to his team. He did what he could to revive it but in some cases it was too late. BMX in the OLYMPICS is key. But and mark my words but without propper marketing going into the olympics the next few years .. IT will only be a one time event… if BMX had been done right and who knows who could of done it …..BMX should of been on Saturday morning TV and could of been HANDS down been there….. Could you imagine the spike if it was seen on TV. Look at Supercross. You ask anyone I man anyone about supercross and most willknow what you are talking about because they saw it on TV…. BMX was marketed wrong and people should take note of that going forward. Let us not make the mistakes twice… Can anyone say OUTSIDE CORPORATE SPONSORS. Yes it could be done. All it takes is one “homerun” and rest will follow. Corporate America has a trend and if you watch it you will see that they follow in SYNC. If one does it others will. So lets see someone get in there and do it already. Mgooo had the right Idea I remember talking to him a few years back at the Downhill X games. He had the insight to see what was going to make it. For gods sake look at the X GAmes. BMX should of been in there but it wasn’t marketed right. We need to get the new breed of riders involved. I mean the riders who have been in the sport to get more involved on both the National Level and the local level and the local members of the State need to “listen” to the riders. Not pull this POWER PLAY. Look the Volunteers that make up the NJ local tracks are exactly that Volunteers that want to make it better for the kids. Well without solid direction what are they going to accomplish. Volunteers and moms and dads don’t be afraid to ask questions. Without guidance what are they going to design a killer track . Heck no. What would I like to see. I would like to see NJ get back on the MAP. We were a BMX powerhouse back in the day. Top THree President CUPS ect.. We still have some studs and solid girls making our state look well. Heck look at Delizia. But note he started back in the DAY.. If the state would lighten up some of the parameters other major riders that stay dormant would be more involved…. The point is this if NJ doesn’t evolve than NJ BMX will have issues going forward. Somebody needs to put the foot forward and ALLOW change man. because if it doesn’t than we are all to BLAME….

NJ could and should have one of the best BMX programs in the country. With the Strong older riders and the true Volunteers this state has. There is no reason we couldn’t be a major player in the game..

Someone Spread the word not to be afraid of change. Its good…

BIGANT-DOG

So are you down with the idea of usall getting together, You are welcome to come on down whoever????? you are.You seem to have alot of knowledge. Although i never raced bitd, i followed what was going on. And nj was a powerhouse. I remember a certain rider who was a buddy of mine SCOTT DAVIS from north plainfield. He was the reason i fell in love with bmx.rode for cyclecraft, was fielding offers from hutch i think,but got hurt. Now he isa cop in union. Might try and look him up.

WITHOUT EVOLUTION THERE CAN BE NO FUTURE

matchsprint

NJ bmx does not want help from people who know. That is the reality. For those of you that don’t know, I offered to rebuild one of the tracks at my own expense. The amount I offered was $5000. This track is having a work day on Saturday, nobody called me. I guess nobody wants my help. Maybe they think I am going to try to take over. I am not. I just want to ride a national caliber track. Also for those of you who don’t know me, I have raced for 25 years. Believe me, I know how to make a track that is both fun and safe. I get really upset when I read about how things need to change, they never will. NEVER! Even though the tracks suck I will still race on occasion. I love BMX, I love New Jersey, and I am glad I moved back. But I will miss the tracks in California. Somehow, they can get it right! That being said, I will never offer my help again. Never. I will never write, talk, or say anything about this subject again. I have raced in NJ since 1981, its sad to see something I love fall apart.

Anonymous

And they say I have a bad attitude…………………………

CrazyCraig

Rich – if you don’t mind me saying – I know you of all people have a forgiving spirit – so don’t give up on us yet!!!

I don’t know how you made your offer to help – but we just have to knock on enough doors and find the right people to speak to. But – if HCBMX is worried that you want to take over – then lets use the money to fix the monster at CJBMX. 😀

Honest Rich – there is a lot to do here in NJ – and we need ya – don’t give up on us.

Anonomys

In Reference to Crazy Craig……. I used to race you in the day. Many a Main Event. Nice to see yu return to BMX…

Rich – if you don’t mind me saying – I know you of all people have a forgiving spirit – so don’t give up on us yet!!!

I don’t know how you made your offer to help – but we just have to knock on enough doors and find the right people to speak to. But – if HCBMX is worried that you want to take over – then lets use the money to fix the monster at CJBMX.

Honest Rich – there is a lot to do here in NJ – and we need ya – don’t give up on us.

I will personally talk to Rich if he decides to smoke the CRACK pipe about throwing any money Howell’s Way. Sorry about that… Craig.. Rich you are the man and you know that But it all rolls down to the same problem I stated above the people involved in this sport need to listen to the riders and I know you wanted to just give them the money and add your personal expertise and knowledge to make the Flemington track better. Basically bring it into the 2000’s. I am totally right when I say the track layout hasn’ changed at all with the exception of the last straight away that even the best riders in the country are tired by the time they get there.. In any event again people all think they no more than the other in this state when in reality we should all work together and lose the GOD complex. In my opinion Flemington should of took your money in open arms and made the track national caliber. It would only make us all better. Draw more riders because the track is good which in turn makes the track a little cash. Improves the reputation and makes the NBL money…. Man you are a generous person and just because they don’t want your help know that your thoughts and intentions are truly admired if no one else will say it I WILL. Thanks you for the generous offer and its a shame they didn’t jump on it. AGAIN another example of not listening to the riders.

Craig I have been doing this for over 25 years and I didn’t quit… knocking on doors won’t help brother. You are correct in your thinking but. It won’t..

Rich man lets catch up and have a beer brother… Thanks again for the generosity… I personally am glad to see you back in NJ.

Craig good to see you back….

RaidenHayden

Rich
    It’s easy to go to the track and critisize, you wanted to donate money, and unfortunately for a few reasons it didn’t work out, however, if the track is sooooooooo miserable, please don’t come. We have volunteers that put alot of time into this track, I guess their time is nothing. We have 20 moto’s of kids that come there again I guess they are nothing. But you , must be the most important thing there is. I’ll take all of them over YOU

Anonomys

Man Hayden you have some set of NUTS. He wasn’t critisizing you at all or the Volunteers. Are you reading the same posting.. Yeah its really easy to critisize the track but for you who raced ABA for hmm until a few years back then decide to come join back to the NJ side of things should really re-consider throwing daggers.. You raced all PA tracks until up to a few years ago. I don’t think he said the tracks are so miserable… What he is saying is that he wants to make them better and if you who was a ABA track builder don’t think Flemington needs to change then I don’t know what. Maybe you would have 40 moto’s if you made the track better. You know it. Again . NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE VOLUNTEERS. IS that all you guys know how to do is say we are putting down the Volunteers. AGAIN WITHOUT VOLUNTEERS THE SPORT WOULD DIE.. PERIOD.. All he was saying is that he offerd and it was declined and now after reading your posting maybe you are one of the people that didn’t want the help. Again all the people in NJ need to work together or this just won’t work at all.

matchsprint

I would like to say a heart felt I am sorry to all those I offened. Bill your right, I have no place to say anything. I am completely in the wrong. I would also like to again say thanks to all the people who make it possible to race in NJ. As always my family and I will continue to support bmx in NJ. One last thing, Bill you have no reason to be hostile twards me. Remember, I was trying to make things better for everybody. Since I am now not welcome at the track, I would also like to wish all the riders good luck and safe racing………

RaidenHayden

Yeah I do, and you don’t know all that went on

RaidenHayden

Rich the last post was a reply to Anonomys. As far as the money, OK donate it to the state and we’ll split it equally. Everybody will be happy then. We will build the track as we see fit, we are not removing turns cause some don’t like it we are not making the track end where some want it to end. Oh yeah all things you wanted. How about give us the money and let me fix the scoring booth for the people that volunteer. I can gett a machine for $350 a day and dirt even cheaper. Again money with no stipulations would be nice.

bmxlegend

i dont know if i told you kids this.. but i LOOOVE this web site…

Anonomys

Hayden. To be honest I have no beef with you. I am sorry if it came off that way.. BUT… You are acting exactly like what the whole BMX organization acts like in this state. With the “supreme ruler syndrome” Let me ask you a good question. Who makes the decesions about Flemington? You or is it Matt Danek? Shouldn’t there be a vote about how the track should be made. Or is this done by a non democratic way. This is the USA.. Come on man I understand where you are coming from but the state has serious issues. Also just to note something.. You did post your comment to RICH .. If you meant me you should of titled it to Anonomys. You can see how that got confused…

Donate it to the state are you kidding me. Seriously. Do you just jump into the state organization like you have been here for years… Come on Split it up equally. He wants to donate it to his HOME TRACK. Where his roots are why can’t Flemington use the money. Also who is this “WE” at Flemington. PLease let me know who they are so I can address them too! Again you harp on the volunteer thing again.. This isn’t about the volunteers. AGAIN for the 4th time you guys offer a great big help to the sport of BMX and Thank you Mr hayden I KNOW YOU VOLUNTEER. This is about making the Sport in NJ better..

Another thing how could you ask for the money with no stipulations. Would you give money to an organization if they told you that you could have no input. Just give me the money. Come on man I know you wouldn’t…

Look I have no clue if you are on the board or not. You were away from NJBMX for many years. Are you now the state commissioner? Or are you the Track Director at Flemington? You are a volunteer that adds input to the state. My point exactly. You should be open to listening to others and not just close the door on them..

Again not being rude just stating my opinion as you have and will continue to do… I don’t mean anything I say in a derrogative manner.

RaidenHayden

Ok anonomys, but we take care of our volunteers. We hasd one come to us, he heard some stuff Rich said one day practicing at the track, and basically said it’s him or me, we chose our own. We are willing to listen to ideas
    Again Rich’s money came with conditions.
    1. stop the track just before the last turn
    2. Then it ws change the last straight so it encroached on county land ( A BIG NO NO)
    After all was said and doen we dicided, we would go it alone, if someone wasnts to give money give it to us and we will build a better track. But please no conditions, and to anyone that wants to help, be there Sat voice your opinion. If Rich wants to donate money let him to the state and they will disburse it accordingly.

CrazyCraig

After reading all these back and forth posts – I think its time for a new track in North Jersey. We’ll call it “Veteran’s BMX Track”. 😉

Seriously – I went to EHT – and all those jumps wore me out and its a haul down there for me. I haven’t been to CJ yet – but everyone has me scared of the monster. Now I hear about the quarry dust and 20 motos at HC.

So I am supposed to just accept this?

I would love it if EHT were closer – and after all I’m reading – it might become my home track – and I have relatives on the way that can babysit the kids – so it kind of works out.

But, there has to be compromise here – Rich wants to invest in his home track – but thinks there should be changes. He raced in California where BMX still thrives – so, DUH! he might just have some good input. But – on the flip side – you are not necessarily gonna change everything right away just because he has the cash. Still – if you are only getting 20 motos there – what is the plan to get more????????????? Something has to give.

So – everyone first please kiss and make up – I want NJ BMX to thrive and grow – and to be honest – if we all have this much angst in our tanks – then we have the energy to effect positive evolution and GROWTH.

Bill – I think ya need to let Rich’s idea’s sink in a little. Poll your regulars – get their input. Whatever it takes. The three tracks we have are all long standing tradition rich tracks that should be pulling more than 20 motos. It may take a few years – but if we invest now – we can re-grow this thing we all love.

Thank you and good night.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.