Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old There will never be another ABA track in Jersey

• This topic has 16 voices and 53 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    bigtimber

What do you mean Brett? I finished #23 last year! Im so glad I didnt finish #24 I cant stand Jeff Gordon. Hes a rainbow warrior like Kamikaze!

Caveman

Yeah, NJ-3 was the shizz, we had a lot of riders. I remember being surprised when I got the year end paper (perhaps 89) and I rose all the way to #2. Me and Weinstetter went for district #1 the next year but we got beat out by all the kids whose parent took them EVERYWHERE. We would show up at a double point race in east jabip, pa and they were already there.

Wouldn’t it be cool if ABA district numbers meant something in NJ again?
    Hmmmmmm.

bmiddaugh

“If”…
    ?

Yeah Dave me and you hit a ton of races, It was 89 or 90. I think the one year i finished PA-#2 and lost just one or two races the whole year lol. Wed race up to 4 times a weekend! Sat morning Deptford, NJ, Saturday night, Cedar, PA. Sunday morning York,PA Sunday afternoon Columbia, MD.

The last track to open was either Mullica Hill (NBL) or Secacus (ABA) both sometime in the early 90s. Over 10 years since a new track opened. Awesome job Hayden!!

4130forlife

me, rob dolecki and pete rimassa opened secaucus in oct of 93

RaidenHayden

ABA top 50 from 82 or 83

CWCCRIDER

I think I’ll get a membership just to get the
    special edition issues of BMXer magazine.

http://www.ababmx.com/index.php?page=default/newsview&newsid=361&search=

Caveman

Bill, you ever get one of those Tyvek jackets for being district top ten around 1990? Still got mine.

RaidenHayden

Yea, I got those sillly jackets, Diane has one or two as well. Best jacket ever, were the ones Matt gave out for HCBMX, for the 2004 season, those are the all time best racing jackets, followed by the 2004 state jackets

CrazyCraig

I don’t know if I have my medals – but I have quite an impressive jacket collection from back then – and even had the Tyvek district jacket. (y’all need to see my pale yellow with green writing NBL State jacket from 1989 – some drum & bugle corp must have cancelled an order!)

Heck – I even have a Wheaties patch for some race or series.

Just wish I save all my old t-shirts from the Nationals.

Dang…memory lane y’all.

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.