Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old THE LIP ON THE FIRST ROLLER 3RD TURN EHT

• This topic has 17 voices and 53 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

THE VOICE OF BMX AND WE WONDER WHY WE CANT GET NEW RIDERS!!

Seperates the men from the Boys Dave?
    I guess BMX Hall of Famer Cash Matthews is a boy since he broke BOTH wrists at the ABAs legendary Rockford track.
    I guess BMX factory superstar of DG and Powerlight fame Kevin Harlow is a boy cause he crashed so hard he broke his back at the ABAs legendary Perris track and just broke his face at another legendary ABA track in central cal.
    I guess Im just a boy since I wont race these ABA tracks. I guess only cowards point out that hard jumps can ruin the fun of racing. I guess I should head Ken Pliskas advice and stop complaining and train more. And if like Ken I crash and split my leg in half with multiple compound fractures, I should suck it up, forget about all my bills and just train more once I can walk again and save up enough money to buy a new car after my current ride gets repossed while I miss months of work.

Man whoever complained about a track or jump being to hard or unsafe should just suck it up. If you rupture a spleen at a race like Mike Franze of Fullerton Bikes did, it just makes you more of a man.

RaidenHayden

Supercross, has seperate tracks for their big events, and am don’t race those tracks, However I think part of the prob is that kids are intimidated, older fathers are scared, so we don’t get new riders to replenish our base. Whenn the room is empty someone please shut out the lights.

Remember guys the tracks weren’t like this back in the day, and they are some of our fondest memories

jaylamoon

would they get any style points….

bmiddaugh

Nice shots..

ridinlow

@GENERALSCOOTER wrote:

THE VOICE OF BMX AND WE WONDER WHY WE CANT GET NEW RIDERS!!

jaylamoon/GENERALSCOOTER/EHT Track Director……

You talk a good game..but you’re both two-faced. I guess we can thank you guys for the great condition that the track is heading in, keep up the good work. Seems your focus is in all the wrong areas.

bmiddaugh

It’s sort of a bummer when people say track conditions stink but don’t help out to make them better.
    EHT is in great shape, I mean the track is in a public park and ridden all the time by local kids, it’s gonna get pretty beat up.

Ya know maybe if everyone who comes here and complains about these tracks did what the guys over at Lumberton did, there would be more places for kids to ride BMX bikes in NJ. Isn’t that what this is all about, giving these kids a place to have fun instead of being stuck in the backwoods, getting high and getting chased by police?

I think we should all show up in Lumberton on the 2nd of June and thank the town rec dept there for being revolutionary in their approach to BMX.

It’s funny how this is titled the lip on the first roller and we’re all giving each other lip….

ridinlow

Brett, we are not talking about a practice track, we are talking about an NBL sanctioned track. There are people that go down to EHT year after year to help, only to be chased away, there has to be a reason that that keeps happening. Also, the track has always been in a public park, however it was never is such bad condition as it is now, maybe the people that are running it are in there for the wrong reasons.

bmiddaugh

… 😯

There are people that go down to EHT year after year to help, only to be chased away, there has to be a reason that that keeps happening.

I keep hearing that, seems weird that anyone would do that.

ridinlow

You can play the “nice guy” on this one Brett, but I think you know what the deal is.

bmiddaugh

sometimes I get tired of…

RaidenHayden

The track is the track, with all the probs down there we should be happy there is one. No matter what the track not all will be happy. The only concern I would have, is that since the rebuild, I hear of all these accidents. WHy they are happening isn’t important. The fact that they could cause the town to not want the track is problematic

CWCCRIDER

I will be very happily there sweeping and riding Thursday morning

I thought we would be talking about CJ’s lips this week They just had the rebuild !!! 😆 😆

bmiddaugh

LOL

This was all from one question, me being new to the sport just asked.. wow I sure want to continue racing and learning after this post maybe a better response would have been ( why are you having trouble with the jump lets meet up I help ya out !! Maybe this is the wrong site for that. Good luck guys !! Again 11 or more riders out at eht some we brought out. EHT is headed in the right direction!!!!! AND MAN YOU GUYS TWIST THINGS AROUND!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.