Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Question for Braddock Racers BITD

• This topic has 16 voices and 48 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Brad_Dalbec

One time as we were staging before a moto, Wayne looks at me serious as a heat attack and points saying “I’m gonna kill you!…Your dead meat!” I couldn’t stop laughing and slammed the gate then chased Wayne down to the finish line yelling “I’m gonna kill YOU dude…don’t even think about stoping!” He did a good job psyching me out and we both had a good laugh as well.

Jim Dempsey AKA Captin Chaos and his red white and blue cape…lol

Kmart

Wayne King is a tough one to forget…..funny dude. His sister Leslie also raced. Her and Anne Gnecco had a good rivalery. Both were BMX Vixens too 😯 ….

If I remeber correctly the Kings had a Construction Company or something….and Me, Wayne and Marlon were killing time between motos throwing various types of candies into the fan blade of the running engine of one of Waynes Pick-Up trucks….Good safe fun.

Later
    Kmart

bmiddaugh

The Gneccos!!!! 😯

Kmart

That’s right it is plural, Anne had an older sister……

bmxlegend

jimmy gnecco is a rockstar now… damian i talked to a few years ago worked for bell atlantic.. i see their cousin joe gnecco and he gives me updates on what they are all doing.. but i am usually to drunk to remember the next day.. haha

robC

i saw jimmy at white castle trails with his son may be 98 then i saw him on mtv a few years later

Kmart

What band is Jimmy G with?

Thanks

bmxlegend

its called “OURS”

maybe google it to see exactly

CrazyCraig

The Gnecco family – 6 kids if I recall – and they had that brown bus that was semi-converted to an RV. No mistaking them at the track.

Okay – another name to throw out there: Who remembers Sal Echel? I would love to know if he kept all his old Pattersons, they would be worth a mint now.

If we get ALL the old timers to show up, we’d start pulling 40-50 motos at a local again. 😉

Kmart

Craig,

Find me a job back east and I’m there!!!!!!

Kmart

bmxlegend

40 or 50 motos of us old guys..we should so have everyone race.. just ONE race day where we have all the old braddock, deptford, shit just anywhere from back then..we need to shows these young guys how its REALLY done..i jmean one foot off in the turns..JUMPING jumps..flat pedals.. open face helmets..hell.. a race where you NEED a bike from the 80’s to race..thatd be a great show for the people at the track for sure

Kmart

As long as someone has 911 on speed dial!!!

I’ll dust off the Cylcle Craft Cruiser and see if I can find my old TNT 20″ and I’ll be good to go. As long as Farside doesn’t show up!

Kmart

xracer264

I remember Sal. Sal, his Mom and I use to go hang out with at the Perrino’s house. I also bought stuff from Sal. Then he became GHP’s Manager. I have to ask Franco if he has heard from him.

Brad_Dalbec

I heard from Sal a while back. He’s a cop for the NYPD last time I heard from him two years ago.

I saw Franco for the first time in 20+ years at the Daytona Supercross in March. He’s doing well…Didn’t get to talk that much, but his wife just had their first son recently. Franco did mention riding for GHP in 85 or 86.

pjtaft

I’m ready for the 80’s race,.. here’s my ride,.. needs new rubber,.. and that’s it.. ! (and $$ to get there!!)

http://www1.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&imageid=741572763&friendID=55571826

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.