Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Question for Braddock Racers BITD

• This topic has 16 voices and 48 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Mike was a few snadwiches short of a picnic, nice enough. As far as “mental” was that Cardone. I raced there 82′ to 83′, and I remember mental on some ones uniform

BrianP

braddock was rideable (if you want to call it that) untill about 7 years ago or so when they fully plowed ALL remaining jumps and berms to make a botanical garden….

RaidenHayden

Brian,
    If you wanna ride dirt, we got jumps in the backyard (trails stuff), plus there’s a few other spots locally. I don’t know if you’ve found them. Let me know.

bmiddaugh

Ken’s pics are up…

CrazyCraig

Scavones!! Yer right Kenny, she did ride for them, I’m pretty sure at least.

Me and some of the guys would ride from Morristown to Scavones in Belleville, on our 20’s! What a haul!

CrazyCraig

RH – Yer a little north of me, but the closest so far, I gotta hook up with you and see those jumps!

dunrite9

Craig
    I whent with you to Scavones, I remember you, using a tire tube to strap a new frame to your back.

dunrite9

Kenny

Sorry, I don’t have a clue who else is in that pic. nice shots a Braddock.
    Is that Gibby chasing you. I last saw Gibby at his Fathers wake about 8 years ago. I’ll try to get in touch with him.

CrazyCraig

Pete – it was a tire tube and a Star Ledger Newspaper bag. Serious. No BS. Whatever worked, right? Those rides to Scavones were a haul. It made the trip to High Gear in Sterling seem like nothing. I keep forgetting that you and I go all the way back to ’83 before I had a license. We did a lotta crazy rides didn’t we? And would you believe earlier tonight I rode my cruiser 10.5 miles to Dover to pick my van up at the dealer? That aint easy on a single speed!

But, on a sadder note, you answered a question Kmart & me had about Gibby. Sorry to hear about his dad.

We got a nice thread about Braddock going here. Lets keep it going.

Hey, here’s one: who remembers the girl that used to participate in the jumping contests at Braddock with us? I think her name was Meredith, right? Black uniform, blonde hair.

bmiddaugh

Meredith Lidstone?

bmiddaugh

I’m gonna bring a couple of my old Braddock papers from bitd to the JF, for us to peruse…
    Oh and on a different note of muzac…thanks to Jimmy Cerullo for giving me the idea to incorporate racing into my zine, just like he did with his little rag 20 some years ago..
    HA, you old fools and you thought us younguns were’nt paying you no attention…hehe…

bmiddaugh

Maybe we should get together and drop in on Jimmy for a surprise visit, ‘course we don’t wanna give the old geezarino a breakdown, lol…
    “oh no!, I thought I got rid of you crazies 20 years ago!!!” hehe

Kmart

Pete,

You got it, that was the my nemesis Gibby #19 at the time in those pics….
    It would be great to have Gibby check in.

Sorry to hear about his father.

Brad_Dalbec

I just came upon the forums here and this thread… better late than never… Braddock was my local track that I raced a couple of times a week when I wasn’t at a national. Most of my NJ teamates were there as well on the off weekends. There were a few other guys like Tommy Ruble, Brad Birdwell and Kurt Esser who also rode for Thruster around that time.

My younger sister Darcee rode for Scovone’s and I worked there after school and during the summer. I’d end up blowing my whole paycheck on goodies every now and then…lol Remember you could get those gift certificates instead of trophies at Braddock? That was such a cool idea…I forgot how much they were worth for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Was it $15, $10 and $5? I loaded up on them and you could use them at almost any bike shop in the area.

Anyone remember Wayne King? He was so funny, he always cracked me up. My sister dated him for several years…he’s a a great guy. Meredith Lidstone was a friend of my sister as well.

Cool thread…brings back lots of good memories.

http://homepage.mac.com/bradd/PhotoAlbum6.html

CrazyCraig

Who can forget Wayne King? When I was a nov he was real cool to me. Once I went Ex – well, that was a different story, but we tried to leave it on the track. Lot of respect for that guy – he could ride.

I got another one for you – who remembers Captain Chaos? I think his name was Jim Dempsey or something like that. Rode for Peddler I think – or Original. In 1989 he showed up at Flemington and he was even kind of on my team the Wrecking Crew for certain races (back before you had to have your teams registered and could throw whoever on a team roster for the day).

He used to wear a cape when he raced, he looked like Captain America, plus he would do the pit bike races – they were always fun to watch.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.