Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Hyper Pro/Am Round 1

• This topic has 15 voices and 39 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    tpbmxtd

The first round of the Hyper Pro/Am has been put in the books and was a success. The racing was fast and competitive with some of the top national riders involved.

We would like to thank the following people for all there help in getting the first round of the Pro/Am off to a great start.

*Dave Kapigan – for his excellent announcing and MCing, everything sounded great.
    *The girls in registration – well kinda self explanitory
    *Scott Cramer – For supporting us and being a great mediator
    *Brett Middaugh – For all his help with the website and for being the offical video/photographer for the open.
    *Everyone behind the scences who helped to get this series off to a running start.

A special thanks goes out to our event sponsors for round 1 – Clay @ Hyper Bicycles, Amber @ Intense BMX, Craig Wilson from GHP/Atomlab Northeast and NJBMX for the holeshot award.

Look for photos/videos and a race report coming soon from Mr. Brett on NewJerseyBMX and on brokenspokes.com.

Rich and I would like to thank all the riders who helped to make the first round a success, because this series is for you. We hope to see everyone for rounds 2 & 3 of the series at Trilogy Park BMX on May 19th & 20th.

bmiddaugh

Look for the update on newjerseybmx.com later this week.

s4lnj

glad to help sweeten the pot while getting some good practice in at the same time!!!

i think that someone lights a firecracker off in farside’s ass on the gate, because he gets some serious momentum in his first few pedals!!!!

dave

bmiddaugh

Everyone who raced will get some props on the site.

bmiddaugh

Vid, point standings, purse total, etc are up now.
    write up on the state race and pics tomorrow.

I also wanted to thank Lee Matos for doing a killer redesign on the site that I have not implemented yet as I haven’t gotten the time to check the thing fullly out with Rich.

But rest assured that when the new state site comes into being, Lee will be involved.

The revolution of racing has begun
    as promised.
    In New Jersey…
    with some help from PA.
    (It had to happen like that, I shoulda known anyhow since my good bud Charlie Huber was from PA)

See you at Trilogy.

4130forlife

i think the price for points only.. 20bux was outrageous..but what do i know.. im only the drunk bmx legend

bmx rules 🙂

CrazyCraig

Dave – I will gladly spend $20 at the next round to go and chase some kids so I can get better. Heck, I need the practice so I can hang with Farside. For pete’s sake – he was pulling everyone except Phil!

My team, GHP Atomlab Northeast, is very happy to be a sponsor of the series and helping contribute to Phill Delizia’s retirement account. 😛

Thankyou to Hyper as the main series sponsor & to Rich Farside and everyone else who got this off the ground!!!

bmiddaugh

I think Dave is referring to the state thing not the pro-am thing.

4130forlife

correct brett

bmiddaugh

There seems to be some confusion on this matter and it will be brought up at the next state meeting. This is also why I continue to call for the minutes being posted on an official njbmx website so people can refer back to things easily.

I think everything will work itself out in time.

sickryder83

40 bucks at a state race is pretty steep. i think there would be a lot more racers if the class fee was lowered if the person was racing open.

bmiddaugh

We feel the exact same way it totally sucks.
    The thing that makes it this way is the nbl rules dictate that you have to race class in order to race open.
    We tried to get around it but the nbl wouldn’t have it.
    These are things that need to brought up and changed at events like competition congress instead of who is the volunteer of the year or how to marshall a turn.
    What will benefit riders and bring more of them out to race. That should be the focus.
    Hey but what do we know we’re just riders….

s4lnj

i talked to two guys that came from ny to race the open, but opted out when they found that they had to race class— that would have put the rider count above 17– allowing payout to the top 8– —

dave

bmxmom156

its $20 for reg class /points only?? i thought it was 15 last yr??

4130forlife

i dont understand why its 20bux for points?? like is it extra work to dostate races or something??? why so much moeny to get nothing in return? is it for number plates that are made ona computer that are flimsy as hell???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.