Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing BMX Events Greetings from Kentucky!!

• This topic has 20 voices and 166 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    paulc

Jess,

That was funny as S–t. I nearly snarfed my coffee.

Quote: Its one thing when you are a 14yr old movin up and being 39 and coming back. Different set of priorities.

Priorites of a 14 year old, gotta get number one plate/be number one.

Priorites of a 39 year old, gotta get number one plate/be number one?

CrazyCraig

C’mon Paul, you know what I am referring to. Remember, I am the only NJ 35+ Nov that went to the Grands this year, and the 35X racing at that level is a whole different ballgame. The priorities I am referring to is making sure I can go to work on Monday to support the wife and kids.

If I was only racing locals, then its a whole different story. Believe me, when I came back this year, I had no expectations of doing well at all. I was just happy to be back on a bike. But, I got “hooked” again, and since I do not know what activities my 5-1/2yr old son will be involved in next year, I went for it as best as I could. I hope he gets into BMX, but right now he is not leaning that way. My 2-1/2yr old daughter seems to be more into racing than he is.

Now, do y’all want a really good laugh?

I emailed the NBL for a move-up points audit to see just how close I am to the 20 points, but not that I feel I have to wait for that. You know what they said? I only have 5 move-up points from locals, none from the Nats or Regionals.

I went 2-4-1 and won the main at Howell and went 2-1-1 and won the main at Trumbull, and they say I get ZERO move-ups for that. WTF?

I should at least have 9 move-ups (2pts for 1st at a Nat with at least 2 other 35 Novs in the main), but thought I had more than that from locals, but not by how they score it. I guess you have to “perfect” at a Nat to get a move-up?????

And we wonder how Rookies and Novs stay there FOR-EVER. Now we know. The freakin NBL allows them too VERY easily.

Don’t worry, I am not going to wait until I have 20 move-ups.

bmiddaugh

THAT is an interesting post.
    Makes ya wonder about the nbl….and whether they encourage it or not….
    or are just too lost to even be able to figure it out…

RaidenHayden

Ok, I have it figured out!!!! If you have 4 move up points, on a summer day in the middle of a snow storm, with a herd of zebra, and one pink polka dotted elaphant, funning across the track, YOU ARE AN EXPERT!!!!! See that is all you have to do

CWCCRIDER

@CrazyCraig wrote:

I do not know what activities my 5-1/2yr old son will be involved in next year, I went for it as best as I could. I hope he gets into BMX, but right now he is not leaning that way. My 2-1/2yr old daughter seems to be more into racing than he is.

Hey I first took my son to the track when he was 5 and he wasn’t all that into it, tried again when he was 7 and he has been on fire ever since. Even with his current losing streak he still love’s it
    He was asked how he did at the grands and after he said he got last (in his motos! ) He said ” But I am going to get them next year ” I was like YEA !!!!

OK dude you can go back to defending yourself 😆 😆 Chris ,cruiser for life

bmiddaugh

This gets more interesting the more I think about it…
    This is obviously because the nbl is operating on decades old techniques to get things done.
    Everyone here has been jumping on Craig’s jock about this move up thing..but now it seems by doing it “sorta” by the rules, he has uncovered a significant flaw in whatever system they use.
    I.E:
    THEY CAN’T KEEP TRACK OF IT.

bmiddaugh

Our secret agents are…
    everywhere…..

CrazyCraig

Like I said in a previous post, I am becoming the live case study, and if nothing else, helping us uncover some interesting poop about move-ups and career rookies, etc.

I decided to email the NBL asking why they are saying I get no move-ups even though my two first place finishes at a Nat and a Regional both qualify by the rules, assuming I am not misinterpreting them.

I will keep you posted. I can’t wait to hear the answer.

LeadSled1

If I was only racing locals, then its a whole different story. Believe me, when I came back this year, I had no expectations of doing well at all.

Looking at your history on the NBL site you have 23 races in. So at least 15 of them were locals.

Never set your skill level by what you can do now at the national level. It should be set by what you could do at the nationals and can do at the locals.

bmiddaugh

Leads right….
    But I think now I actually want to see when the nbl says Craig must move up. Why do they lag so? Is there a computer program in ohio or is this just someone at a desk keeping track of this?
    We keep bitching about sandbagging, but yet haven’t tried to see if the nbl keeps track of this or not…
    I am enthused, sorry…I mean the jokes are still funny and all..(no offense Craig) but we seem to be on to something here..

CrazyCraig

@imwatchin wrote:

Craig make up your mind what side of the fence you want to be on. That’s all.

Lets just say this, I have no intention of being a Novice in 2007. I will not be a career novice. I have not made any other decisions beyond that yet. I have other issues to deal with outside of racing that will impact what I do and when.

bmiddaugh

Duh.
    I just wanted to thank Crazy here for taking the time at the grands to actually come to the computer and post what the heck was going on out there.
    No one else was that comes to the site.
    So yea, you guys are baggin on him, but he was there when the chips was down.
    Thanks.

LeadSled1

Hey, if I was sandbagging in Novice I would have had time to too. Wink

(You didn’t think I was going to let up did you?) Cheese

Hey Craig, Vickers said he is getting back on the bike to show you how to race in the X class. Argh!

CWCCRIDER

If ya can’t beat them JOIN THEM

Hey Greg is this you http://www.break.com/index/handicap_race_cheater.html

😆 😆 😆 😆

CrazyCraig

Hey Jess – Very funny. 😀 Tell Vickers to bring it!

Chris – you have waaaaaay to much time on your hands today. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 168 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.