Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old dirt turns

• This topic has 19 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    TenaciousD

The chandler track pic…..now thats a BMX track.

Oh, and by the way, i agree with RH about not having enough people to help out at the tracks which is a reason to pave the turns, lot less maintenance….but, we have people in this state practically screaming for a chance at helping/running a track.

Im pretty sure that if those people were put in a position to make a difference we would see the tracks get the love they need (hopefully with paved parking lots, and not turns)

RaidenHayden

Another answer is, dirt turns and use that soil tech stuff that hardens up the dirt, so there is less maintenance, and it may be cheaper than paving!!!

TenaciousD

That…..is a VERY good idea.

But if it rains how slick would it be ?

tpbmxtd

@TenaciousD wrote:

…but if it rains how slick would it be ?

Ever try and ride your bike on a frozen pond?

On a turn I wouldn’t suggest riding on it when its wet.

Pinky111

Doesnt matter if it rains. Everyone runs when they see clouds these days. Dirt turns were alot more fun People are scared of anything not “PERFECT” on a track. They scream if theres dust on the bottom of a turn these days. If you ask me the sports been “pussyfied”. No rain racing no dirt turn for Christs sake what happened to the MX in BMX?? I remember racing an Ironman in a downpour no goggles!

RaidenHayden

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Pinky is right, there ain’t no more mudders in BMX

bmiddaugh

I’m just waiting for Greg’s series…

Roosts defined BMX in a lot of ways years ago. I can’t argue with Jim though, it’s just that without having seen 8 guys blast into a turn, get all gnarly, it’s sorta hard to say how cool it is. We start to sound very….stayed in our ways.
    aba runs a lot of nats on dirt turns…

bmxmom1001

Pinky, I love you man but you are so corny. Bmx is not pussified. It just has evolved just like any other sport. I have been around since 1984 and have seen it all. yeah I dont agree with 99.9 percent of the crap but this is life. Why is everyone racing? To have fun right? Yeah I know it is kind of hard to have fun when the nbl and njbmx.org is ripping us off with the price of nationals and state qualifiers but what are we gonna do complain? complaining doesn’t always make things better. It just pisses us off even more because no one is listening to us or cares what we have to say. One thing for sure is the price of races will keep increasing because why? People will keep paying it. And why will they keep paying it? Because they want to be # 1. So they buy it. Now back on topic. I for one see pro’s and con’s for the dirt/paved turns. Yes I like paved turns. And if Bmx is so pussified why are the jumps wayyy bigger then when we were younger? Anyways, Bmx has always been nothing but politics, bull crap and who knows who. I love bmx nevertheless.

TenaciousD

I just noticed that comment you made about my tires Chris above that Motocross pic.. 🙂

See, when i built the bike a few months ago my head was still in 1993…where there was still some dirt left on bmx tracks.

I gotta get a set of those Maxxis Holly Rollers.

With all this pavement on NJ tracks, if we are not careful, we might see a tollbooth pop up in turn 2 at HCBMX, remember…this is NJ. 😯 [/i]

bmiddaugh

If I had a track today it would have dirt turns, just so’s I could do an occasaional roost.
    and yes, dirt is a PIA to take care of.

RaidenHayden

Shhhhhhhhh, don’t tell Corzine about tolls, otherwise we will have them

Pinky111

well BMX mom The skill level has definitley improved since the 80’s, but life is not perfect and neither should a BMX track be. Theres just something thats not right about it. Just look at Trilogy, The track is smoother than the parking lot. Nice, fast, but strange! Its just that alot of these kids havent seen anything but smooth and speed and they are just scared to have to power anything. Is racing faster now? Yes but only because of the equiptment and the tracks. Thats what I mean by pussified. Dont cry if it aint perfect, everybody else has to race on the same track.

Well said Pinky… Trilogy is a beautiful facility, but you might as well concrete the whole thing.

Dirt is for racing, pavement is for parking.

I think you gotta give a little on the turns, cuz I sure as h3ll dont want to be fixing turns every week!

tpbmxtd

@guinnessextreme wrote:

Well said Pinky… Trilogy is a beautiful facility, but you might as well concrete the whole thing.

We are working on that for next year……. 🙄

TenaciousD

So now i gotta get a set of concrete tires too ?? —

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.