Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old dirt turns

• This topic has 19 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

easier to maintain after 15 years, no need for a “bid” to repair them.. just a shovel and a waterhose

sickryder83

paved turns make for better racing. you can make way more moves on pavement then on dirt due to traction. also you would prob have a lot more people falling on the dirt turns. progression

tommydone

dirt turns bring back more skill to the sport,now we just have to get rid of clips and outlaw slingshoting again,and hey dave,sorry about the rant,having a bad day!Its not easy to be this talented and good looking there is alot of pressure to go along with it.

4130forlife

tom.. its all good.. just get on the track and lets see some skillage son

NEP001

today people are fasterso we need paved turns and clips

s4lnj

dirt turns erode– check out egg harbor after a couple days of rain– every jump needs re- grooming– than add the turns in as well??? sorry, but asphalt turns are maint free and make for faster racing.

CWCCRIDER

@NEP001 wrote:

today people are fasterso we need paved turns and clips

faster yes
    but I think it’s more exciting going into a turn side by side in the dirt for sure !!!

TenaciousD

Dirt turns…..don’t get me f***** started.

The only pavement at a track should be for the parking lot.

Since paved turns is “progression”, would everyone showing up in full spandex body suits with aerodynamic shaped helmets on BMX tracks also be classified as progression ? I think not.

At a certain point the MX in BMX starts to disappear.

Take notice of some of these tracks, look how much pavement they are starting to use. It used to be just the turns, now on some tracks there is pavement like 4 feet before and after the turns.

ARRRGH…. JUST KEEP IT DIRT !

CWCCRIDER

TenaciousD

Thats what im talking about….right above…

Pistol Pete and Rupe going for it on dirt with…WHAT ? wait a second….he has a foot off in the turn !!!

OH MY GOD !!!!

thats just sooo wrong….we have to pave that friggen turn right away !

CWCCRIDER

Dan you could mix it up with these guys with the tires your running !!! 😆 😆

RaidenHayden

There is good and bad in both, but things will change and this is one of them. My home track, Cedar, uses dirt turns, and I’m clipped in and I have no porblem making a move, sounds like there are people clipped in that aren’t willing to try a move on dirt. Again, it is much easier too, for a track that has a small amount of volunteers to maintain pavement. So those that don’t want the pave turns, better start putting time in at the local track, cause this is more and more the way

CWCCRIDER

Not dirt but look at the 3 wide action !!

I would love to race this track

RaidenHayden

Damn, the filtering at work won’t let me see the pics Chris

4130forlife

awesome pics .. to bad bmx will NEVER be that rad ever again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.