Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old bmx companies

• This topic has 13 voices and 62 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    bigtimber

I wear my jerseys around. I still get people asking me if I am a motocrosser. I say “Yeah, I race BMX”!

bmiddaugh

E
    v
    o
    l
    u
    t
    i
    o
    n.

Racing has not evolved into something your average 10-15 year old kid wants to be involved in.
    I know who the people are that can turn this around, but if they don’t help get some tracks going, it will not happen.

bigtimber

T
    T

R

A

C

K

S

Are the answer. When they are few and far between people dont know its even being done anymore. People ask me “Do people still do that”? Most of the general public thinks that racing does not exist. But yet we have the informaiton super highway and its not even promoted. Advertisment always works. Do you think NASCAR got to wear it is today without it. Every companiy that advertises with nascar knows sales are goin up. The car companies know that their RACING programs benefit them in sales. DAAAAAAA! Is it that hard. I mean a POLLOCK like myself can figure this out!

BIGANT-DOG

you have to put the word out there to get them to come to the tracks

BIGANT-DOG

wore my hoodie to work today

bmiddaugh

P
    r
    a
    c
    t
    i
    c
    e

f
    u
    n

t
    r
    a
    c
    k
    s

are the real answer, places to get kids to come together and have FUN, like all us old tards do.
    Lumberton is the place to look to, that is what will make this fun again.
    Racing has too many rules for this generation.

So, I …agree with Klimecki..?
    Seriously, we need to stop sitting here and going to town council meetings and inform people on how to “fix” the kids building those jumps in the woods.
    Build them their own places to ride.
    Dirt, nice and soft…

bmiddaugh
    bmiddaugh

http://www.lumbertonenews.com/backissues/113006.htm

I’m putting these links up, more so I can remember to print them out for my use.

BIGANT-DOG

I agree with you on practice tracks, but you can also promote racing at the same time. And i am getting together with the locals around here to get something built in edsion. We discussed this saturday and they are down to help get it built

bmiddaugh

Ant, why don’t you start a post asking for ideas on what to tell people on how a “track” will benefit the youth of a town.
    It would help us out here.

rodney

Money its all about money if there was money we can change whatever we wanted when we wanted…. an area for people to watch ,area for small kids to play, more practice times , clinics , beginner tracks , 0ther events going on at the same time , better people in control , etc endless !!!!! just getting people to the track may not be enough they need to stay and want to come back !!!!!

bmiddaugh

What kind of pull does High Gear have in Stirling Rod?
    They must bring some good $$ into that town.
    Perhaps, Stirling would be receptive to a small area for the kids to ride their bikes in…

bigtimber

Hey guys, I just remembered something the mayor of Mays Landing goes to the church where PATMOS park is located and my dad and I eat at his retaurant once a week? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

rodney

The problem up here is a snotty rich area and the people dont want anything like that around( maybe the freestylers that ruined it ???) and not much kids in the area that ride thats why I look outside the area like supporting shields and flemington track… Road bikes yeah !!!!! Anyone is welcome to come up here and talk to the MAN maybe outside influence would help ?

BMX used to have wayyyyy less Nationals and way more teams. Having run two factory teams its near impossible to field a team. Say you make just 75% of all ABA and NBL races thats like 100 nationals. entry fees alone would be 1.3 million dollars and add hotels and food and your like at 1 trillion. Untill a sanction steps back and runs less nationals or a new sanction is started that features less races its not gonna change.

Also what real incentives are the ABA and NBL giving to teams? Riders can do their share by only buying bikes from compnies that sponsor teams, thats one of the reasons I have a Redline.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.