Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old bmx companies

• This topic has 13 voices and 62 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    rodney

BEAT UP dont make me send the goons out !!!

s4lnj

we need a top pro to get sponsored by a jeans company and a flat only pedal company. then he will look like every othe kid out there riding thier bikes.

rodney

What about motocross they wear the costumes and that seems to be a bit more mainstream pop even the flippers jumpers moto x guys still look the look why do we bmxers have to change or conform to some sort of change to get noticed… I think I got lost in my point

bmiddaugh

Just seems like wearing what moto-x guys wear seems to be a thing of the past, i mean, us freestyle guys started as copying moto-x…and that went away..

s4lnj

nascar is mainstream, but you won’t see anyone walking around in a fireproof jump suit. football is mainstream, yet i never see kids going to school in full pads, jerseys… yes.

racing needs to be more “socialy” acceptable for kids– no kid wants to look like a dork

dave

CrazyCraig

Grass roots? Did someone say grassroots?

Greg Hill is killin’ it in this area. I spoke with him the other day and there are 8-9 new GHP grassroots teams around the country. The deal we have couldn’t be sweeter and we have true factory support at the local level.

bigtimber

yes thats right crazycraig I said grassroots. Im not as dumb as i look am I? Yea!

tpbmxtd

@bigtimber wrote:

Im not as dumb as i look am I?

Well……………naaaaa to easy

bigtimber

Knapper might be! %^$

BIGANT-DOG

Just seems like wearing what moto-x guys wear seems to be a thing of the past, WRONG on this one. I wear my state jersey to work and to the mall. I have had people ask me about it. PROMOTION BABY!!!!!!!!!

bmiddaugh

Ant, do you wear your racing pants to work?

CrazyCraig

Sorry – but I like the protection leathers give ya on the track. And now that the turns are paved, ouch. I cant imagine falling in a turn without full gear on. So yeah – I don’t mind looking like Moto-X guy.

Still – when I walk into a store with my gear on – no one even thinks I am a BMX racer – they automatically assume I am a Moto-X rider of some sort.

But…this sport WAS inspired by Moto-X racing, right? Its still our roots, right? Or have we lost our identity?

I feel so lost right now. Sigh….. 🙄

BIGANT-DOG

Ant, do you wear your racing pants to work?
    ha ha no But when i wear my jersey people ask me what it is about and I tell them, I wear my top 20 jacket and people ask about that also. You have to spread the word anyway you can. Btw I have 2 hoodies which i wear (both top 20 from cjbmx) And once again they see ant dog on the front and ask?. Geez do i have to spell it out foir you P-R-O-M-O-T-I-O-N —

BIGANT-DOG

Still – when I walk into a store with my gear on – no one even thinks I am a BMX racer

had that happen to me too, but i correct em.

BIGANT-DOG

Had some coffee 😀 . You do not have to wear your race gear around town all the time, but wear your state jersey once or twice and see what happens. remember we are trying to promote BMX and we have some tools, so we gotta use em. And we can still do our own thing at the same time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.