Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. What was your first real bike ??

• This topic has 13 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    loudogg666

rodney said explain the feelings you had about your first bikes. the one with the cracked frame was like a death trap, i really thought i was going to die. but the dragonfly was the best one i ever rode, it was amazing. i never had any problems with it at all. i rode that thing with one piece cranks too. i still wish i had that bike. my ride right now is alright, but its been falling apart. i rode that thing without cranks for six months, then i rode it with one pedal for about two months, then it got stolen, and then my wheel blew up, and i just want a new frame. and sorry to hear about your mother.

CrazyCraig

when I got my Goose – I basically thought I was a badass with it, had the best bike on the block, etc. Then I went to my first race at the Jersey City Armory and realized I wasn’t even close!

Still – that bike was my 8th grade grad present. I talked my dad into it. In my family, you were supposed to get a 10speed from Bradlees for graduation. This bike cost more than double, but like I said, I talked my dad into it. How? I reminded him of all the put-together bikes I had and how I was constantly breaking stuff, so this would be an upgrade and much, much more reliable. He bought it (the bike and the b.s.! lol). I don’t think he ever told my mom how much that first one cost (about $200+). She would have had a cow. Eventually she fell in love with the racing, so it didn’t matter.

If my dad only knew where this would lead, I’m not sure he would have done it. I spent just about every penny I had for the next 4yrs on BMX bikes.

4130forlife

haha who spends money on bikes these days???

loudogg666

i still do, if i have any money. i’ve been the poorest flatlander for the longest time.

tommydone

first real bike a REDLINE 500 A,man I remember looking at that thing in every bike shop i went into,stared at it,sat on it,dreamed of owning it.Got it for christmas that year and thought I was the coolest kid in PHILLY,white frame and fork and black and chrome every where else,bought a cool padset and number plate and I was off to the dustbowl.won my first ever moto and got 3rd in the main,looking good with my Haro pants and redline jersey.From then on every Christmas , birthday,etc.was all about BMX.New cranks,wheels,bars,brakes,peddals.You name it every time was something else.What that bike means to me? It is a representation of my youth,reminds me that because of that bike and BMX,I didnt make some of the poor choices other kids in the hood did.half the kids I grew up with are now dead,I am 36 yrs.old.I truly believe that not only BMX but the people in it saved my life from that outcome.Friends I made like the caveman,and(man I hate to admit this)guys I looked up to that treated me well and not like a pest,Craig wilson,lenny norfleet,Mike miranda,and Tj Taylors dad,MR.T.Just to name a few.Its funny how some rubber,plastic and metal can make such a difference in someones life.AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE TOMMYDONE SAID SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

So tommy i take it you are a STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN fan.

s4lnj

man me and ant dog have something in common– first real bike was a kuwahara race bike i got from my brother. tuff neck stem, z-rims, cw bars, uni seat, one peice cranks w/ tioga star and chainwheel, beartrap pedals. awesome.

i was by far the coolest looking, slow racer out there. loved riding that thing– i almost cried when i cracked the seat stays at the post.
    had i only knew how to weld back then……

tommydone

LOVE STONE COLD,D.T.A.

BIGANT-DOG

2bikes
    what ????????
    3bikes
    what????????
    4bikes
    what????????????
    5bikes
    Imagine austins theme music in backroud,hehehe

hehehe tommy can relate.

BIGANT-DOG

Dave i have a real dorky pic of me on it. Am gonna look for it.

tommydone

YO ANT COULD IT ANY OTHER KIND OF PIC?(SORRY BUT YOU LEFT YOURSELF WIDE OPEN FOR THAT)

njoldcruiser

my first BMX bike was a 79 schwinn scrambler with tuffwheels.I think it was like 45lbs.Then I started racing and upgraded to the SX100.When I graduated 8th grade my stepdad said I could build any bike I wanted,so into M&D bike shop we went and built a killer Torker pro.Mrs Bachardy’s eyes kept getting bigger as I read the list of goodies I wanted.That was the best I ever had,raced it untill 86,rode it till around 90,and like an idiot,sold it

BIGANT-DOG

Tommy can you come up to cj on sunday?

tommydone

wish i could dude,broke my hand at eht last thursday,out at least a couple of weeks,would like to see some other tracks though I have only been to eht since I came back.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.