Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. What was your first real bike ??

• This topic has 13 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    rodney

explain the feelings you had[/code]

4130forlife

i think it was a team murray, i cant remember anymore

but my 1st race bike that i just had to have when i was younger was a tnt, it was chrome with the heatbeat stickers… oh sooo nice

that birthday ruled

rodney

mine was a hutch windstyler with wheel covers all the bikes I had before that sucked once i had that under me and it was all up hill from there the list of bikes is just to long

BIGANT-DOG

I think it was kuwahara,

CWCCRIDER

I always had junk bikes i got at yard sales, thick ugly black spray paint everywhere. I always dreamed of having something nice that I could be proud of .
    Walked into Actionwheels and saw a chrome mongoose !!! I polished that baby every day !!!!

loudogg666

my first bike ever before i got into bmx was a schwinn, back when they used to be pretty decent. then i upgraded to a dyno air with mag wheels and pegs only in the back. then i cracked that frame and rode it cracked for a year. then i was given a gt frame, don’t remember the name, but it was bright orange, and i rode that for about two months. then erin donato gave me a dragonfly frame, probably one of the best bikes i ever rode. then i got a sickchild badda bling, and i’ve been riding that for the past three years, and i bent the drop outs and they keep spacing out and my chain gets lose as soon as i tighten it. its amazing.

CrazyCraig

Mongoose Tri-moly. With a coaster brake. Had the shop upgrade to Mongoose Gold Stem, Race Inc. alloy bars and KKT pedals. But yet I kept the coaster brake.

Still – it was my first real ride. That summer I got a freewheel conversion put in. This was the bike I first raced with, too.

RaidenHayden

Scorpion

bmiddaugh

Mongoose motomag, tricked out with alloy handlbars, grab on grips and the classic
    Mongoose Gold Stem.
    oh and red comp III’s.
    I was the sheeot…
    and my bike only weighed like 40 lbs…

bmiddaugh

as to why that bike? Bicycle Motocross Action had a test a few months before and they were bomb blasting mud puddles and torturing that thing like crazy… I had to have it and traded in my Raleigh Grifter for the mug.

sickryder83

Was 7 years old on a 50 pound TREK.

A white MCS Z-1 frame Sal Zeuner was supposed to ride but he sold it to me when he went to Thruster. My mom drove me down to Pedalers East. I bought matching white Powerlight forks, blue rims and parts and was so into that bike, I had my mom take pics of me posing in my uniform on it in the backyard. Doing racer poses lol. Pedalers East had sold me one of their jerseys without the team stuff on it.
    man I wish I had those photos.
    man I wish I had that bike.
    I wish my mom was still alive.
    I cant think about that bike without thinking of her. Thats what that bike means to me.

4130forlife

keep the memory alive eric.. look on ebay for the bike, mcs show up every now and then

BIGANT-DOG

To be honest my first real race bike was my amtrac. At the age of 34. Why do say this one? because it was the type of bike I wanted to build as kid, but did not have the money.

4130forlife

to bad townsend wont ever make a comeback

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.