Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. What are your real reasons for being here?

• This topic has 7 voices and 50 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

I can’t speak for anybody else, but mines are to have fun. and spread the gospel of BMX. Yeah I talk alot of crap, but i am out there spreading the word , handing out flyers, and helping anyone that needs it. I am not tooting my horn, cause i do not have that right. But I will say this like i said in the other thread.

and damn the njbmx.org site could use an updated look but that isn’t happening, but a site where you can buy pictures gets up lickety split.

This is not an attack on jeff. But he is more than welcome to respond.

bmiddaugh

I’ll answer the question directly…
    Give NJ the props it deserves, using whatever means necessary…hey isn’t that someone elses line Ant?

RaidenHayden

Ant Jeff has been around the state alot longer than you, no disrepect to you and what you are trying to do , but the has done his time, and more than you’ll know. All of us at one time or another or still presently are trying to get the sport where it deserves to be or at least give a hand

BIGANT-DOG

using whatever means necessary

Picture brett with black glove and raising fist.

BIGANT-DOG

I just don’t think that putting up a website and CHARGING for pictures is inducive to growing BMX in NJ right now. With moto counts being so low, should that be the focus? Face it that is the real issue.

RaidenHayden

Ant the real issue is why are three grown men on the computer at 9:25 ,and not working LOL

BIGANT-DOG

I am on break. Usually slow till 10am when all the deliveries get in.

bmiddaugh

yea yea…I’m gonna give the same excuse ant did….lol!!!
    <nutjob.

TideyFamily

Bill the new NAVY lets me be on the Computer 8 hours a day.

Anyways back to the Thread subject.

I have allways had a deep down love for the sport, I only wish that when I turned the magic age of 17 I would have stayed with it instead of choosing cars and other no mentionable’s.

This all came to a head when last October my Grandfather passed away. He raced with me and my cousins until we left the sport. When I went home and went out to the shed to get something for my Grandmother, there sat his Ti Lite Cruiser just like it had been taken off the track the night befor. I took it out rode it around the block a few times and thought to myself why in the hell did I ever leave the sport that I loved so much. So when I came back to Jersey the following week I searched for tracks around me. CJ had just had thier final race and wouldn’t be starting until march. So we waited till opening day and my and my son headed out down to see if he would like to get into it. I have never seen my son be so interested in ANYTHING!! He honestly loves racing and has fun even thought he allways gets last. I have explained to him that it takes time and he will one day be winning races just like the rest of the 3 year ROOKIES he is racing. 👿 Thanks for the rant, I needed that this mornning.

bmiddaugh

I guess I can get serious here for a moment and say something…maybe it will be enlightening…
    I’ve spent the last year and a half b.s.ing with almost everyone on this site and at the track’s about racing, it’s current state…yadda yadda…
    Basically it boils down to 2 things.
    People like myself, Ant, Craig, Rich, Rich, Chris…all of them, lol, Pete, Bill…etc. who are either relatively new to the BMX “game” or have been around awhile and are just now finding their voice and are ready and willing to say WTF let’s give things a shot and try and change stuff.

Then you have the “old guard”…in a relative term because though they have been around for awhile they weren’t all there at “the beginning” lol. People like the Vanderhoff’s, Janeen, Debbie, Jeff, etc. People who basically have been trying to change things and been told no, or that can’t be done by “those in charge”. So overtime it’s become, well I love this sport and I’m not gonna let it go so I’ll play within these certain guidelines even though I don’t believe in them.

So you have this fired up group of, “Let’s kick a** and take names” and the other group who is all “Been there, tried that, got listened to and dismissed”.
    Our common ground is BMX. With the knowledge and experience we have right here in this forum that basically ranges from day one in BMX to 15 seconds ago, we should be able, collectively, to change BMX to the way we want it.
    Racing right now, is the way freestyle was in the late 80’s and mid 90’s, only the people who truly love it are gonna stick around. Maybe if the people who have been there and done that, talked to the fired up maniacs, and helped us figure out where the chinks in the armor are of those in charge we could get what we both want.

RaidenHayden

Greg, in my NAVY, I didn’t have a computer on my desk LOL

bmiddaugh

He honestly loves racing and has fun even thought he allways gets last

Greg, if he loves what he’s doing…he ain’t never getting last… 😉

Take it from a guy who fits that quote perfectly when he was a kid.

TideyFamily

Jelous Bill??? LOL. I have less than 90 days until I am gone!!!!!

bmiddaugh

WHAT…?
    Is not one person gonna come on here and say…
    “It fits you as an adult too”…. 😆

TideyFamily

@bmiddaugh wrote:

He honestly loves racing and has fun even thought he allways gets last

Greg, if he loves what he’s doing…he ain’t never getting last… 😉

Take it from a guy who fits that quote perfectly when he was a kid.

The getting last part to me is nothing. Like you said He loves the sport and to me that is all that matters. He will be the first one to tell you that he has fun and that i don’t push him to hard. I give him advice in what I think he needs to do but have never yelled at or gotten mad at him. His whole thing is never give up, and if he gets last then he knows he tryed his best. New motto he learned this weekend for Legend is… “Pain is temporary, and Chics dig scars”!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.