Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old wed- flemington work day

• This topic has 9 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

if anyone is around on wed i believe they are having a work day at hcbmx all day into gate practice that night.

i know matt , danny, transues will be there – hopefully others can lend a hand to get the track ready for the state races this weekend.

PArider086

sorry i wont be able to make it but do you think you could email me pics of the track at the end of the day and maybe tape 17-24 experts motos this weekend for me so i can see them.

thanks

bmxmom156

would you like some snacks/drinks with that too?? how bout watching it on a big screen tv? oh brother… 🙄

i am going to tape anyway so i will have the videos of the motos/mains.

eyuhas

Deb we will be there sorry I can’t be of much help it is hard enough walking on crutches.

bmxmom156

crutches?

BIGANT-DOG

gotta work that night

bmxmom156

ok most of the work will be done during the day if anyone is off please try to come down even if its just for a couple of hrs… they could really use your help.

bmxmom156

taken from the post under ideas… “top 10 things my kid told me what would improve bmx. make it better…etc”

referring to#2 on the list

Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:20 pm Post subject: Re: 10 things my kid told me…

9 out of 10 isnt a bad start.. here ya go..i asked danny he said to type it exactly as he wrote it..sorry if some get offended….

1- if you practice you must race ( delizia, sullivan,snyder, moore that means you)

2-people from all tracks work on each track to make em better ( not just howell ppl work on cj, or flem locals only work on flem. get input from all state riders to make each track better) *****************

3- more amature opens

4-better raffle prizes

5-more old school races

6-have more input from riders about changing jumps

7- officials should know older riders opinions b4 they change the track

8- more creative opens

9- announcers who actually know the kids that race

10- tba

ihatem

I think that we should take into consideration some of the younger riders and what they think….They will be the future.

Maybe some cool incentives for them as well. Anything for them would be cool, stickers or whatever they don’t care, it’s just cool to get something extra or unexpected!

Keep them all motivated, they love this sport, we just want them to keep loving it!

Who knows, maybe some of the bigger kids could take some of the little ones under their wings, kinda like “big brothers” but on a different level.

The clinics are great but maybe something more one on one, They all love watching what the “big boys” do but I think they may be intimidated to talk to them or ask them a question.

I don’t know, it’s just a thought. Investing in the future!

What do you think?

bmxmom156

great idea. i know someone brought that up last yr also… i think in ct they do a mentor program where some older riders at each track have little guys under them they “watch out for” and work with at practice nights….

maybe after the race at flemington we can talk about it with the older riders who are there and see what they think…

ihatem

very cool! 😀

bmxmom156

you can talk to dan tomorrow if you like and see what he thinks… he will be staying down at transues i think a couple of days till they get the track in shape( instead of driving back and forth an hr each day)i know wed and thurs are def work days from what he told me.

sickryder83

is the track going to be too wet to work on?

BIGANT-DOG

5-more old school races

Screw that an entire OLD SCOOL SERIES. No v brakes no threadless headsets
    no clips.

I can promise you it would be sucessful.

BIGANT-DOG

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe. The ball is rolling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.