Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. WEAR YOUR DAMN HELMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This topic has 8 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    bmxlegend

billyboy.. remember that crash i had at secaucus.. i had a helmet on..that crash caused 8 days in the hospital..you know what will definitly help you not get hurt ina crash.. if you dont have those stupid clips on..

rideodybmx

ant your skull prb think enought to take a frying pan on and dent it lol
    but in response to the post a helmet never once would have helped me,
    you just havent had that crash yet that one will help you in. it might not happen soon, or at all, but its still good to take a little bit of precaution for your life

RaidenHayden

Ham, I crashed at Bradock with a full face, and it compressed, peeling my nose to one side and tearing my gum line

bmiddaugh

Bill, is it not crazy that a mellow ass track like braddock would tear into you like that…BITD and now the smallest jump at howell is like the biggest at braddock and we don’t even think twice.
    or is that….
    progression?

bmxlegend

i wanna build braddock in backyard

bmxmom156

ok maybe for you who think wearing a helmet is too “restrictive” should volunteer medic at a race or national and watch what happens to a rider when he hits his head and dosnt get up right away. whileyou are wiping the fluid coming out of his ears and nose( spinal fluid) and helping him into an ambulance you are trying to find out who he is(to contact a family member) as he cant remember his name…then you will think twice about wearing one. one day we were not even racing and jsut at a track for a meeting.. some older rider with plenty of experience was riding with a skateboard- type helmet and just nose cased a jump landing right on his forehead. of course it wasnt strapped on tight so it was virtually useless…. it was a few weeks before he could put two memories together about what happened. thats all it takes… aldo he was riding by himself…oh you will say i have my cell with me but if we werent there who was going to call for help for this guy?? he would have been lying there for god knows how long….style or coolness is not impt and should not come before safety… thats my lecture for today.

bmiddaugh

not a fan of the “gov’t” mandated 17 under helmet rule. Which I believe has more to do with people in politicians pockets than altruism.
    BUT,
    when you are obviously going in for it…seems sorta crazy not to indulge in helmetness.
    Let’s be real, there is not a rider out there that hasn’t said “I’ll just go for it this time without a helmet”, It’s a risk, but probably one that has more consequences than just riding down the street.
    Do the best ya can guys balancing risk and reward…remember never to say, “Let me try it one more time”

bmiddaugh

and listen to mom. 😉

rideodybmx

i know i have said that more than once, and that “one last time” mostly ended up in a wreck, because i was to tired or missed the rail w/e, and only once did i not have a brain busket on, and the times that i did, i whacked my head and got up fine because of that helmet protecting me
    i mean cmon i have enough wrong with me already lol i dont need anymore head damage

eradickator

The wilkerson joe kid segment was truly misleading. in the segment, it shows him putting on his pants backwards and acting confused. That footage was actually part of the team haro video from 1988. It was part of a skit, and to use it as an inference to wilkerson’s crash is grossly misleading. he was acting in that footage and it was in no way a result of his crash!

sure im all for helmets, but your gonna need a better reasong to get me into helmets than footage of ron wilkderson putting his pants on backwards.

rodney

true that plus us flat riders hardly ever where them right eradickator plus what about Jeff Crawn where was he in the joe kid vid????

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.