Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. WEAR YOUR DAMN HELMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This topic has 8 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Okay now i have your attention. WTF is going on. I see kids doing crazy shit in the mags with no helmet on. i DO NOT CARE HOW GOOD YOU ARE, an accident is called that because IT COULD HAPPEN AT ANYTIME. No disrespect to SCOTTY CRAMMER, but if that were me AND I could do half the stuff he could. I would wear a fullface. I HAVE MET HIM AND HE IS A HELL OF A NICE KID. REAL DAMN GOOD TOO. The reason i mention scotty is because alot of kids look up to him, and he could “set the exanple. “

Alot of kids i have met do not want to wear helmets, because “it does not look cool” But is it cool to be lying in a hospital bed. Proof in point RON WILKERSON. Dude was hearing an open face, and nearly died. But at least he was wearing a helmet! (watch joe kid on a stingray)

Brett I need your backup on this. Personally I think the gravity games should REQUIRE FULL FACE HELMETS!!!!!!!!! Yeah i said it. I do not “carry alot of weight ” around here, but that does not bother me. My name is BIGANT-DOG for a reason. I have a big mouth! And when i see some thing wrong I bark!!!!!!!!

What bugs me is kids do not think of the future. back in 94 or 95, I crashed doing someting STUPID! A helmet would have saved me form a concussion, and 13 stitches!!!!!!!! Brett know’s the story. That one crashj affected me to this day. The reason i do not jump anymore is because of that crash. Yeah i may sound like a chicken shit. But I have a fear of getting hurt and i am not afraid to say it.

Like i said before the reason i mentioned scotty is because alot of the locals look up to him and he is the man in jersey right now. Hell i look up to him!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i had half of his talent. And he carries influence.

In closing i ask for all you guys help in spreading the word about safety. The last thing we need is hearing. “Damn if only he had been wearing a helmet

rideodybmx

Ant again you make a very good point,

up untill recently helmets have been a park and track thing, but the more i ride street, and the more i do, i want to wear a helmet, seeing some of the crashes in movies, life, tv etc. it hits home, ” crap maybe i should be wearing a helmet” and i am going to start wearing one, with help from friends i plan to get more people to wear their helmets. Ant your quote in this situation is very very relevant It thakes one man to start a revolution, well lets start on for kids to wear helmets!![/quote]

bmiddaugh

why do i always get dragged into this.
    it does perplex me why they pro park guys still don’t go with more protective helmets, no, i mean i know why….full face are VERY restrictive as far as being able to see what you are doing in the air.
    It might be that we are so far gone from the Wilkerson incident, almost 18 years that people have forgotten the consequences of a bad crash.
    you’re right though, the magazines should do a better job of policing helmets. Osborn had a helmet rule bitd for BMXA…of course that was the stone age, lol…
    Look, I get ridiculed for riding in an open face…I take the risk, sorta because I know my skill level, and I have a tendency to back off before I’ll take the risk of eating it, and also I don’t clip in…clip in crashes have a tendency to throw ya head first…
    I refuse to wear a helmet just riding down the street though!

OMG, that crash, lol….
    Dale, if you read this post remind me to tell you about that crash… 😈

rideodybmx

yes riding down the street, no i prob will not wear a helmet

but acctually going out riding be it street park race or an attempt at flatland, theres gonna be a helmet on my head.
    ive fallen a whacked my head once, and thats engough for me

RaidenHayden

I have never worn a helmet riding trails, funny thing is I have always worn knee pads and shin guards. But I have never gotten hurt real bad riding trails either. Racing however, going full bore,is a different story, my worst injuries have been on a track so I always wear one. I think it’s a matter of being in a comfort zone. Trails are jsut laid back have fun, no helmet for me

BIGANT-DOG

Ido not expect someone to wear a helmet riding on the street. But if you “are going out to ride” and you are going to some burly shit, then you should think about your safety.

bmxlegend

learn how to ride.. and fall.. and youre safe

bmxlegend

its a personal preferance.. take your lumps.. learn how to fall.. its a trial and error.. youll get ger regardless if your wearing a brain bucket or not.. full face..open face.. its gonna hurt.. learn how to fall

rideodybmx

learning and knowing how to fall cant allways help you

your not going to be able to control that one crash, that will leav you in a pile of mush, and weather or not you are wearing a helmet can determine if you will ever walk again.

BIGANT-DOG

Trails are just laid back have fun, no helmet for me

No offense dude that is how you feel, But lets just say you case a jump, and you were to land on your head. Yeah trails are laid back. But you are already wearing shin and knee guards. So why not wear a helmet, even if it is a “skater helmet.” something is better than nothing.

Anonymous

It is way more fun watching guys crash without helmets on……………..While riding flatland I broke the following 4 fingers,leg and a bone in my back…….never once would a helmet have helped my injuries…………

rodney

The N.J law is now 17 and younger MUst where a helmet and you can all buy them from high gear cyclery THANKYOU

RaidenHayden

Ant, I have cased a jump and went head first into the next take -off, th eresult, a HUGE lump that looked like a horn. Trails, freestyle, are one of the places where the are no rules you just ride. People need to know their limitations. My backyard has taken it’s toll. One ruptured spleen, a broken colarbone, a few concussions, and a broken ankle, as well as a few bikes that left in two pieces. Again it’s a matter of personal preferance. The goverment ususally tells me how I have to take care of my self, this is one place where NO one tells me anything, and just have fun

RaidenHayden

Besides ANt, by some of my other post, you gotta know I got a thick skull LOL 😀

BIGANT-DOG

Just hate to see people hurt, that’s all. And my skull is way thicker,how do i know? When my wife pops me in the head, I do not feel a thing !!!!!!!!!!LOL 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.