Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used Using Paypal to pay for NJBMX activities

• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    gmac

pay pal was used for 2 years for pre registration. it worked fine. it was always much easier to have pre reg for the state series. there was a five dollar post registration fee if you registered on the day of the race.

gmac

pay pal was used for 2 years for pre registration. it worked fine. it was always much easier to have pre reg for the state series. there was a five dollar post registration fee if you registered on the day of the race.

gmac

2 or 3 years ago the state board decided to do away with the pre and post registration. their reasoning was that not having a post registration fee would bring more riders. doesn’t make sense to me, the average was 30 to 50 riders pre registered and saved 5.00, the other 75 to 100 post registered. the only thing that changed was that there was less money brought in at each state race. if you pre registered, and couldn’t make it, you got credited to the next race. if you can save a few bucks and pre register, great. if you choose not to it’s on you.

bmiddaugh

Excellent, so the board can vote on this and we can get it up and running again. I think if it is promoted more it might save a lot of time on race day.

bmxmom156

i would think the state registration person would love this idea/ less work for him/her. in other states it is accepted /normal to preregister only…its the folks who pay the day of the race who are in the minority. what they do is pre register everyone then come race day there are 2 lines..1 for pre registered check in, the other for post registration. the rider just goes and checks in with registration booth( very quick line moves fast) gets a ticket then goes to bike inspection. no ticket/ no inspection/ no practice. the ticket is then put in a bucket for a rider raffle to be pulled later on when they do the 50/50. kind of nice. this is how they monitor who is on the track also ( i remember we had a prob a while back with riders practicing and crashing who were not registrerd for that days race) that eliminates that prob for sure.

anyway if all the riders pre registered you could almost have the moto sheets done ahead of time and just add in last min stragglers.. i would think??

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.