Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used Using Paypal to pay for NJBMX activities

• This topic has 6 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Please use the attached poll and tell me if you would like to use paypal to
    pre-register for state races
    pre-pay for items such as:
    hoodies and jerseys
    buy other NJ BMX items such as
    stickers
    calendars
    posters

Let me know if this should be incorporated into the site. Apparently Jeff already had it set up at one point but it was not used.

Absolutely…but last year, I argued about ways to encourage people to pre reg, but it was too much trouble 🙄

Come on, its 2007 already!

RaidenHayden

it’s also traceable money, if you get my drift. I said something three years ago. NOTHING

bmiddaugh

See the bitch is now that there is a place to go and actually SAY something about it.
    That might also be something to post to a group or two…

bmiddaugh

LMAO, poll is at 7 for.
    0 against.

BIGANT-DOG

be a hell of alot easier

bmiddaugh

Ok, Loren…
    ya got me, I gotta know who was arguing against finding ways to have people pre-reg?

bmxmom156

i have to admit i am one of the guilty ones… i remember years ago morgan asked me to try the paypal thing and i was nervous and didnt want to do anything online as it was new and all… but since i got introduced to the evils of ebay i really like it now…

as long as you find something secure/ safe i think folks would go for it

I am not going to give names, but those in charge of the state series seemed to think it was more trouble than it was worth to have people pre reg. I was arguing for making pre-reg $5 less to encourage people to use it. I figured it would easier…unsaid person(s) did not agree. nuff said.

bmiddaugh

If you are speaking of the clerk of course, that person has no say in matters such as this. It is to be brought to the board and voted on by valid voting members.
    In 2007, there is no longer a reason to have to stand in a line the morning of practice to register.
    It’s easy to just squash Loren or just say no to Bill….
    It will be harder to say no to 8-10 men with knowledge.

bmiddaugh

Unless Loren,
    you were actually speaking to the whole State Competition Committee who is responsible for these things.

bmxmom156

i thought it was always cheaper to pre register did they ge rid of that this yr? always was $5 less?????

RaidenHayden

hey, jsut think of the accounting benefit of using paypal, so much easier to track where your money is

bmiddaugh

16 to 1 for using paypal.

I would like to say it was Jeff Morgan who originally came up with this AND he has it ready to go on the old njbmx.org site, but was shot down by the vanderhoffs.

So this is not originally my idea but even though I don’t see eye to eye with Jeff on everything, something like this seems to be a no-brainer.

This will be set up next year or someone will have to give a good reason why it shouldn’t.

(There is no good reason)

RaidenHayden

It’s not cash, has to be accounted for properly, as opposed to being done two years late

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.