Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old training diet on race weekend?

• This topic has 14 voices and 24 replies.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    bobbmxer

I forget what food is on race days. Ex. Raced at CJBMX saturday for pro-am didn’t leave till 8pm and didnt eat till I got home at 9.

Mr., Whipple

kevh

That might explain your results then.

bobbmxer

Lol very true gotta stop that habit haha

bmxmom156

thats why i asked..wonder if there is a good meal replacement shake that is bmx friendly? in other words not a large volume to consume before a race but concentrated and easily digestable with vitamins already in it… the boost/ensure hi pro shakes have carbs/ protein but they are hi fat therefore take a long time to move thru the digestive system…

anyone try any others? i have asked a few nutrition ppl and most only can suggest things that are not sprint-short term related cycling… not many are versed in this..too bad there isnt a site specifically set up for bmx racing..i know individ trainers have their own thng but for the gen bmx population the average rider is prob not eating correctly on race day.. (french fries after racing is prob not the best either for recovery reasons…lol…)

kudos to the tracks that offer some healty alternative ie fruit etc for riders. when we run our concessoin at our hs booster club during tournaments we try to get apples/ banannas/ clementines easy for them to grab and go after a weigh in or betw matches… along with the normal candy junk food the parents love…..

there has to be somoene in nj who is versed in this sort of thing..?

s4lnj

dextros sugar– gatorade has it– but not enough and too much sodium.

there is a short window after heavy sprint style workouts that dextros sugar will go directlly to muscle recovery and nothing else. you can get dextros tabs at gnc

s4lnj

to add to this– solid food between motos take too llong to break down and digest.

4130forlife

beer and ciggarettes

bmiddaugh

not good even on non-race days..

4130forlife

haha

kevh

I used to be real big on slimfast shakes before racing, but now I just ride and chug gatorade. This is probably why I am only good for half a lap before needing oxygen and rest.

CWCCRIDER

@4130forlife wrote:

beer and ciggarettes

Lets get to training then —

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.