Homepage Forums UBMXRC Council Discussions Topic 13

• This topic has 9 voices and 19 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh
    bmiddaugh

This site will be up for 1 more day, then I am out.

rodney

WOW I love You man

bmiddaugh

Rod, how do I get these racing people to wake the hell up!

CrazyCraig

Brett, look how long it took to take down the Berlin Wall. We are just starting to take some little chips out of the wall were hitting here. Give it time. Persistence is the key thing here.

bmiddaugh

yea I know,,,I just got a little overheated…I’m not going anywhere, lol…

RaidenHayden

Good thing!!!!

BIGANT-DOG

Hey you dragged me into this you better not leave!!!!!! besides no one else wants me 😥

Caveman

Brett,

Before I open my big fat mouth, who is able to view this particular forum?

bmiddaugh

Craig Wilson, Rodney Morweiser Rod, Me, Anthony Brown Ant-dog, Chris & Carrianne Vliet, Farside, Jesse, Loren Hamblin, Pete Woghlemuth, Wiley, Hayden, Kevin from Plainsboro bike (friend of Hayden’s) and deh Caveman himself.
    That’s us.

Caveman

OK, well I hope this is a safe place to talk about such things.

First of all, are we over reacting to the cancellation of the state meeting? Is it possible there are legitimate schedule conflicts? And they have to reschedule it for some time and make it public so I have to think nobody’s trying to do anything underhanded there.

That being said I think we need some changes.

I’ve been racing BMX for 20 years and ten of those years as pro. I’ve raced both sanctions but in 98 I came to the conclusion the NBL sucked and quit going to NBL nationals. I chased the ABA national series. However I continued to support the four NJ NBL track’s local programs, by racing, announcing, shovelling, you name it. I raced opens at state qualifiers when they had them but other than that I didn’t care about the state association and never went to meetings because it was NBL. I didn’t care about the President’s Cup. I didn’t care about the overall health of NJ BMX because it was controlled by the NBL.

Now I’m thinking I do care. I’d like to see things done better, smarter. I’d like to see people who care in charge. I’d like to see people question the stupid things we keep doing year after year instead of doing it because that’s the way it’s always been done.

If we go to the state meeting and create an us vs. them attitude with the state organization we won’t make any progress and we’ll all quit trying. If we want to see changes made we need to be cool about it. Finger pointing and arguing will only make matters worse.

For example I have an idea but I want to present it in a way that won’t ruffle any feathers. If it’s true that six people went to the Competition Congress on the state’s dime last year, that’s a joke. Bob Tedesco is an imbecile and to pay to go listen to him is a complete waste of money. That does NOTHING to make BMX in NJ better. Sounds to me like we paid for six people’s Vegas vacations.

I’ve got a better idea. Take that money and buy a decent PA system like both the NBL and the ABA bring to their nationals. I envision a system that could be portable to use at all the state qualifiers. But also to get our money’s worth out of it, it could be resident at one of the tracks so it would get used more. A good PA system would greatly add to the state races. I think all three track’s PA systems have a lot to be desired and I can certainly say EHT’s sucks. I don’t know how much a good PA system would cost but it’s a WAY better value than sending anyone to the CC.

Another thing I’d like to push for is switching all three tracks to the ABA. I’ve always dismissed that idea assuming it would never fly in NJ but I think it’s time. Who says we can’t go ABA? I can think of one person who would stand in the way of that.

That’s a HUGE item and it won’t be easy but I think it’s time to push for it. If those of us that have raced both can see the ABA is better and we know BMX would grow in NJ if all three NJ tracks go ABA, why are we going to let a few people who have never raced ABA shoot it down?

All of this being said, everybody please keep all of this to ourselves and don’t start spreading rumors. We need a plan before we start shooting our mouths off. Brett, I’ll be at the UBMXRC meeting this Saturday and I think it will be a good thing because those of us that want to see changes can get our shit together and come up with a coherent plan and figure out how to present ourselves at the state meeting so as not to get shot down.

Whatever the outcome I’m also going to start attending those state meetings and get involved in NJ BMX. I hope everybody else will too.

BIGANT-DOG

I thinl caveman just summedit all up. I am the rookie out of all of us but my heart and soul is BMX and i want things to get better also.

CrazyCraig

Captain Caveman to the rescue! 😀

Well said Dave – see you Saturday.

RaidenHayden

The only prob is wrangling all the tracks from the NBL legal system, but like in one of my other posts, this orginization is got too many chiefs, time to clean the closet, or at least get Craig out of it!!! LOL I had too

s4lnj

Craig Wilson, Rodney Morweiser Rod, Me, Anthony Brown Ant-dog, Chris & Carrianne Vliet, Farside, Jesse, Loren Hamblin, Pete Woghlemuth, Wiley, Hayden, Kevin from Plainsboro bike (friend of Hayden’s) and deh Caveman himself.
    That’s us.

man i’m like a red headed step child!!!! everyone always forgets me!!!!

i had familly matters to attend to this weekend and wasn’t going to be able to attend any way– and unfortunatlly will be unable to attend brett’s as well– but i can get caught up from the caveman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.