Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing used They are watching

• This topic has 8 voices and 32 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Gee.. I said “we” elect them….but what if “they” are beyond getting elected?
    What happens then?

Sullivan

i bet imwatchin is watchin us all!

bmiddaugh

I damn well bet he is.

RaidenHayden

Theme from the “Twilioght Zone” please!!!! 😯

bmiddaugh

Lotta inuendo going on here..

BMXspectator

OK am I the only one who feels this way? Or should you just sit back and wait to see what happens? I think if you want the sport to grow you have to make some changes. And to have some changes you need people that are running the program willing to listen and make the changes where they are needed. What has me puzzled is why a certain group of people feel that they have been doing this for so long that no one can come in and help them out. They are always asking for help but only to turn people away. What’s up with that? I think this has turned into a job for them and they are no longer having any fun doing it. There are people out there that want to help. You just have to give them a chance.

bmxmom156

no i dont mean to call anyone out either but from what i read there seems to be a “they” faction that i for the life of me i cant figure out who woud not be on the same page regarding helping the sport grow/ improve/ whatever you want to call it. when i read how they do this and they dont do that… i dont know who would be that resistant… its hard to believe or imagine who that would be. i get the feeling that most of the people who run the tracks in nj are 99% all on the same page. maybe i have the blinders on or am missing something?

BIGANT-DOG

I do not know a whole lot but, it is plain to me that there are some people who are resistant to change. A good example At a state meeting you do not say ” I am missing my naptime” Or why are you here” Or my favorite

DO YOU HAVE ANY CHILDREN”

If the revolution must start, then let it start here. Btw I have no kids, but I love bmx.

BIGANT-DOG

btw how can you say i do not look at the internet-but 2 minutes later say that brokenspokes has a lot of negativity? I do pay attention to what is being said around me. I hope that we get the ball rolling saturady at the meeting. Oh and brett I got a flak jacket ready for you. 😈

RaidenHayden

I know who BMXspectator is talking about, and he is are right, it is almost (this is my sandbox mentality going on) and in the long run it only hurts the riders and the ability to draw new ones and more volunteers as a result. Those that are referred to as they, it is almost as if THEY have nothing THEY are in control of, so this is their chance at being the boss. Unfortunately, it is at the cost of OUR sport. Brett has started something, and now WE realize it is OUR sport, and time WE took it back!!! That is MY word.

bmiddaugh

And just for the record, I am not anti-parent or anything insane like that.
    I’m anti-people who are not doing this because you absolutely have an incredible love for it.
    If you are at a local level right now and paying yourself to do anything for BMX.
    I am really sorry but that is lame. I really am sorry, I know people may feel they deserve to be compensated for their time but this sport is in a state of decline and every single dime that can go towards making the local program better should.
    And you all know I am no internet sh*ttalker. If I say I’m gonna do something, it get’s done.
    And it’s not most people in NJ BMX, it’s just a few.
    But that spreads and that’s obvious.
    I’m hoping for some incredible things tomorrow at the state meeting.
    I hope I’m right.

bmiddaugh

Let me ask this.
    If everyone who is heavily involved in NJBMX is in love with this sport and wants to grow it.
    Why were the by-laws changed to allow only 2 meetings a year?
    What the heck can you get done in 2 meetings?
    I know for a fact that what everyone has done at this site in the past year has infected most of the people at these tracks, and dang what a difference a couple months makes.
    Tomorrow is a turning point for BMX racing in NJ. Every single person who can make it should be there for the state meeting.

I will guarantee you that the real BMX racing revolution starts tomorrow.

BIGANT-DOG

Picture me raising fist with black glove!!!!!!! 😡

bmiddaugh

The best of the old are invited to join us. The rest have to move on.

bmiddaugh

Vinny Mannino 2006
    “It’s all about being sincere about what you are doing”
    Sounds like someone down with what we are all trying to do.
    (My favorite Vinny quote is “You can’t be half-pregnant”, but we’ll leave comedy to another time.

Matt Danek 2006
    “See that kid Brett, that’s my son he’s 12 years old, if he says it’s fun, I know I’m going in the right direction”
    That is an acute understanding of what we are trying to do. In fact that’s almost the quote of the year.

I could quote Rich Farside and Chris Vliet all day long, but alas they aren’t representatives of any tracks yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.