Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old The state trailer

• This topic has 9 voices and 34 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

The riders are in consensus that it should be sold. The amount of money that would be spent on fixing it does not give any benefit to the riders. That money would be better spent on doing something for the great BMXers of NJ.

RaidenHayden

The point was made, that if they buy the PA, how do they move it?? So overcome that obstacle and I would agree

s4lnj

if it must be kept for PA transport, what needs fixing?

mechanic on duty

dave

BIGANT-DOG

How big is the PA system? Is it really that hard to move around. Most of the people I see have SUV”s so since Scotty is taking over the shop.We keep the Pa system there, And do we need the trailer for registration at state events. I thought that is what the buildings were for. i understand it is used in parade’s but how many parades does njbmx participate in.

If the trailer is kept, I say we have a trailer work party, there are enough of us who can turm a wrench to get it fixed. And I have someone who will “wrap the trailer” at a good price.

Brett wrote

The amount of money that would be spent on fixing it does not give any benefit to the riders. That money would be better spent on doing something for the great BMXers of NJ.

And come to think of it it needs a brake system, Now if they do decide to keep it I say have a “trailer fundraiser” and do not use any money from the state.

BIGANT-DOG

Dave I would be more than happy to help you. It can be done in the back of the shop. We would need a compressor, wait jerry has one on his truck. It needs drip rails, wrapping, brakes what else.

bmiddaugh

Sell the current trailer. Use the proceeds to buy a smaller trailer.
    Talk is right now using some of the money the state is saving by having the grant to pay to fix the trailer. I have heard in the area of 1,000. It needs the door fixed, it leaks, and I believe brakes. It should also be noted that the trailer can only be towed by large trucks or suvs. A smaller trailer will make it easier to tow.
    It was used once last year.
    Sell it, get a smaller one.
    Cost to state, close to 0.
    Repair it and reuse it.
    Cost to state, near 1,000.
    Plus we can only tow it with certain vehicles.
    The trailer was made when njbmx was helping to run regionals in the ne. (wondering if the nbl gave us anything for that). We aren’t anymore.
    Time for change.

RaidenHayden

The smaller trailer works, and for a few reasons, but most imprtanly, then most vehicles can pull it. That sounds like a solution to me, but don’t hold your breath

bmiddaugh

…or do what Ant just said.
    And yes the pa should be kept at the new shop. If you can’t trust the Cranmers who can ya trust.

BIGANT-DOG

The trailer was made when njbmx was helping to run regionals in the ne. (wondering if the nbl gave us anything for that). We aren’t anymore.

Did not know that was the reason for the trailer. Now you know some of them (BOARD) will try to find any reason to keep it just because the idea to get rid of it came from this site. The bottom line is do we really need it? If not sell it. If it can be proven that we need it sell it and get a smaller one. Or trade it in.

4130forlife

i say sell the stupid trailor

s4lnj

i only offered my services for fixing cause i can imagine the resistance we will get to getting rid of it.

i personally would like to see it go– but i have a feeling it will stay, so if i can save some of that money by fixing the trailer than i will

dave

bmiddaugh

is doing this any different than getting on the gate with the fastest riders and believing you will win.
    Do you think that’s…air you’re breathing?

s4lnj

there is no spoon

bmiddaugh

“There is no spoon”
    Exactly.

bmiddaugh

The idea to get rid of it came from the riders.
    I just reported on the idea.
    It seemed valid at this point for BMX in NJ.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.