Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old state meeting

• This topic has 14 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Presidents Cup
    Anthony Brown
    Brian Grabel
    Nancy Haugh
    Craig Wilson

Promotions
    Vinny Mannino
    Anthony Brown
    Loren Hamblin

Awards & Ceremony
    Janeen Welsh
    Lisa Heath
    Craig Wilson

ByLaws/Nominations
    Vinny Mannino
    Janeen Welsh
    Matt Danek

I see quite a few names from these forums.
    Have any meetings or emails been flying back and forth?

bmiddaugh

I will add that my name was on a few of those lists but after the jan meeting in deferance to what happened to my g/f, I asked to be removed from the official lists.

So…
    where we at.

CrazyCraig

Lisa Heath gave me the emails she had of those on the committees I am on. She did not have them all, but I emailed the ones she gave me and I did not get much response on a few ideas, basically lets save it for when we get closer to the end of the year. But, I did get responses.

I have my ideas for both. Personally, the one that I hope to have the most impact on is the awards/ceremony committee cause I know we can do better than last year. Its nice that we can use the incline club, but it was too noisy in there, and the Shop Rite bags for the awards was a really nice touch, dontcha think?

As far as Prez cup is concerned, this is where, and I’ll take some blame, we didn’t put any sort of strategy together for a bus trip this year. We really need to make people aware of this early in the season, or at least at the state races to get interest, or it will never heppen. Granted, we are not a huge state yet, but we are missing the boat by not coordinating our efforts to make this as affordable as possible so we get the most riders to Ohio.

C-ya on the 15th.

bmiddaugh

Thanks brah.

rodney

I dont do sheot for bmx f bikes !!!

ridinlow

@bmiddaugh wrote:

Guys…

The state clerk, who does not have the authority to dictate what goes on at meetings, posts on a website that is not owned by njbmx, what the agenda is.

Have the past 3 years been lost on everyone here?

Since you are always talking about stepping up and setting a good example, I have a question for you…….why haven’t you obtained an officials license yet?
    The same goes for AntDog, bmxmom156, ect…. don’t you think that there would be more power in numbers? Or is it that you just like to stir the drama on the internet rather then be productive?
    There must be a reason why none of you have stepped up an got a
    license, just not sure what it is………

bmxmom156

i have/had an officials license and it has just expired.i will not be renewing it due to personal reasons. if you would like to discuss these reasons you can pm me. the piece of paper means nothing if thats what you look at as proof of volunteerism and commitment. for example, i was handed a form about a yr ago and asked to sign them as a convenience to the track so they would have enough officials to run a race in case of an emergency ( i guess you have to have a min amt of officials present at every race) and i just recieved the “peice of paper” from the nbl 2 weeks before it expired.(right before the grands i guess they are a little behind in their mailing as i was told others from nj just got theirs recently as well)

what does an officials licence prove? i was involved at our track a long time before the piece of paper came in the mail. its just a formality in my mind. i f you need a title to validate yourself than more power to you.

oh and by the way what is the title of YOUR official license?? on my application someone checked stager or corner marshall(which i did about 1-2x) and i wrote in on the bottom fill in medic and 50/50 sales.. which i did for about 10-13 yrs….

s4lnj

official pain in the ass trouble maker

bmxmom156

riding low quote ( sorry i dont know how to do the copy thing): “dont you think that there would be more power in numbers?”

that may be where alot of the problem lies… “power” it seems as though some may think this is the ultimate goal. its not about power and who has it . it sounds as though ridemlow is suggesting get all your friends in a position of “power” (i guess that means having an officials license) then you can take over or vote whoever in or out? is thats what its all about??its about doing the right thing for the riders. i think thats all everyone wants in the long run.

XMotoXchick

Just for the record Brett has been asking for his officials license every time he goes to the track and there is always a reason he cant get it… Such as we cant find the paper work .. That was last weeks excuse. Stirring drama on the Internet is what The old guard does best. Brett Ant dog, BMX mom, Rich farside and many more have have made great changes in the past two years if you haven’t noticed. It was done with little or no help from the board and if anything, certain people on the board have done nothing but try to prevent positive change. Mostly out of fear of losing their stupid power trips.

ridinlow

I’m glad to see at least one person has actually had a license.

ridinlow

@s4lnj wrote:

official pain in the a** trouble maker

No…just tired of the talk about change and what’s gonna be done, or needs to be done, or hasn’t been done, or is going to be done, or was already done ect……I’m just saying that its time to put up or shut up….gotta love the internet drama!!!!

CrazyCraig

Lets see:

Brett –
    Announces races, takes pics, shoots video, maintains pro/am website, designs posters, helps secure grant, etc, etc, etc.

Ant-
    Starts up race team with local bike shop, gets riders to races, helps with 35x motofill, lol, helps neighbors fix there kids bikes, gives parts to them for free, etc, etc, etc.

Deb-
    until recently did 50-50 at every HCBMX race I have been to, has a very awesome son who inspires many of the little grommets to keep coming back (that fact alone – raising a kid like Danny speaks VOLUMES), will take the time to answer questions, volunteers whenever possible, etc, etc, etc.

They all do a lot more, but please, do not measure someone by whether or not they have an “officials” license.

Do we have a lot of great volunteers in this state that DO have officials license, yes. But just because you don’t have one, does not mean you are not helping, etc.

I think I’ll head on over to P-burgh to go riding with PBR. Maybe he does have this all figured out, lol.

bmxmom156

so do you have a license, ridinlow? since that card means so much to you what “title” did you check off when sending in your renewal this yr?

RaidenHayden

Hey, rideinlow even I had a licence, yes Mr. ABA had a NBL officials licence. But here is the thing, after watching how things are done a year,and even if you chalk how the money is handled to poor record keeping, eventually someone at the track may need to account for things. Now here is the bigger problem, when they get audited and tell the authorities, that it is sloppy record keeping, uh well that will set off the lightbulb to get them thinking, well then how is your personal record keeping, and NOW its messy. I feel sorry for a few. Why volunteer and work with people that aren’t willing to keep a few spread sheets. The pres of the one org is a comp wiz, he can’t come up with something simple?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.