Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Should CJBMX be changed?

• This topic has 11 voices and 30 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    miken1973

I would leave it to Phil and Dale and dont forget Pete Bonilla. They will do it right. I have known dale for way over ten years and would give him a key to my house and trust him with all my belongings. THe historical problem with CJ since it re-opened in 94 is that there are too many cooks in the kitchen. Everyone should step back and let them do it right. THe sight needs to surveyed (Call Chris Zhe Dale) leveled and a proper layout selected to maximize the grade of the land so there is no uphill sections like now. That has always been the issue the track had some awesome sections but never a good flow to it. I would hate to see the second and last turn go because they are both awesome. Forget this national caliber track bring in riders talk whats wrong with wanting a nation caliber track? Those tracks run local programs too that produce exceptional riders. A good track done right is safer more fun to ride and benefits all. If national caliber means a quality facility that is above par and makes you a better rider build a dozen of them. Also the NBL needs to show CJ and Flemington some respect this are two of the longest running bmx tracks in the nation and a kickback of love is in order.

4130forlife

yeah, nbl, step up

miken1973

PS Flemington had a split straight away on the third straight ten years ago. to the right was a four pack that were deep and you had to jump and to the right was a smaller section for the beginningers and younger riders. Nothing has been that good since. That track was just pure fun to ride and everyone loved it. Thanks Stevie B. —- RIP

4130forlife

ahh the good old days

RaidenHayden

What Mike said about shooting the grades, and getting rid of the uphill sections at CJ is a good idea. Might wanna look into that

dieter

I agree that the major problem with CJ has been the uphill sections that have contributed to the lack of flow on the track as a whole.But the major issue is what is a “national caliber” track?Is it a track with huge lipped jumps like South Park?I’m afraid that is what alot of people believe.Tracks need to be built so they are challenging,fun and safe for all ages from 5-65.There is a problem with many sports today that everyone wants to see more extreme stuff.This is a pervasive attitude that is stoked by the media, the internet, X-Games etc.It has especially effected alot of the non traditional sports like ours.I have spent alot of time over the past few years with Plattekill Mountain promoting MTB racing etc. and have seen this problem there also, especially in downhill racing(which continues to lose riders) due to extreme crazy courses, cost of equipment to ride that kid of stuff etc.There are no new people to speak of coming into the sport they are all getting scared off.I think it is something we really need to keep a focus on.

bmiddaugh

More voices of reason… 😀

miken1973

how about asking the kids themselves what they want instead of telling them what they want. tracks should not be designed by some chain smoking lush with a dickie-do who never rode in his life…. whats wrong with south park 20+ plus year history, internationally known, too many good riders produced to list, rock solid local program, sounds like the perfect model to imulate too me. all this talk about lips prople who complain about lips never launched a bike off one they just flap them in f over there teeth. progression is a fact of life get on board or stare at your ols skool pics and request glory days on the classic rock station. enough of the back door power trippin

bmxmom156

what the heck is a dicky do?

miken1973

its when your belly sticks out further than your dickie do

RaidenHayden

Ah yes, shade does inhibit growth

miken1973

i know first hand

bmxmom156

😳

thanks for sharing

RaidenHayden

Mike you going to be at any races this year?

miken1973

I am going to try. I am not going to race maybe pop out once in a while for some gates. I was going to check egg harbor this weekend but the weather and my son is getting baptised on sunday kind of cancelled it. when your tack opens I will come check it out

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.