Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Should CJBMX be changed?

• This topic has 11 voices and 30 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

They want to flatten the track and rebuild it. I am all for change but……. would it bring in new riders? If they change it i will still race it, but before we mess with perfection, let’s look at some facts. we average 20 motos on a sunday, Now by changing the track does anyone think we will double the moto count. Before you change the track I say work on promoting the sport.

Iam not knocking anyone,I just wonder if it the best thing for the riders? I have shown people on various bmx sites pics and video of the track and they love it. I understand that people want a national caliber track, that is all good. But what good is a track of that caliber if we are still only getting 20 moto’s a week?

In short if you want to change it, feel free I will still race there and so will everyone else, but will changing the track solve our rider count, or will promoting bmx?

bmiddaugh

Although this post will have no effect on the changing of CJ and I do trust the people in charge of CJ to do the right thing. (Remember Dale is over there and he is the main man as far as track changes are concerned) Ant has a point. As shown by Debbies post in another thread, a “national caliber” track does in no way mean that you will pull in more riders and at this point in the game that is what you are lookin for. Ways to pull in more NEW riders, not cater to those who already race or are looking for ways to practice for nationals. BMX Legend likes to put out how we should make more huge lippy jumps but after trying that at CJ last year we still have not seen a major turnout change by making bigger jumps.
    Be that as it may, I hope that Dale, Phil, us and Ritz work together to make a rebuild that is good for bringing in new riders.
    Maybe it’s time for CJ to once again lead to the future, possibly breaking the track into 2 sections, a good average kid main section and a pro-ex section for the more advanced riders.

Remember BMX is for the riders, not a few of the riders, all of them.
    The time has come to split tracks into sections on a local level if you intend to bring in new riders AND keep older experienced riders enthused AND bring in spectators. Phil D had some great ideas, Dale has the temperment.
    1 is a pro
    and the other is a regionally ranked expert with over 20 years experience listen to them.

rodney

Looking out for the future GOOd words my man !!!

BIGANT-DOG

Any changes that are going to be done should be bought before the racers. IMO After all bmx is about the riders , right — Let the riders have say in what the track will be like. Or even if they want it changed. But what do i know i am just a grown man on kid’s bike.

4130forlife

yep, change it.. mix sh1t up a bit

s4lnj

they do have the racers– phil and dale— they cant have everyracer voice an opinion– christ, legend would have water jumps with aligators in them and a beer dunk at the finsh line. since i can’t jump the track would be all table tops. they have a goo drepresentation there with phil and dale– phil is pro,
    dale is a non jumping racer– (his words from last seaseon, not mine)so don’t think that it’s gonna be too one sidede in either direction.

like brett said– pro sections are the answer.

TenaciousD

Beer dunk at the finish line ?

Im coming out of “retirement” next week…..

bmxmom156

change is good..just please not 2 weeks before the regional( seems to be happening alot lately) dont know what ritz schedule is like but most need major tweeking afterwards so i hope they give it enough time to “settle in”
    jmo.

bmiddaugh

Ok, I think with this whole tracks changing thing we are all on the same page.
    So now that we are here maybe we can move to the next chapter.
    Which is pro-ex sections.

bigtimber

change is good its better than nothing at all.

rodney

what else can we change in bmx how about we all use mtb bikes ???????? and clips HAHAHA !!!!

bigtimber

u can if u want to. Ham will be the only one who cares! Him and his p*ss water Pabst!

4130forlife

frank you clown, ill bring that photo of us to eht…

s4lnj

perhaps we should all listen to eric– who said pro/ex sections months ago for bmxl

dave

4130forlife

word up to that jigga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.