Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Rookies returning again for the 06 series.

• This topic has 14 voices and 94 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

I’m sick of career rookies.
    We’re gonna take care of this sh*t and soon.

RaidenHayden

Yeah rite. the way it’s structured, there will be career rookies for awhile

CrazyCraig

@RaidenHayden wrote:

Dave, we need another ABA track in NJ, there is one in the works, it just won’t be down by you guys

Billy – are you serious? A new ABA track – in Jersey???

Caveman

Yeah as long as the NBL exists and gives state, regional and national titles to rookies there will be sandbaggers looking for a cheap win.

bmiddaugh

getting rid of “career” rookies = my cause.
    People are gonna start to really not like me when I start to get back after this operation, my diplomatic side is starting to wane.
    People f-ing up the sport we love for the bottom line is gonna stop. We should be in control and we will be in control.
    The time has come to stop going to “competition congress” and telling each other how great they’re doing and it’s time to start actually making things better.

BMX started right here, just like this, a bunch of radical maniacs who said why the f not? and the changes will start here as well.
    I believe we have some innovative, intelligent, EXPERIENCED minds right here and we’re gonna get noticed.
    It’s only been 4 months ladies and gents, imagine where we will be a year from now.

RaidenHayden

Brett, I think the reason they did what they did with the classes was for the betterment of the sport, but somewhere the fail safes, didn’t work, or weren’t properly in place. A restructuring, not a dismantling is what is needed, But unfortunately, when someone creates something, many times it is the best thing to them, and changing it will take an act of God. Good luck cause that is what you are up against. The ABA doesn’t have all these titles, they also have some probs, but I think if you get enough tracks together (ABA), your local program would be better

bmiddaugh

12 pages….I want this thread to go to 12 pages….
    As soon as I am 100% again, I have some ideas, intelligent ones, that will require Jesses info, your insider knowledge, a little time and the track operators to get running.

CrazyCraig

Brett – if we knew it would get you this fired up – we would have yanked out your appendix a long time ago! 😆

Watch out BMX world. Brett’s back – and he’s on a mission. Viva la revoultion! 😀

Bill, I think you are correct that it is because of the way the system is designed… I was talking with a Dad and his son last night and the dad was telling me their goal was to make novice class. He says some people just move them up, but they want to earn it. A noble cause, the problem is the way the system is set up with move up points and the like and there ends up not being a ‘beginner’ class. If a whole rookie class started today and they all rode about the same # of races, and they were all roughly competitive the system would work fine and they would all move up at around the same time. I think we all know the problem with this!

Caveman

I have to agree with Bill on this one. Getting the NBL (or the ABA) to change would take an act of God. They’re pretty proud of the way they do things and see no reason to change.

Especially Bob Tedesco. In 97 at the Tampa national some pros were talking to him in the pits about things that should be changed and what not and he had an answer for everything. Basically he had no desire to listen to what they had to say. I relayed that story to Danny Nelson and he said Clayton John is the same way.

Tedesco isn’t going to listen to one person. I would go so far as to say if the whole state of NJ came forward with an idea it still wouldn’t be enough to make him move.

What’s the answer? I don’t know. Brett you’re right, this is OUR sport and if we think the people in charge are doing a bad job we can and should do something about it. I just don’t know what that is…. yet.

bmiddaugh

Dave, when you tell me stuff like that it just makes me more fired up…
    Answer for everything eh? Answer for why I get 25 motos now at a local? Why doesn’t racing have freestyle type of coverage? Why are we stilll operating with 1993 software? Where is the NBL’s returns? ITS A NON-PROFIT they are required to post all tax returns.
    We aren’t kids,
    We are MEN and WOMEN in our 30’s and 40’s who KNOW what to do.
    You won’t listen to your pros? Your ambassadors to the sport? They aren’t kids either, they are highly skilled pro athletes….ok…relax…

UBMXRC

bmiddaugh

oh.
    and when the state of NJ talks people are gonna freaking listen.
    Carol Gleason, (Bicycle World) told me that she PERSONALLY changed a few things in the NBL in the early days because they were doing things inefficientley.
    Carol was not a lady to be afraid to speak her mind and we are gonna follow suit.

Carpe Diem…
    Ok, alright that was over the top…sit down kid.

LeadSled1

Things will change or something new will come along. I think my position for the UCI Worlds was jeapordized by what I have said but you know what, I only spoke the truth so I have no regrets.

I used to bleed NBL but what can you do if no one wants to listen? 😥

bmiddaugh

Jess,
    It damn well better not have been…

BIGANT-DOG

I am all for getting rid Career rookies. I started out as one, but I MOVED UP ON MY OWN. Hell there really is no pride in being national #1 rookie espicially for 3 yearsin a row. It is okay to start out as one. But move the hell up. Look at the Mcnamara issue from last year. He should not have been rookie. Glad that he got busted and i do not see him anymore either. Ain’t no shame in being one, but when the time is right move up.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.