Homepage Forums Grassroots BMX Ideas, Innovations Rookies returning again for the 06 series.

• This topic has 14 voices and 94 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    LeadSled1

Yes, that was us. 😉 I wasn’t planning on bringing JD as I did not think he would have a class. I am going to call home and let him know Kyle is going to be there and see if he wants to go. Since he has met Kyle and they were riding together he will probably want to go.

CWCCRIDER

@Caveman wrote:

Chris, so this is all your fault!?!?!?!? 😆
    And you call yourself a Deptford local? I’m shocked.
    That does it, you and your son both get it next time I announce at EHT. 😆
    Yeah, I remember my first race. One piece cranks, front brakes, and a pie plate. And I wasn’t clipped in either. My secret weapon was my chrome checkered pads.

HA HA you forgot that we all had loose headsets and stripped Handel bars
    now that’s when rookies were rookies !!!! 😆 😆

That’s funny my wife was asking me who the announcer guy trash talking was !!!

The next race that you announce my son will be novice and if you have anything to say to me you will be saying it to my backside !!!! 😛 😛
    I’m not going to LET you beat me in cruiser agin!!!!! 8) 8)

CWCCRIDER

@TideyFamily wrote:

CW

I in now way was bashing your son!! To me 2 or 3 years in a Rookie class is crazy. I think the NBL has to totally change thier whole thinkin about this. I now am looking forward to going back to ABA. If you weren’t expert you didn’t get sh*t. I think any kid who has clip peddles shoudn’t be in ROOKIE.. ABA you get these kids who have their Walmart bike and rock the Novice class, move up to Intermediate, then when they have thier confidence build up thier parents spring for maybe a race bike.

New NBL Rookie’s never even have a chance to build up that confidence.
    My son got 2 first place trophy’s last week since he was the only 8 year old, I didn’t have the heart to tell him why he got first.

It’s all good Tidey I know exactly how you feel I was once there
    I regret not finding you to introduce myself I have been hanging around this site alot and you seem to be just the kind of person bmx needs
    The more we get involved the better we can make it !!!

And correct me if I am wrong your son got 2 first and NO move up points (because he didn’t beat anyone his age) That system stinks!!!

LeadSled1

Loren,

Just talked to JD and he wants to go if Kyle is going. I am going to sign him up this afternoon.

Jess

TideyFamily

And correct me if I am wrong your son got 2 first and NO move up points (because he didn’t beat anyone his age) That system stinks!!!

This is true!!! He got thirds point wise. He was just happy as hell to get that HUGE throphy they had left over from Veterans Day. His Jaw dropped when he saw how big that thing was.

s4lnj

man!!! i step away for a couple of days and this thread is on fire—

nothing left to say really

I got one more thing to add. My son (8 yr old), just got his ‘move up points audit’ in the mail. Now, hes no rockstar, but out of 32 races that they have listed, he has 4 move up points. I havent gone over his races, and I didnt keep good records last year, but I know he has more than that. He was #2 in the state last year! They only have 2 state races listed, (we did 4 qualifiers, plus the championship). My point is their record keeping sucks, and if all these rookies are waiting for their ‘letter’….it aint coming for a long time!!!

Caveman

Wow, I’ve always known the NBL is completely disorganized but this is ridiculous. They don’t even know how many races you’ve won? It’s a wonder they get the national points right. Maybe its because their rules are so convoluted and retarded. At least when I started in ABA a win was a win. If you were a novice racing intermediates, you got intermediate points. But if you got 2nd, you got 2nd. Real easy to figure out.

RaidenHayden

Dave, we need another ABA track in NJ, there is one in the works, it just won’t be down by you guys

CWCCRIDER

The bowl is still there!!!! All we need is some DUST 🙄 🙄

bmxlegend

bill is it gonna be by me???

Caveman

Actually the bowl is not still there. In all my boredom I drove by there on the way home from Action Wheels. I remember for years after the track was plowed, there were still some tires sticking out of the ground that used to line the straights. They’re gone now and there’s a building on top of it. It was wild to drive through old Charles Fasola park again.

The new ABA track is going to be Braddock. Ha! It’s going to have the same old flat gate with 6 inch drop off down to the track.

Where were we? Oh yeah. Down with career rookies!

CWCCRIDER

I guess it’s been a while since I drove down memory lane!!! 🙁 Will just move a building first 😀 😀 No problem!!!!

RaidenHayden

Chris, it probably takes a while to get down memory lane with that big wheel 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

s4lnj

a couple fo years ago when mullica closed i thaught about deptford for a new track– the same park has the ootbal field that isn’t used any more as well as the tennis courts and playground– they have the room– but i talked to some guys i know in the municipal building and they said that there was almost no chance– the park is a lost cause these days– they don’t even open the pool anymore– maybe it could be worth looking into– who knows

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.