Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing Old School Racing remember when

• This topic has 10 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Well i am loving the FREE gloves he gave me. To some guys gloves do not mean crap. But he really did not know me andwanted me to help run the bmx team. So i am down for team CJS.

s4lnj

rodney is right– lets say rod gives a kid a bike, jersey, helmet and some t’s– hes into this kid for lets say

bike $500
    jersey $45
    helmet $50
    t’s$30
    about $625 retail.

this particular rider needs to bring in at least $625 worth of buyers, before the shop will even start to earn a profit.

not to mention weather or not he’s picking up race fees, time spent making repairs, or buckets of asprin for all the headaches.

all for a cycling discpline, who’s industry sells direct, or sells cheaper through mail order.

small story about dans comp– when jimmy levan started metal bikes, he calls dans–
    “hey, i started a bike company called metal, wanna buy 10 frames?”

“how many did you get make?”

“75– giving 5 to team members, gonna try to sell 10 to you then ten to frankford bike supply(another mail order–very good), and then some local shops.”

“we’ll buy all 70, but we want them cheap, and we want to be the only people selling them. we will be the sole distr. for metal”

i don’t know if they still run like this– but they would strongarm thier way into everyone’s pockets. metal isn’t the only company that they did this to. i almost never buy from dans, caus ethey killed the bike shops, which is killing the local scene”(racing anyway)

dave

BIGANT-DOG

Shameless sponsor plug

bmiddaugh

Ant,
    Rod gave me an idea that will come to fuition this weekend.
    Tell Al to look in his email for something from me.

BIGANT-DOG

word

RaidenHayden

Rt. 15 Bicycle, these guys have helped me out tons over the years. Then I got throw a plug in for Kevin Plains Bike Shop, another who over the years helped me out tons. there are shoops out there that will help you. Kev has a huge team again. Rt 15 hsa three people on the team

One of the little rules in BMXL is that we are only going to have two levels Factory and Bike Shop. To qualify as Bike shop they must have a Bike Shop brick and mortar front. So lets say Bob Lawnmower wants to run a team, fine, they just have to work with a local Bike shop and Bobs can sponsor say Chip-n-Dales. Andys team gets some support and Bobs Lawnmower gets some advertisement.

To be a factory team in BMXL youd have to make bikes. So Answer can support Staats or whatever like the old Aero and Max deals. True factory and bike shop teams.

What else will BMXL do to encourage teams to enter team sheets and pick up riders? You’ll just have to show support for BMXL and help us start to change the face of BMX to find out what I have in mind.

http://www.bmxl.org

One of the little rules in BMXL is that we are only going to have two levels Factory and Bike Shop. To qualify as Bike shop they must have a Bike Shop brick and mortar front. So lets say Bob Lawnmower wants to run a team, fine, they just have to work with a local Bike shop and Bobs can sponsor say Chip-n-Dales. Andys team gets some support and Bobs Lawnmower gets some advertisement.

To be a factory team in BMXL youd have to make bikes. So Answer can support Staats or whatever like the old Aero and Max deals. True factory and bike shop teams.

What else will BMXL do to encourage teams to enter team sheets and pick up riders? You’ll just have to show support for BMXL and help us start to change the face of BMX to find out what I have in mind.

http://www.bmxl.org

BIGANT-DOG

BIGANT-DOG

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.