Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old NJ bmx meeting

• This topic has 11 voices and 21 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    rider1

I was unable to make it to the meeting on Saturday. Brett and Rich Farside gave me the rundown on everthing that happened. For those of you that dont know, my Foundation is/was prepaired to make a grant to NJBMX. Some people were not interested in that idea. Why I am not sure. It seemes that there is a great deal of confusion on weather or not this grant can be made. Let me say that yes it can, and I am more than willing to make it. To clear up the whole issue, I would be willing to have an attorney advise NJBMX on the whole issue at my expense. I love BMX and I believe that NJ has many great riders. My only intention is to give all the riders an oppertunity to race and enjoy BMX as much as I did.

Rich Carolan

BIGANT-DOG

Rich you are a stand up guy. Nuff said.

bmiddaugh

Any replies to this post must remain tactful or they will be deleted.

bmiddaugh

I will be copying this to the njbmx forum.

rodney

Why are some people not interested ??Rich is a great person with passion for bmx .We should all thank him !!!

RaidenHayden

I’m sorry I don’t understand it either, because in all the research I did, this should not have been a problem!!!!!! This would have benefitted ALL the riders, and given them the sense of an event like atmosphere. Something BMX had back in the day!!!!!

bmiddaugh

Relax everyone.
    Rich has stepped up and still wants the grant to go through and has offered help to get it done.
    I will also call Vinny this evening personally and tell him.
    Rich has personally told me he has a lot of respect for Vinny and Vinny has said the same about Rich.
    It’s not so much as not being interested as there is confusion.
    Remember I will not allow this post to degenerate into anything.

My impression was that ‘the board’ doesnt think it can be done legally. I will defer to Rich on that. I did not hear anyone say they were not interested. It would seem to me that the board needs to be walked through the steps. Baby steps at first.

Loren

bmiddaugh

I believe that Loren has summed it up.
    At this point this thread will be locked.
    Any further discussion of this matter can be done on the official njbmx forums where it is posted in the state series section.
    Thanks,
    Brett

bmiddaugh

unlocked by request from Rich Carolan for further input from people who have questions.

RFarside

Rich I wanted to thank you again for stepping up.

@rider1 wrote:

I love BMX and I believe that NJ has many great riders. My only intention is to give all the riders an opportunity to race and enjoy BMX as much as I did.

These are my feelings exactly. This is why I wanted to get involved and try to help out. But I keep running into a brick wall and don’t know why.

paulc

Sounds like Rich Carolan is a great guy! I remember last year when he wanted to donate +/- 5G’s to a HCBMX track rebuild and they did not want it? I never really understood why this happened. Now, a year later and Rich is still trying to help out. Way to go Rich!

s4lnj

lets not forget , that this is all AFTER he had retired from bmx to pursue veldrome

dave

bmiddaugh

Irrelevant.
    Type Carolan foundation into google.

bmiddaugh

IN FACT I WANT EVERYONE ON THIS SITE TO DO THAT.

GOOGLE.COM

CAROLAN FOUNDATION.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.