Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old new chat and you guys are never in it~

• This topic has 7 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

flemington had a b1tchen descision maker.. well it was b1tchen for back then, what year was that.. 93-94-95?

bmxmom156

it was def there in94- 95 i think thats when we started.. why did they take it out anyway? dont remember.

4130forlife

i dont remember when they took it away..man.. 94 was 13 years ago.. i was good back in 94, haha

i look forward to talkin with danny this weekend.. and i wont smoke around him either 🙂

bmxmom156

Peace

thanks! moving up to that class was an eye opener for sure… having a bday the week before was wild!!! its going to be fun he is really looking fwd to that open series- i hope we get some other riders from out of state too… have to post it on that nebmx news site as well i think there are quite a few new pros/superclass riders that post there as well… saw some down in fla//i am not sure how to put a link up… can someone post the announcenment with the hyper/pro-am series up on http://www.nebmxnews.com for me? one of these days i will learn this techy stuff..

bmiddaugh

I would really like to know why that obvious piece of evolution stopped.

bmxmom156

ok heres the story i got straight from the horses mouth( mr smith is the master of track memory and i dont ever question it…lol)

in 94-95 hc had 2 sets of doubles in each straight ( 4 ) except for the first one which was the starting hill then table to double to 1st turn… rest of the track was double double turn…double double turn… blah blah… it was boring..so they changed it and put in decision maker ams one side, and big doubs on the other… that stayed for about 2 yrs and hardly anyone was jumping it. dan said he thinks scotty was jumping it at around 9 yrs old but thats about it. then they took out the decision maker and put in the “rhythm section” which was a small doub, larger doub x2 then step up. that was the yr i invested in a chest protector for dan and boy did he use it. i think the knabes donated a truck load of hay for the pole areas ( just for dan… he didnt quite make them most of the time) but thats what happened. iremember when he started jumping every week he would say at least once on a saturday..to brian lynch…i hate this track it sucks yada yada..i cant get these jumps… he kept tellin him to keep trying and then marcus helped him out and in about a month or 2 he got them down.. not smooth but no more rolling down the hill sideways ( ps fox got so much business from us ( north jersey racing)we got them as a team sponsor for chest protectors…lol)

so i dont know what the moral of the story is…. for some if the frustration of not getting it right away is too much they may quit…or persevere and keep trying out of stubborness or the love of the sport… whatever it is i think each kid/rider will have to make that decision…

i think comparing back then to now is impossible to do…you had one year where greg morgan couldnt jump squat then when everyone started jumping that straight he did it and then went and finished world#1..so go figure… i feel challenge is always good each rider has to ride within their abillity.. if a rider will quit if the jumps are too hard then they may have possibly quit playing soccer or skateboarding or anything else when the going gets tough…. who knows…

dont dumb down the tracks but make them do-able.

4130forlife

if bmx was easy.. everyone would do iot.. i think we as bmx geeks are a special group of people..thats what i think anyways

bmx isnt suppose to be safe

we live for living on the edge..

TenaciousD

Not to go and throw a wrench into the works or anything but my last year racing was in 95 and the decision maker was gone that year.

I believe the first year at the “new” track was 91 and thats when we first saw the decision maker and i think it lasted only 2 years.

from 1990 to 1995 i missed all of 2 motos at that place….

bmxmom156

sorry… i think the decision maker went in about 96 till 97 then they took it out and put in with that rhythm section.( 3rd straight)

sickryder83

the history of the track is posted on hcbmx.org.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.