Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old new chat and you guys are never in it~

• This topic has 7 voices and 23 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

i never see you guys in chat gosh darnit ….. maybe we should me in a chat on like weds at 8 9 ish to just talk bmx and goof off get plans etc etc….

4130forlife

i was there last night talkin to mr farside

yeah i know i was in it to for a little bit with you guys….

bmxmom156

whats with this new chat thing? i tried to get on when we were down in fla and then we just got home today and tried again it seems like its on but no bodys home???

hey i was wondering how the races went last weekend??? opening day and all…

updates??

bmiddaugh

Can you get on Debbie?
    or are you saying that no one is in there?

I think we need to set a chat time.

bmxmom156

i think i got on. it was a blank screen where you type in the bottom but no one was there. then i got alot of these pop up thingys where ie went nuts and took over my screen. it happned when i tried to do it in fla also… i thought i was doing somethng wrong.. who knows. maybe i am not chat savy..haha

hope you guys had a good race week. i will say this… if anyone dares complain about flem or lips on any track in nj they need to check out that orlando track…talk about lips… there were more jumps on that track than i have ever seen…. i tell you my son said if we had a track like that in nj.. had everything on it…speed, power, rhythm, jumps ( maybe a little too many jmo) and enduro for sure… lots and lots of passing in that last straight for you that have been training all winter it surely paid off….. our riders would have major skill if we had a track like that.. (minus the cross wind of course….) sarasota was a little more low key but still fun just the same… it was our first time doing a fla race and man what an experience!!

i spoke to a mom who runs concession at orlando and she said they only get about 18-20 motos on a good day so we arent so far off the mark…i assumed they had atleast 30-40 like ct tracks but i guess i was wrong.. maybe too many tracks within an hr of each other who knows…?

keep the jumps… just up the skill level…

bmiddaugh

So tracks in their current state no matter where they are still draw only 20 motos.

We need to rethink what we are doing. On one hand, build the track so you can race nationals, on the other, no local kid wants to race on em.

bmiddaugh

um, has anyone else experienced pop ups?

4130forlife

if you BUILD jumps.. real jumps.. they will come

bmiddaugh

real jumps…
    define.

BIGANT-DOG

So what will tearing down cjbmx and rebuilding acomplish, from what i have read not a thing. but that is another thread.

bmiddaugh

Cj built 20’+ doubles last year, I have not seen a huge increase in ridership.

bmiddaugh

I have seen the videos from the heydays of BMX racing and the tracks did not have monster jumps on them at local races. Check those videos on the Veterans threads.

bmiddaugh

our riders would have major skill if we had a track like that..

I only pull this quote to make a point, not to bust Debbie’s chops.
    We have, according to the nbl state championship, about 175-200 riders. Maybe 25-30 are top level riders.
    We should have 1,750 to 2,000 riders.
    Promote.
    Build tracks that cater to the average 11-15 year old kid and you will build the sport.
    Then we can have pros who can make money because there will be enough people into it to make it so people will want to sponsor BMX races.
    This is hard to explain but we will show you how it is done.
    stay tuned here:
    http://www.newjerseybmx.com

bmxmom156

sorry i didnt mean make the whole track all extreme jumps just a section or two that would challenge. you can always go back to the good old decision makers like when we first started….then everyone is happy… let the riders decide which side they are ready to take…

what i meant was to have a little bit of everything to help the riders in their skill levels… jumpin manualing whatever they need…to progress and get better…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.