Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old Maybe clips are not that bad.

• This topic has 18 voices and 57 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    bmxmom156

ant…rethink this please…but

if you insist then get a pair from somone and try them on the GRASS in your yard first( not even on the street or your driveway)

what the little guys do is practice clipping in and out it will be embarrassing as your wife will have to hold you up by your handlebars while you do this ( just like they used to do in bike inspection years ago)

then when you have that down ride around your yard or a nice soft grassy area in case you decide to bail out (mind you wearing full protective knee and elbow protection and full face)

when you are riding have your wife randomly yell “SQUIRREL” and imagine you ahve to do an emergency unclipping to avoid hitting a squirrel… ahha this is what we did with danny ( was marcus’s suggestion when he was 7) so if you can do this without falling over….maybe you might be ready to try it on the street/ hard surface….

i kid you not.

im sure its just a curiosity thing and you will get over it….

CWCCRIDER

I got it !!! Lets all get together after the next race
    Drink 2 cans of PBR
    2bottels of yuengling
    throw in some tanqueray

And then we’ll put the clips on 😆 😆

BIGANT-DOG

im sure its just a curiosity thing and you will get over it….

Deb you are right, I have been saying clips suck and this and that, but have never tried em, the kids on the team are the one’s who convinced me too. And i thought about it, I am not a close minded person and would at least give em a try.

4130forlife

im close minded

Pinky111

@4130forlife wrote:

im close minded

Well In the case of Ant I am

LeadSled1

Unless you have 100% confidence in your riding (jumping and manualling) I would highly recommend against taking them out on the track. The first time you get in trouble you are going to let go of the bars as your feet are not going anywhere. It’s like being a captain of a ship, when it goes down you are going to ride it all the way into the dirt.

Pinky111

Thats one thing I actually impressed myself with, the times that I have bailed while clipped in, my bike went away. My son can do it too, I think it might just be the Crank Bros style of clip.

bigjeff

Ant, what size shoe are you?????

BIGANT-DOG

10 or 10.5 depending on the shoe

RaidenHayden

Chris has the right idea, hell anything that includes Tanqueray is a GREAT idea LOL, yeah I’m feeling better, still can’t drink though!!!!!!!

4130forlife

bill were you at secaucus when i almost killed myself?

RaidenHayden

over the second jump in the first straight,

bmxmom156

ant danny donated about 3 pr clip shoes to the track( flem) they are in a bag in registration i dont remember what size but he gave them a bunch of recycled stuff in case anyone needed stuff.. i will look on sat if you promise to be carefull…

🙄

BIGANT-DOG

I promise. i just told my wife and she said why???????????

Craigmeur77

Ant — if your issue is bashing clips without ever having tried them, consider this: rather than putting youself in harm’s way, you could simply choose not to offer any opinion on clips. It’s not worth jeoparizing your safety just so you can back up an opinion.

This is not the same as trying a threadless headset or carbon forks. Listen to what people have said here and think this one thru.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.