Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. i am no longer allowed

• This topic has 13 voices and 40 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    rodney

Do the right thing set your bike on fire and kill yourself that will show him HAHA just kidding we all know parents can suck sometimes its been going on forever believe me I am a parent …..just learn from this

bmiddaugh

I suggest everyone here read some Jospeh Campbell. No matter your belief system.

Congratulations Lou, you’re on the heroes journey, it’ll all work out fine. —

rodney

Wait.. you want a bunch of bmx losers to read hahahaha

loudogg666

to tell the truth bmxmom. i don’t hang out with any one. and if i do happen to hang out with people, that don’t do drugs or do drugs around me. i’m straightedge myself. and so are like five of my friends that i really hang out with and ride with.

my dad just doesn’t make any sense to me, it really just bothers me. i have to sneak out to do some as harmless as pedaling a bike around in circle for four hours? its just a damn bike, its not like i’m going around banging hookers all night or shooting up on some stype of drug. it just pisses me off.

i’ll never understand and i’ll never find out what he is doing this to me. and yes, i have done things with out them asking me to do them. i do that a lot. but even when i do, its not good enough.

and brett, once i get a chance from too, i will definitey be doing some reading.

bmiddaugh

Most important thing is what Legend said, keep riding that bike.

Just not in traffic…

come on, I had to say something funny its brokenspokes.net here, jeesh!

bmxmom156

thats all you can do then… short of telling him exactly what you just told me theres not much else you can do but keep keep doing what you like, maybe he will come around eventually…

4130forlife

run away from home!!!!

tell your pop you arent coming home till he isnt a crazy wack job any longer

he doesnt own you

adamguild

You should show your dad the amount of money some of the people in BMX make. Like Matt Hoffman, Dave Mirra …etc…..You may not understand what he is trying to do but he does seem to have your best future interests in mind.Is your dad a main stream team sports type of person? I am just interested in his background to get a broader aspect of your situation.. Hope it all works out..

RaidenHayden

Yeah, but it shouldn’t be about money!!!! It should be about what you enjoy. Some of te best friends I have are from doing this. And at my absolute lowest point in my life, my bike, and the riends I had from it were there for me. Lou at some point you have to figure out what is best for you. In my case, my parents got so negative about this, that 2 years ago I said enough. The bike has always been a positive thing in my life, so it stayed

rodney

These last few posts have been the most positive i have heard so far on this site… man I love the bmx family

BIGANT-DOG

ROD since you know him the best, why not try and talk to his dad? Lou is one of the nicest kids I have ever known. Or how about a letter writing campaign? Oh I meant the next time you are down this way. (talking to his dad.) to quote will smith

PAREN’T JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND.

Bill i can relate to how you feel, When I was at a real low point 6 years ago, i “discoverd” my bike again. And besides getting married, bmx is the thing that saved me from drifting off into oblivion.

Can we do a letter for lou? have us all sign it (or type our names at the end. ) print it out and send it to his dad.?

BIGANT-DOG

I just wrote something,But can’t type it up at work. Maybe this can help lou out. Will have it up when i get home

loudogg666

i honestly think that by riding my bike for the past six years has kept me out of a lot of trouble. it kept me away from drugs, smoking, drinking, and a bunch of other stupid stuff. i’ve been invited to so many parties where i just totally decline them and go out and ride. or i’ll bring my bike with me and stay outside the whole time riding my bike.

my dad is a very strict catholic dude. he was never a jesus freak until about two years ago and its really weird. he is always teling me there is a reason for everything. this just makes no sense. i got caught trying to sneak out last to ride and i got in even more trouble.

the thing is that i don’t understand, i’m 18 years old and SHOULD be able to do what I want.

thanks for all the positive support. i’m going to keep on riding. for the rest of my life. thank you all.

and yes antdog, i got your message, but i was too pissed to talk to anyone that day. and i’m still pretty bummed. and i have my graduation party on saturday and i’m sure its going to suck, i told a lot of my friends to bring their bikes. but, yeah.

BIGANT-DOG

Lou we got your back. What is your last name btw

bmiddaugh

You are 18, welcome to semi-adulthood.
    Say goodbye to MHS.
    I can guarantee you that if you continue to ride your bke for 6 more years things will open up for you that you never expected.
    Listening to what you tell us, you already have an innate understanding of right and wrong, so you must do what you know is right.

Um, when you’re 18 you don’t have to sneak out to ride.
    You can just go ride.
    You might want to call Dave, he is a very level headed guy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.