Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ BMX Racers Forum How many full factory guys??

• This topic has 12 voices and 59 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    4130forlife

the fullest

tpbmxtd

@bmiddaugh wrote:

Full factory rider=
    100% paid entry fees
    travel to all major races and lodging
    free bike, uniform, apparel, parts
    contingency money for getting coverage (magazines, major internet sites, etc.)

Older riders should also be getting a monthly stipend to offset the expense of traveling, training, i.e.: food, gym membership, etc.

This should also apply to co-sponsors.

If you paid for any part of your deal you are at best a co-factory rider, at worst it’s a buy in deal.

Reality.

That is the way it used to be BITD. It is hard to find that kind of deal anymore. Most of the “Factory” deals are a uniform, bike, discount on parts and race fees. If you can get that in this day and age, I would say that you are a “Factory” rider.

Don’t get me wrong, there are the few exceptions to that rule.

bmxmom156

agree with the above… in the past the factory teams did sponsor their riders that way…

there are factory teams that pay for main finishes ( team sheets finishes etc) depending on how the rider performs, then there are factory teams that dont do team sheets at all. they rely on their riders promotion to sell bikes, etc and dont have any pressure on them as compared to above. then there are the far and few between that sponsor riders like dr and kb and pay for plane fare etc…..i think thats what brett was referring to.

there are many national teams that are not considered “factory” teams but they still pay their riders for their main finishes.. i am hearing more and more tms doing this. personally i think it puts too much pressure on the riders ( esp the young ones) but thats just me..kind of puts a $$ worth on a rider then what happens when he falls and didnt make the main? how to explain this to a younger rider?? its not like he didnt try his best…

moderator2

@bmxmom156 wrote:

there are many national teams that are not considered “factory” teams but they still pay their riders for their main finishes…

What are you referring to? Paying for entrance fees or for your performance in the main? If you are saying it’s for main finishes I find that very hard to believe. Name me one non Factory team that is doing this.

bmxmom156

cmr does this depending on how you finish you get cash… i believe you have to finish top 3…it may be like 30-20-10 or something like that.

there are others im positive.. i will ask dan when he gets home

remember cybercycles? they did it at one point.

when we had our national team(njr) i used to pay for everyones entry regardless if they were a main maker or not.if we got entry fees pd for by a sponsor( corporate) for a particular national anyone who raced that race had their race fee pd. regardless of our team finish too…i remember back then kids used to come up to us and ask if they had to make the main to be on our team… i was suprised…apparently it is still the custom today

moderator2

@bmxmom156 wrote:

cmr does this depending on how you finish you get cash… i believe you have to finish top 3…it may be like 30-20-10 or something like that.

there are others im positive..

CMR will pay your entrance fee if you make or win your main. That’s it.

moderator2

“How many full factory guys?â€ÂÂ￾

Phil Delizia would be the closest to being full Factory. He is Felts only full Factory rider.
    Anthony Derosa for Redline is well on his way.
    Rich Farside for Hyper still gets a Factory deal.

4130forlife

cmr pays out if you place top 4..jim doesnt pay your entyr fees

moderator2

So what you’re telling me is CMR feels his riders aren’t good enough to pay for there entrance fees but if you place in the top 4 and help his team sheet out he will reward you? 🙄

bmiddaugh

Guys,
    Full factory is full factory,
    if someone is giving you a deal less than what I described then you are not full factory.

The team you are riding for is giving you what they can afford but it is not a “full factory ride”.

I’ll extrapolate on this later….
    man, what has happened to BMX in the years the founding generation were out of town getting their lives going….

Gawwwwwwwwwwwwd.

4130forlife

im telling you what i know.. you wanna be on the team, thats how he does things..at least he gives money out

i cant do that on my team.. good for cmr for being able to give back money

s4lnj

you hook me up with beers when i need em and that’s good enough for me

4130forlife

davep, are you going to be on my team next year?

bmxmom156

yes that is correct. the payout is for top 3 cash($30-20-10) depending on your finish. dan is very good friends with a rider who gets pd for his top 3 main finish. not entry fee( $45-50)

bmxer901

Really 100% full factory means your 16 & up and are also pro. The only way for a rider to except money is to be 16. I beleive the aba has rules about there factory teams.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.