Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Have you ever cramped up so bad?

• This topic has 12 voices and 26 replies.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Caveman

Curled your hands in? That is pretty freaky.

Oatmeal is just an excellent source of carbs and a big bowl of it would have made the difference that day.

While in Spain we had seminars every night and one was about nutrition from a triathlete. They’ll burn something like 9000 calories in an ironman and they have to replace that as they go. Endurance athletes don’t give a rat’s ass about protein. It’s all about the carbs. You won’t see any of them on the Atkin’s diet. They make a science out of this stuff and you know one of their big secrets? Coke.

Debbie, you are so asking for it but you’re married so I’ll be polite. 😆 I can always take it out on Danny in a turn and say, “that one was for your mom” right? You’re gonna get that kid in trouble. Only not this weekend. I’m announcing. Maybe Sunday. We’ll see.

s4lnj

i read an article in amxim — a guy that runs super marathons–like 75+ miles– he would order a pizza to street corners when he knew he was like 20 min from there

RaidenHayden

So, I do that and I’m driving 😯

bmxmom156

so what about the coke? whats that all about?

RaidenHayden

Yeah Uh Dave what IS THAT ABOUT. As an avid road cyclist I know in the old days of the Tour De France, it was amphetamines and cocaine that made them go. So like what gives with that

Caveman

While they’re training they keep a very strict diet but come race time when you’re depleting yourself so fast and you need a lot of glucose, Coke is an easy way to get it. The guy that was telling us this got fifth in the Hawaii Ironman and has won the Brazil Ironman. That boy was no joke. It was so funny because all these serious roadies had their cytomax and their powerbars and powergel but the next day everyone was drinking Coke.

Not me, I was doing the amphetamines and cocaine the next day. Ever seen somebody go 40 mph UP a hill?

Yeah Ive had thosee cramps. I’m told it comes from not stretching enough and drinking enough water. It feels like if you try to move your leg it will break. You just sit there or lay there in pain waiting and hoping it doesn’t snap.

The furthest Ive ever rode my BMX bike in one day is 135 miles.
    Road bikes, hrmffff.
    The furthest trip on my BMX bike 2,000 miles.
    Road bikes, what for?

Still If you havent seen Daves pics of Spain that trip looks awesome.

RaidenHayden

Road bikes are fun Erick, and Cavemanyou got issues bro

CWCCRIDER

@Caveman wrote:

Not me, I was doing the amphetamines and cocaine the next day. Ever seen somebody go 40 mph UP a hill?

OK now this http://www.break.com/index/biker_outruns_cops_on_highway.html makes sense 😆 😆

loudogg666

hahahahahaha, stupid cops.

adamguild

http://www.andrewskurka.com/GWL/diet.php

You are absolutely right about carbs.. Check out Long Distance hiker Andrew Skurkas Diet Plan and read about the mileage he is doing in the desert…

LeadSled1

I raced the 1990 Iron Hill, Delaware mountain bike race on my MCS Magnum cruiser. All I did was put on a set of the old toe clips with the straps. It was a 7 mile race and we did multiple laps up and down these hills. I won the 17 & under class at the event. I never walked up any hills, man was that hard. I would bunny hop the large trees and stuff which helped. After the race I got in the car to leave and every muscle cramped. Arms, neck, back legs etc. I had to wait 1 & 1/2 hours before I could drive. Thats back when I was in shape, racing Superclass and Supercruiser.

bmiddaugh

LOL,
    I was just picturing Jesse, getting in his car, thinking…

“yea man, I just smoked their asses, showed them boys how it’s done a BMX bike no less….punk azz bit c …”

oooohh
    ahhh
    ohhhhh

…can’t……….move……………body………….

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.