Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Getting back an old friend

• This topic has 5 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    RaidenHayden

Old school, new school. Who cares, the newer bikes are better in so many ways. The old ones make nice museum pieces, but you can’t ride one. I say everybody shut up and ride.
    Oh yeah I like when they call a chrome frame retro ( like my 24 Devo) Cause everybody is too cheap to pay for chrome. Chrome rules Wear sunglasses when racing me

bmiddaugh

Chrome is the bomb.
    Anyway, I only really think of BMX in one way.
    BMX.
    I like to ride the way I ride.
    I like to set up my bike the way I set it up.
    I want to just mess around on the bike, I freestyle.
    I want to see if I am better than someone, I go to the track and race. If I get beat, then they’re faster than me, I beat them, I’m faster.
    But at 40, I really DON’T CARE…
    I just want everyone who can to ride their GD Bike!
    Ride, life goes by way to M-fing quick.

rodney

word to buger, what what chris parker in the house

CrazyCraig

Okay, the consensus appears to be “just ride”, and I’m down with that.

I’m 38 and officially back on a bike, and the fact that I have dropped almost 10lbs so far is affecting more than just my riding (the wife likes a thinner me, we’ll leave it at that). Still got 30-40 to go, so things are looking up!

But, back to the OS / NS thing. The question was asked where do you draw the line: I’ve heard it said pre-85 is OLD OLD School, but does it really matter? And then there is mid-school, and on and on. But, to answer back about its a way to charge higher prices by everyone collectively collaborating and validating the rarity of an item, well, market conditions affect prices of any item. If you have 30 people that want to buy a 20yr old set of never used Z-Rims, well, there is some value there if they don’t make them any more and you want them. I just paid $31 for a Redline NOS handlebar pad for my early 80’s PL24 cruiser build. Its a rare item and thats what it cost to get it (the last one on ebay went for $50, so I feel lucky at $31).

So, you be the judge, did I overpay because it’s “Old School”?? They don’t make it anymore, so how else was I going to get it?

Anonymous

As long as you wanted it for what ever reason thats fine ……we all have a right to our own opinions…………there are a few parts,frames I would pay top dollar for but have not found them on the bay yet…………….

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.