Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Getting back an old friend

• This topic has 5 voices and 18 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Back in 97 i had a sweet redline 700 sl tricked out. the bike i was gonna start racing on. It got ripped off. I get an email from my buddy on the other site. (vintagebmx.com) Yeah that’s right vintage , adam’s favorite site. 👿 Me and this worked out a deal i am sending him some parts, and i am getting the f&f. This means alot to meseeing as how i got the flights back. Brett you know the deal on how i found em in my garage. But that is dead issue. I know alot of you are in to the new school (ROD ADAM) but getting this chance is too good to pass up

rodney

Is there always going to be this new/old school crap who cares were you are from JUST RIDE if you like it fine is one better then the other??

BIGANT-DOG

I have nothing against n.s. but i thought i might catch crap for building up an old bike. I might be getting a new school hyper f&f this summer. I f the funds work out.

Anonymous

Damn and I thought this post was about you an Bill kissing and making up……………………

bmiddaugh

I always hated school.

Anonymous

Uh……. new school is not my thing sorry. As long as it doesnt break regardless of when it was made I would ride it.

BIGANT-DOG

Adam that will never happen, some things in life are ment to be that way. i wish him success in whatever he does but it will never be the same again.

CrazyCraig

Yes, there is always going to be the new school / old school thing. I don’t think it can be avoided. This is the only way to explain it sometimes. Otherwise, you can’t necesarily appreciate the love for an old Redline, etc.

I have one complete 2004 Redline Flight 24 (not completely stock anymore), and am building two other projects, maybe three. The easiest way to explain it is one is a new school build, the other is a (true) old school build (my early 80’s Redline PL24). Once you say that people can appreciate what you’re doing.

At least thats how I feel.

But, like Adam said, as long as it doesn’t break, it works for me.

rodney

WAIT a minute Adam did you have anodized nipples, straight laced wheels , cut bars plasticpedals, small sprockets, low nose sky high little seats , dont forget we were all trendy at one point

Anonymous

Honestly most of those things you pointed out are old…………………Are you talking about my nipple rings or spoke nipples? Straight laced wheels are easier to lace and true.Only rode medal pedals and small sprockets when they were free,rode a low seat twice in my life once to learn hangfives circa 1988-1989 and around 1995 on my Homeless……. High seats are just more comfortable as I have a higher center of balance…….

Cut bars sucked ass , they only prevented me from learning……. You live and learn……….Who ever said I wasnt trendy??????????????? I said I wasnt new school cause im not . If I had the choice I would ride the same setup I did ten years ago……..From a rider/consumer I could really give a fuck about losing bike weight or European BB . I look for functionality,price and strength…………To me a bike frame(without fork) regardless of what it is made of is not worth 3 to 4 hundred dollars unless I get a free b.j with it especially if it comes with a 76 degree headtube angle……If I wanted that crap I would have bought a CW 20 years ago..

bmiddaugh

Are you talking about my nipple rings or spoke nipples?

LOL, you rock bro!

RaidenHayden

What’s all this school stuff. WOW flash backs, cause when I was in school, I was an honor student
    Yes, Your Honor
    No Your Honor
    NO Contest YOUR Honor
    Please, No more school, I just want to ride my bike!!! PEACE

bmiddaugh

dang this just gets better, lol

rodney

where exactly is the line between old and new school and why is it such a big deal did you ride did you have a good time did your bike work did you make friends all is good then

Anonymous

The school thing really comes from posers like the majority of Vintagebmx.Its a way to control the cost of buying old junk that breaks and charging astronomical prices for it.

Also we have mentioned before trends like low bars or high bars 48’s or 36′ these are a couple examples………..

I remember from the a line of a BDP song”Im still number 1″ that went something like this

“Noone from the old school cause rap on a whole isnt even 20 years old”

but then again we are trained fucking little mice into stereotyping and categorizing shit instead of just appreciating it……………………

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.