Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. does anyone think flatland is a lost art in america?

• This topic has 9 voices and 20 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    loudogg666

because, i sure as hell do. i mean there are flatlanders around america, but not nearly as much as europe.
    i have a class for computers in college, and when i’m done with the assignment, i go to http://www.global-flat.com to watch some of the videos. it doesn’t even make sense with what some of these guys are doing.
    i wish i had more people to ride with, it gets frustrating riding alone, but then again, its not bad.

BIGANT-DOG

Lou i agree with you. I used to love flat, but I don’t know it got to underground for me. Man bitd we used to have at least 30 guys in a jam circle in plainfield. Yes the hood. LOL I used to have so much fun. Now believe it or not people still remeber me from 20 years ago. Man i miss the days of riding till 1 am with a bunch of guys and then doing it all again. and again.

4130forlife

flatland is definitly not as popular are street..that sucks.. it could def be popular..

s4lnj

people can’t understand flat. flat is by far the most technical and difficult– but it isn’t death defying so people dont get it. a shame really.

CWCCRIDER

lost but not out !!

My 11 year old called me in to watch this dude on you tube, he was totally amazed how rad this dude was . I will be putting pegs on his pit bike tonight !!!!

loudogg666

i watched some youtube videos of flatland in the x-games and the people looked really stoked on what was happening. unless if the tv people told me to look happy and clap. i just don’t understand why it is much more acceptable over there and not here. i’m not bashing on american guys, like jesse, and all those other guys, but it seem america as a whole has a weak stance on it.
    i only know a couple of riders from jersey that actually ride flatland.
    Erin Donato.
    Mark Carlisi.
    Me.
    Rodney Morweiser.
    Mike Wilson.
    but thats about it.

s4lnj

chad catalano from function and the other guy from function– paul– dont know his last name.. there are also a couple kis down near ocean city that ride flat

4130forlife

erin is f’n awesome

loudogg666

yeah it seems, even with the amount of street guys, al those kids are down south. too bad its not up here.
    oh well.
    i wish kids wouldn’t follow trends.
    i wish they could be themselves.

adamguild

I learned a long time ago bot to worry about what everyone else thinks.. Especially when it comes to flatland.The longer you do it the better you will get..Im 35 I still ride and I could really care less if its dead or not popular in America…I do it because it is part of me…I have ridden with some of the best riders ever and I have ridden alone…Go at your own pace have fun and dont let other people bring you down…

loudogg666

i ride for reason, no one could probably understand unless if they were a rider themselves.
    just satisfaction.
    how are things, adam?

adamguild

Things are good.

adamguild

Oh yeah the best flatlander in the world lives in York Pennsylvania…Kevin Jones.. He is older than most of us and better…America still owns flatland and always will…

loudogg666

i hope it always will.
    i think i might take off from school next year and travel whereever i can.
    hopefully.
    that would be a lot of fun.

rodney

Alot of us just dont ride as much but still get out and play thats why its up to guys like loudogg to keep it alive I pass the torch to you…. know go ride

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.