Homepage Forums Anything But Riding… General B.S. Did you……..

• This topic has 10 voices and 27 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BIGANT-DOG

Have any goals this season? I did. I met most of em so I am pretty happy. 3 more races left and I will be a happy man.

RaidenHayden

I wish I could say the same Ant, but I couldn’t get the Flux Capicitor to work!!!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board

RaidenHayden

I wish I could say the same Ant, but I couldn’t get the Flux Capicitor to work!!!!!!!!! Back to the drawing board

CrazyCraig

My goal at the beginning of the season was simple: make it around the track without medical assistance, before, during or after the race. I met that goal (for the most part).

Then after the Greg Hill clinic, I set a goal to actually train.

Then my goal became “beat Chris Wiley” at EHT (ha-ha). I did it in a moto or two, so I am happy. (He stomped on me most of the year). 😀 Chris has become a good friend. We really enjoy racing each other.

My next goal was to perfect a local in class. I finally did that.

I then set the goal to win the State Championship. I did that by default thanks to Brett’s move-up. If I had set that goal earlier, It would have changed some of my strategy at locals. (I might not have killed it on two bikes in 95 degree heat at EHT with 13 motos)

Once things started rolling, then it became win a National. I did. (Trumbull). I should have set the goal “perfect a nat” if I had known more about the point system and how things might play out at the Grands.

That gave me the ultimate goal: Win the main at the Grands. Darn near did. It was a great four-way shootout in the main. I had my shot. Just didn’t work out. No regrets. That whole weekend had its own set of mini-goals through each round.

One goal I did set earlier, once I got back on the 20″, was to turn expert this year. Yeah, y’all say I should have started there, but It had to be right for me. Now we’re expert. Cool.

Then the last goal was win the Regional Championship Race. Sort of anti-climatic in some respects, but still a goal. All I had to do was register for the race and I had the #1 Plate, but after the beating y’all gave me about still being novice, I felt I had to win it or get beat on again (Farside said I would have never heard the end of it 😀 ). NBL rules said I had to race it as a novice. So I set a goal right there that day to make the 35-39 Cruiser main. Something I had not done at a Nat when there was more than one gate of riders. I finally did that.

I’m just writing this to give a different perspective on goal setting. Some folks start out the year and set a few big fat hairy goals. Some make it, others miss (but not for lack of trying). A lot of times people don’t come close at all and get very discouraged. If thats you, then you need to set smaller more attainable goals and work from one to the next on the way to your big fat hairy goal.

Just keep one thing in mind: Put your goals in concrete but your plans in sand. Sometimes the plan might need to change along the way but keep focused on the goal. But, even then, there will be opportunities to set new goals along the way (in additiona to your original ones). Stay flexible.

CrazyCooter

Just keep one thing in mind: Put your goals in concrete but your plans in sand. Sometimes the plan might need to change along the way but keep focused on the goal. But, even then, there will be opportunities to set new goals along the way (in additiona to your original ones). Stay flexible.

Dr Craig, we don’t have to pay you a fee for this therapy session do we?? 😆 jk

Once again, Crazy Craig…the man of few words 😆

LeadSled1

My first goal was to win a national. I didn’t do it last year. Tried again this year. Here are my national finishes in order up until this past weekend:

DNQ (Christmas Classic)
    DNQ (Worlds)
    DNQ (Grands)
    DNQ (Blue Diamond ABA)

As you can see, no #1s on the list.
    First goal failed.

Next goal was to make a decent showing at the Worlds. Didn’t make it out of the motos as I was put in the dirt 2 out of 3 motos.
    Second goal failed.

Next goal was to finish top 10 in the NBL. I went into the Grands in 8th. Came out 12th.
    Third goal failed.

Last goal is to finish top 10 in the ABA. After this last weekends horrible showing (8th and DNQ)I dropped from 8th to 9th. I’ll have to do well at the Grands to stay in the top 10.

I might wrap it up after this season. I’m not too sure what I feel like doing. That may also be the pain talking from my oozing hip sticking to my work pants too. I feel like I have hit the plateu, nothing more to be gained speed wise.

bmiddaugh

The goal of the older rider is to help BMX.
    Get more people to ride and open minds and ears to BMX.
    You guys got my goals for next year in my email.
    Winning rocks when you’re in your teens and 20’s.
    Hit 40 and just staying healthy year to year starts to sound like a major goal…

RaidenHayden

Jess, stop whinning!!! Let’s see
    Hurt my back, Hmm no racing not quiting though
    Attacked by Chipmunk, That hurt too, but not gonna quit
    Sliced hand real bad, it’s only a flesh wound, I’ll be back
    Run over by a car while on a bicycle!!!!
    Point is my summer went down the tubes, but my buddies like you Jess, and Caveman, and Matt D, Antonio B, and Kev from Cedar, the guys from the trails, are my friends, my family, as disfuntional as they may be, I’ll ride till I die, cause thats where my friends are!!!!!! BMX is still fun, and will always be.
    End of sermon, pay as you exit

Caveman

I almost did a Richie Rich and quit BMX to hit the road full time but the competition is good to keep you motivated and young and I’ve got so much time invested in this BMX crap that I’ll stay with it until my shoulders say, “no more”.

My goal for 2007 is the little honey down the street. I’m training already:
    Monday: Did three sets of ten pick up lines on the girl in accounting. Felt tired going into the third set so that wasn’t as good.
    Tuesday: Quick recovery email followed by stretching and flexing in front of her desk.

RaidenHayden

Good thing you work in an office filled with blind women

LeadSled1

I kept hearing all the Women saying Caveman was “Teh Hotness”. He has a huge following down here in DE. :wink:!

Too much sand in my shorts. It’s funny, I just got a call from Bill as SX just after that last post. I feel a little better now. I have to turn things around at the Grands and try to salvage something.

Caveman

Bad thing for them is I was flexing in Braille.

RaidenHayden

Oh Cavey!!!!!!

LeadSled1

I bet you never realized Caveman has LOVE and HATE across his nuckles in braille.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.