Homepage Forums NJ BMX Racing NJ Racing old CJBMX Spring Series Standings (Beotch)

• This topic has 4 voices and 17 replies.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    bmiddaugh

Ok, we’ve been waiting here for the top twenty standings to get posted on the CJ site for over a month now.
    I should know, I’m the guy who posts them.
    Lisa has been waiting all this time to get the computer program from Les in south jersey that we use to do the points because our old computer bit it.
    Could someone please get a hold of him and ask him to email us the DOS program so we can get the standings up. We have people asking us every week what’s going on.
    And let me also say this is not a direct attack on Les V, as I’m sure the guy has a bunch of other things to do, but we do need this to get things done.
    This does though, tie back into the NBL and their, “it’s up to the local tracks to do everything” point of view. A decent software program to take care of points for a track should not be too much to ask of an organization.
    I know for a fact the ABA does everything by email and with updated software AND even has a program for the rider at home to use to keep track of their points…
    Why must the NBL lag in a very important aspect of our program like this?

pjtaft

did you try looking around on the web,.. or reaching out for another track operator?

pjtaft

I was just looking at the results on the NBl site for the EC Nats,..
    Notice if you will,.. the list of the motos,.. the 14- 18 x classes were clearly the biggest classes,.. the Only classes that came close was the 35+ novice and cruiser groups,..

I am going to be watching this closely at the FLA state Champ that I wil be at tomorrow

bmiddaugh

Which debunks the “BMX is for little kids” mindset.
    I looked online for software but I must be using a bad search text string ’cause I can’t find jack….
    If I knew how to use excel formulas, I could do it myself, but alas, I lack those skills….
    Does anyone on here know excel enough to make a basic points tracking spread sheet?

pjtaft

what version of excel are you using?

if you have Xp ,.. use the assistant,.. the formula’s are fairly staight forward,..

IE say A1 is rider 1, b1, c1 etc to f1 are his points per event,.. and x1 is your total the formula in X1 would be ” =sum(b1:v1)” this would sum all of row 1, from column b – v,..

hope this helps,..

BTW,.. I had emailed NBL about track startup info,.. almost 3 weeks ago,.. no reply!!

bmiddaugh

i gotta fix the emoticons, lol…
    it needs to break down according to rider and class + 10 “participation points”
    So it’s have to be
    Rider name in one cell 1st in expert (value=whatever)+10 for the next cell

and it would have to know what all the values were using conditions..
    say
    1c(ruiser) = 100 points
    2 x(pert) = 120 points
    then add them up across everyone and give the top twenty overall

pjtaft

if you have a sample sheet,.. or something that way,.. send it to me,..

I’ll look at it,.. I’m sure that we can come up with something

bmxgirlmom

Have Lisa, Scott or Vinnie call Les to remind him about the program. With the hours he works at his real job and the hours he puts in at the track, some things are bound to slip by.

I can probably throw together some sort of standings for CJ and bring them up this weekend. I’ll see what I can do. I was missing moto sheets from the Warnicke though, so it may not be completely accurate. Lisa is going to give me those this weekend.

Janeen

bmiddaugh

Does Les have email? I’ll have Lisa send him a daily reminder…hehe

bmxgirlmom

Daily????
    Boy wouldn’t that po the most patient person. I know it sure would me.
    A simple phone call should suffice.

pjtaft

Sometimes,.. you have really get in someone’s face to get some movement

😈 😈 😈

bmiddaugh

Not to be an a** but I think Lisa already asked him personally a couple times….
    But….the cause of the situation is not as important as the situation itself.
    So if someone could remind Les, it’d be real cool.

bmxgirlmom

All taken care of. He’ll be back Tuesday and will be reminded. Not as easy as just sending a disc. There are a lot of things that go along with it to get it set up and working for your particular situation. Funky program!

pjtaft

okay,.. does this program tally the points,. and transmit the information to NBL?
    if not, and thsi is strictly for your location,.. I am sure that we can write up an Excel sheet with formulas

bmiddaugh

Cool, once again, thanks Janeen.

pj as you can see that’s the problem, it’s a very old dos program that could be done in an excel spreadsheet. It’s just for the track.
    I’ll send you can outline of what needs to be done.
    LOL…the NBL still requires us to SNAIL MAIL the results….
    and you should see the antiquated dos system that we use for the NBL program, oh man….it’s a joke! I feel sorry for our scoring women, which includes the above mentioned lady.

As I’ve said before though, everytime there’s been a problem or question, Janeen jumps right on it…and I’ll be honest, that’s why I put the post here, because I knew once you saw it, we’d get action.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.